Favorite movie of 1939?

Tools    

1939 was basically the greatest year for movies ever. Some of the greatest movies ever made came out in that year. I would have to say Gone with the Wind. It's truly a masterpiece, despite the running time.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Wizard of Oz is probably the film I've seen the second-most times, but as I posted recently at Movie Tab II, my pick is that other fantasy, Gone With the Wind. There are a lot of great movies from that year though.

It must have been a big year -- even I have watched two features from that year this very year: The Private Lives of Elizabeth & Essex and The Roaring Twenties.

1939 was basically the greatest year for movies ever. Every classic movie we know came out in that year.
Did you guys even read this post?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

It's because you said "every classic film we know came out that year" which is obviously wrong. But everyone's just got on with it, assuming that you didn't really mean what you said.

Thank you for the endorsement.

I admit I didn't really catch the "EVERY classic movie we know came out that year" thing. Didn't matter to me, I guess.