your own remake

Tools    

I am the man of constant sorrow
Ok, so remakes are terrible right?

If you could remake a movie, what would it be? how would you change it from the original and who would you cast?

Robin Hood Prince of Theives.... I would cast Russell Crowe as Robin Hood and Keira Knightley as Maid Mariam.

Changes?

Just about everything...

http://truemoviereview.com/top-10s/t...is-summer-2008

Ok, so remakes are terrible right?

If you could remake a movie, what would it be? how would you change it from the original and who would you cast?
Remakes per se are not terrible. The Maltese Falcon had been filmed twice before--once under the same title and again starring Bette Davis--before Bogart made it a classic. High Sierra, another Bogart film, was remade two times--once with Jack Palance playing Bogart's role and again as a Western with Joel McCrae. as the star in a Western setting as Colorado Territory. Broken Lance, a 1950s-early '60s Western starring Spencer Tracy, Robert Wagner and Richard Widmark, was made twice before, the original with Edward G. Robinson playing Tracy's part as the head of a dysfunctional family. But in the first two versions of that movie, the family business was a New York bank, not a cattle ranch.

I recently was impressed by Sean Penn's take on Broderick Crawford's Academy Award-winning role as Willie Stark in All the King's Men. In fact, I've never been a Penn fan, but I did like him in that movie, which was close to the original film and the book from which it was taken. In fact, the remake threw in several bits underlining that Willie Stark was based on Huey Long, governor of Louisiana, such as Penn telling crowds, "They're after me because I'm one of you" (a common ploy by Long) and especially the scene of him singing "Every Man A King," which Long wrote.

However, as far as your suggestion of a remake I'd like to see, I remember the play, Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead (also a 1990 movie) which was a retelling of Hamlet from the viewpoint of those two minor characters. In the same spirit, I'd like to do a remake of Gone With the Wind from the slaves' point of view. You hear the "white folks" at their balls and parties offscreen while the camera focuses on the slaves plucking chickens and scrubbing floors and talking among themselves about their masters.

Originally Posted by rufnek
In the same spirit, I'd like to do a remake of Gone With the Wind from the slaves' point of view. You hear the "white folks" at their balls and parties offscreen while the camera focuses on the slaves plucking chickens and scrubbing floors and talking among themselves about their masers.
Somebody already wrote the book...

But I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a movie adaptation. The estate of Margaret Mitchell sued the author and publisher of The Wind Done Gone for copyright infringement. The book is now identified as a "parody" to ease the copyright battle, but it isn't a comic take on the material as the word parody has been almost exclusively used in recent years.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Somebody already wrote the book...

But I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a movie adaptation. The estate of Margaret Mitchell sued the author and publisher of The Wind Done Gone for copyright infringement. The book is now identified as a "parody" to ease the copyright battle, but it isn't a comic take on the material as the word parody has been almost exclusively used in recent years.
Well, it sounded like a good idea up the getting sued part. But hey, let's just remake Jezebel from the points of view of the ill-fated Buck and Henry Fonda's Yankee wife!

Holden Pike may hate me for this, but I'd re-imagine The Wild Bunch, kind of a mix between Extreme Prejudice, Heat, Last Man Standing and Tombstone. Hard R, super-high body count, all-star cast, great music and cinematography, the works.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I'd remake The Running Man, never has a movie with such a good idea f$%#ed up so badly

Robin Hood Prince of Theives.... I would cast Russell Crowe as Robin Hood and Keira Knightley as Maid Mariam.

Changes?

Just about everything...

I'd love to see Robin Hood Prince of Thieves remade too... but I can't even remotely picture Russell Crowe as Robin... not sure who I would pick but I think someone a little younger... and English...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Holden Pike may hate me for this, but I'd re-imagine The Wild Bunch, kind of a mix between Extreme Prejudice, Heat, Last Man Standing and Tombstone. Hard R, super-high body count, all-star cast, great music and cinematography, the works.
Heck, I hate you for that.

The film already has a high body count, great music, and great cinematography. And it's so violent it wasn't even rated R when it came out. I would hate, hate, HATE seeing a modernised version. You can't top it, and I don't know that anyone would be dumb enough to try.

lol, yeah. Keep in mind, I wouldn't, but if someone put a gun to my head, gave me a huge stack of cash and said, "remake some movies from before 1990", that would be one of them.

I would remake Serenity. I'd have Joss Whedon script it and direct it and produce it with an unlimited budget that Fox has to pay or everybody's balls get stapled to their face.

I would also make it 32 hours long, but I'd split it up into chapters. Or maybe we'll call them "episodes"

Maybe we'll call it Firefly instead of Serenity.

i heat remake movies because it don't have originality and also every one compare with older version.

Well, not always. I agree that most remakes aren't as good as the original, but sometimes remakes, or re-imaginings of a film, can be very good. An old crap movie can be redone well, but it's hard to remake an old, fantastic film.

I'd remake The Running Man, never has a movie with such a good idea f$%#ed up so badly
yea i agree with the whole running man idea they could have Jason Statham as ben richards maybe and eva mendez as amber mendez

Colour out of Time
I would remake Serenity. I'd have Joss Whedon script it and direct it and produce it with an unlimited budget that Fox has to pay or everybody's balls get stapled to their face.

I would also make it 32 hours long, but I'd split it up into chapters. Or maybe we'll call them "episodes"

Maybe we'll call it Firefly instead of Serenity.
Right On !!! ... it was a sin to scifi that FOX Committed

I also agree that a Running Man remake could be good.

For me I'd like a remake The Day of the Triffids, now don't get me wrong the 1962 movie was fantastic.

More Info

However with modern CGI techniques I'm sure these babies could be made more sinister and dangerous.

I'd shoot John Wyndham's tale similar to 28 Days Later.

I'd remake A Clockwork Orange. Kubrick's was AMAZING, but I think it'd be cool to a remake it, if only to show how we think the future of the past will look today. Maybe Jude Law would be a good Alex, or some other lanky British dude.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

I'd remake The Creeping Terror. I believe that carpeting has improved in the last 45 years, so the Monster will just be so much more real. Also, I believe that if you are not going to have any of the characters speak, we can get Morgan Freeman to explain what they are all saying. He's a lot better than that Aames Home Loan guy from the '60s.