BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
Inside Out

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FEATURE
Son of Saul (Hungary)

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
Ennio Morricone, The Hateful Eight

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
"Writing's On the Wall", Spectre

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

As for what these mean for Oscar chances, well, the Globes are not the best predictor around. When it comes to Best Picture, they always get two bites at the apple, since they hand out awards for Drama and Comedy/Musical while the Oscars have but one award. And as this year's inclusion of The Martian as a comedy highlights, they can bend those terms as much as they want.

Even given that, last year the Golden Globes did not predict the Best Picture at the Academy Awards. Boyhood won the Globe for Drama, and The Grand Budapest Hotel for Comedy while Birdman won the Oscar. Of the last eleven years, they have missed matching the Oscar's top pick seven times, including 2005 when they didn't even nominate Crash. Although in the eleven years before that run they matched all but one time.

Going back to 1990, in the last twenty-five years one of the two Golden Globe picks has gone on to win the Academy Award for Best Picture all but ten times, or since 1990 they have been correct 60% of the time.

Oscar nominations are announced this Thursday.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	cine wonder.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	40809  

Real glad The Revenant got recognized so well, hoping that the Oscars will do the same!

Yeah if Leo doesnt get the Oscar for what he put himself through in this Role then he cant get one cause they are boycotting him. And I just have a feeling Sly is getting the John Wayne Tribute of Service and money says Sly will win his Oscar too.

I haven't seen Carol but I just don't see him directing a better flick then Coogler did Creed. Be a really cool thing to see Coogler get an Oscar nom.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)