Which is scarier: reason, or obsession?

Tools    

I'm pretty sure death is more like a lack of instructions.
Well, you could look at it also that the decomposition process is a kind of "following instructions".
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I suppose so. I just thought it would make sense that the body was designed to decompose and go through the processes of death, as if it's a post-life stage of some sorts. Maybe the "code" is in the laws of nature, then. Shoot, I thought it was inside me somewhere, having tea.

I guess if we could defeat all the things that cause the body to fall apart and die, then maybe we will start living longer, perhaps hundreds of years, someday, afterall.

I suppose so. I just thought it would make sense that the body was designed to decompose and go through the processes of death, as if it's a post-life stage of some sorts. Maybe the "code" is in the laws of nature, then. Shoot, I thought it was inside me somewhere, having tea.

I guess if we could defeat all the things that cause the body to fall apart and die, then maybe we will start living longer, perhaps hundreds of years, someday, afterall.
Well, in a sense, the physical laws that dictate decomposition are a part of us, I guess. After all, the body is matter and obeys the rules that govern matter. So it's no different than anything else. It's just acting according to the nature of the universe, which is to gradually "fall apart", it seems.

It got morbid for a reason -- the zombies won. Death, decomposition, nihilism and corpse creation beat out the ghosts, aliens, ghouls, possessed people, you name it.

It got morbid for a reason -- the zombies won. Death, decomposition, nihilism and corpse creation beat out the ghosts, aliens, ghouls, possessed people, you name it.
That's probably because the zombie hits a lot closer to home than most people would care to admit.

Semper Fooey
Blood sucking vampires are a lot cooler than mindless zombies.

Originally Posted by Deadite
That's probably because the zombie hits a lot closer to home than most people would care to admit.
It's true. Even though I love the movie Return of the Living Dead (and some other zombie movies, but that one is my favorite) I am so disturbed by it because probably more than any other horror film, it really reminds me that someday I am going to die. I don't fear turning into a zombie, but moments in the movie like when we're in the freezer with the dead body...

SCARE ME!

I just know I'm gonna have a nightmare tonight... especially with it raining hard and with thunder.

Yes, zombies disturb the heck out of me, too. Though I would say Vamps are "cooler" (eh, will)

I think most fear boils down to a fear of death, really. So all these things are kind of like masks to help people deal with that. It creates a distance between me and the subject, a relatively comfortable distance, to allow me to discuss it.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I'll also say, I don't find vampires scary at all. But I do like them for their "cool" factor.
True, most of the time I don't find them scary either. Although, it depends on which version of vampires you're referring to:

Scary

vs.

Not so scary

I would think not-so-scary vampires, like Tom Cruise in Interview with the Vampire, or even the vampires on True Blood, would scare me just as much as Barlow from 'Salem's Lot.

Vampires like this guy --

-- are just more flamboyant.