Bug Reports for the New Design

Tools    

Scratch that for now, I've just duplicated it in Firefox.

This is utterly surreal. The link is correct in the code. I copy it into my clipboard, and it works fine in Edge and Chrome. It redirects somewhere else in Firefox! But only for a bit. After a minute or two it redirects to the right place.

What the what.
This morning everything worked fine! But as of 10:20 AM PST the problem came back.

Yeah, obviously I didn't change anything related to this during that time (and I'm pretty sure I haven't touched that template in, like, a year), so whatever's going on it has to be browser related. I dunno why you'd all be having the same problem, though, unless you're all running the same popular Firefox plugin or something and it's just now conflicting with something else.

At this point there's not even much I can look into, unless you guys feel like A/B testing with plugins turned off and seeing what changes. But there's zero reason for the problem to disappear randomly for an hour or two unless the browser is just being weird.

Oh, I misunderstood your post. I thought you had fixed it. It was working fine for the first couple hours. Then the problem reoccurred.

Twice last night I did a test, where I shut off all of my plugins, closed and restarted the browser, it didn't help. I wonder if Firefox did an update to their browser that changed the way links are cached? It's like the browser thinks there's only one link (the first clicked on) in Now Playing.

Just to make this more weird, I just away from the computer and now those links are working.

This on off link problem in Firefox started after the chat room for LOTR. I didn't have a problem during the live chat but it started once the live chat (or the banner for the chat) was removed from the board.

In this case you just need to not have specifically been set to desktop (I could be wrong, but I think you asked me to switch it to exclusively desktop a year or two ago). Anyway, just flipped the switch: you should get mobile by default now when visiting with a phone. Let me know.
Thanks looks good

Okay, don't think it worked.

I'm trying something a bit more drastic. You may all see a whole bunch of new threads listed as unread when you sign back on. Should just happen the once, though.

Update: I think New Posts may be working for me again. However, I both changed something about the site's settings and deleted my movieforums.com cookies, so I'm not sure if either (or both?) is what did it. Lemme know if you guys notice any difference right off the bat, and if not, if deleting your cookies does the trick.

Anyone else noticing that the "New Posts" don't seem to be updating this evening?
When I first accessed the site it said there were 9 pages of new posts (I've only been out for the day and in the evening there are usually 2 or 3 pages). Then, after writing several new posts I noticed the threads aren't jumping to the top of the New Posts page as they usually do when someone posts a reply on them.

And any updates on the whole Now Playing weird link nonsense would be good, too, though I'm still unsure what the heck's going on there.
Still happening. It actually happened when i clicked on this thread it went to Citizens post on page 26.

Captain New Posts is updating for me.

Still happening. It actually happened when i clicked on this thread it went to Citizens post on page 26.

Captain New Posts is updating for me.
Not for me. I posted on the "Trump" thread earlier, but could not find it anywhere under New Posts. I had to track it down by going to Forums > Intermission > etc.
Once opening it I found that Tongo had replied to my post - which should definitely have placed it back in the New Post list, but the thread isn't showing up there anywhere (for me anyway).

This thread itself - after you, Camo, replied to my post - did not show up in New Posts for me. The only way I found out you replied was by intentionally hunting the thread down under Forums > Site Stuff > etc.

Chrome here too.
I did just find this thread in the New Posts list for the first time tonight after your last reply, so maybe it's working itself out.
Thanks!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Not for me. I posted on the "Trump" thread earlier, but could not find it anywhere under New Posts. I had to track it down by going to Forums > Intermission > etc.
Once opening it I found that Tongo had replied to my post - which should definitely have placed it back in the New Post list, but the thread isn't showing up there anywhere (for me anyway).

This thread itself - after you, Camo, replied to my post - did not show up in New Posts for me. The only way I found out you replied was by intentionally hunting the thread down under Forums > Site Stuff > etc.

If you're still having problems, after you've read everything that you want to read, and you're up-to-date, click on the "Mark Forums Read" link at the bottom of the page, (on the green background, under the "Miscellaneous Forums" box, and above "The Shoutbox").

That worked for me.

If you're still having problems, after you've read everything that you want to read, and you're up-to-date, click on the "Mark Forums Read" link at the bottom of the page, (on the green background, under the "Miscellaneous Forums" box, and above "The Shoutbox").

That worked for me.
Thank you for the tip, gb!
I'll try that!

Weird thing just happened there. The Now Playing box refreshed after a couple of seconds with the same 5 threads above those 5 threads. Hardest thing to explain haha. For example say it was: rate the last movie, movie your watching tonight and movie tab when it refreshed it was those three then those three again under it. Hope you get what i mean haha.

What the hell? When i posted that it came up a box saying something like "thank you for posting, if you opted to make a poll you are not allowed to"? I only saw it for a second so some of that might be wrong.