Upcoming Movies on TV Thread

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
1/25 - TCM - 12:15pm

Auntie Mame (I never saw this, but going to record it, maybe watch it when I get home)

If you have seen it, could you rate it please? I have 100 movies to choose from, and many times I spend so much time deciding, I run out of time, have to leave, and not watch a movie for that day.

1/25 - TCM - 12:15pm

Auntie Mame (I never saw this, but going to record it, maybe watch it when I get home)

If you have seen it, could you rate it please?...
I enjoyed Auntie Mame but I'm not sure you would? It's a light, charming, fun-comedy, it's well made and considered a classic in it's genre. I'd give it a

I have 100 movies to choose from, and many times I spend so much time deciding, I run out of time, have to leave, and not watch a movie for that day.
That reminds me of a recent thread on that very topic.
http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=47883

I enjoyed Auntie Mame but I'm not sure you would? It's a light, charming, fun-comedy, it's well made and considered a classic in it's genre. I'd give it a

That reminds me of a recent thread on that very topic.
http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=47883
Thanks. I ended up deleting it --- I'm running out of space on my DVR, but boy would I love to know a way to put it all out there, since I spend so much time putting it (watching a movie) off.. Once I start, I wanna finish it, unless it's horrible. I did watch "Thief" - pretty good, could have been great, James Caan was excellent, also some good writing at times.

Thanks. I ended up deleting it --- I'm running out of space on my DVR, but boy would I love to know a way to put it all out there, since I spend so much time putting it (watching a movie) off.. Once I start, I wanna finish it, unless it's horrible. I did watch "Thief" - pretty good, could have been great, James Caan was excellent, also some good writing at times.
I try to keep an eye on this thread and so if you post any potential movies and if I've seen them, I'll try to do my best to chime in on them.

I try to keep an eye on this thread and so if you post any potential movies and if I've seen them, I'll try to do my best to chime in on them.
I always wonder if anyone saw a movie because of this thread. I thought this would be the easiest way to see a movie - avoiding driving, spending money, etc..

Now that I think of it, your recommendation of "Caged" led me to see the next movie, "Birdman of Alcatraz" which is going to be on TCM tomorrow...

It would be great if others would post movies they like, since as most know, I take many recommendations from many different people on here. Even if most of us don't like a certain movie, as long as at least one person gets that unexpected joy, I'll continue to post on here.

I hope someone watched that, it's a good one! I reviewed it and gave it a

My Review: Au Revoir, Les Enfants
Thank you. Glad you liked it.. I was watching it, and for some reason, when I'm trying to stay awake (I woke up at 4:30am) I usually can't, and took a nap, so I'll probably watch the movie later today..

Did you ever see the documentary he made, very vox pop -- "Place De La Republique" - was just on TCM too.

I think you'd really, really like it. My favorite documentary ever. The director is Louis Malle - who also directed the "My Dinner With Andre" (probably my favorite movie of the 80s)

2/6 - 4:30pm - TCM
Crossfire
That's a top notch film noir, based on a true life antisemitism murder case involving several WWII soldiers after the war. If you haven't seen it I recommend it.

I think I gave it an 8/10 -- I'm a big fan of Richard Brooks (whose novel it's based from)... Great cast. Fine movie.

I love the quote, paraphrasing from memory -- "We've fought so long (overseas), now we're here, we're fighting each other, because it's all we know"

(I'll start rating all my the movies I see)

I think I gave it an 8/10 -- I'm a big fan of Richard Brooks (whose novel it's based from)... Great cast. Fine movie.

I love the quote, paraphrasing from memory -- "We've fought so long (overseas), now we're here, we're fighting each other, because it's all we know"

(I'll start rating all my the movies I see)
Good, I guessed it right then, that you would like it. I like the tag line from the movie poster. Hate Is Like A Loaded Gun!

Both of those quotes are so true.