Movies with Female voice-overs

Tools    

Someone asked me tonight if there are any films with a female voice-over. It's been bugging me ever since, I'm sure there's a really obvious one, but I can't think of it.

Can someone please name any movies with a voice-over done by an actress?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Ah, yes. Thank you, Mark. Just remembered the Coen's True Grit has one too.
True Grit was the one that I couldn't remember even though it seemed inspired by To Kill a Mockingbird but I couldn't remember what it was. Then I thought of and added Days of Heaven. I'm pretty sure I added it three to four minutes after my first response, but I didn't check back until afterward to see there were two very fast responses.

Semper Fooey
The Joan Crawfod version of Mildred Pierce.

A Letter to Three Wives

Our Town (1940) near the end

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
Ones that come to mind for me:

Juno (2007)
- "It started with a chair."

May (2002) -
"I saw someone today. A boy. You know how when you meet someone... and you think you like them? And then, the more you talk to them, you see parts that you don't like. Like that guy on the bench. And sometimes, you end up not liking any parts at all. But this boy is different. I like every part of him. Especially his hands, they're beautiful "

Memoirs of a Geisha (2005) -
"A story like mine should never be told. For my world is as forbidden as it is fragile. Without its mysteries it cannot survive."

Mean Girls (2004) -
"I know it may look like I was being like a bitch, but that's only because I was acting like a bitch. "

Tank Girl (1995) -
"Listen up, cause I'm only telling you this once. I'm not bedtime story lady, so pay attention."

I'm sure there are heaps more.

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."

I can't remember - was Bridget Jones' Diary narrated by Bridget Jones?

Adaptation has some narration by Meryl Streep.

Exit to Eden (I know... I know...) is narrated at times by Rosie O'Donnell.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day has some narration from Linda Hamilton.

She-Devil is narrated by Roseanne Barr.

Kill Bill is sometimes narrated by Uma Thurman.

Oh! Oh! What's this one I'm thinking of called... with Judi Dench... Notes on a Scandal.

Breakfast on Pluto has man posing as a woman voice over narration, I don't know if that counts.

The Disney cartoon Alice in Wonderland is semi-female narration since Alice is constantly talking out loud her thoughts.

The Blair Witch Project is almost another quasi-female narration with the Heather character.

Heh... It's Pat: The Movie. Narrated by a woman (Julia Sweeney) but who the hell knows what sex she's portraying.

OH! OH! I kept hearing some woman from a movie babbling in my head, but I couldn't figure out who she was until now... SUPERSTAR... the Saturday Night Live movie with Molly Shannon. That was narrated by her.

Also, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, but that's another one like Breakfast on Pluto.

Diary of a Mad Black Woman is narrated by the mad black woman (not Madea.)

Gosh, I seem to be an expert on female narration in movies.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding has some female narration from Nia Vardalos, I believe.

Precious is narrated sometimes by Gabourey Sidibe.

OH! OH! The Sex and the City movies. Sarah Jessica Parker.

The Telephone is a bizarre Whoopi Goldberg movie where all you really see is her talking on a telephone and then it's revealed that her phone isn't even working and thus she's been talking out loud only to us the whole time. Another quasi.

Most of these movies I own. What is with me and movies where women yak your ears off?

Semper Fooey
Didn't that Bridges of Madison County have a little of that? I don't plan to look at it again be sure.

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
Man I'm loving this thread.

Sexy Celebrity - So many! Great job with Bridget Jones, they are certainly voiced over by Bridget as she is reading from her diary. Oh and Kill Bill's! Awesome, I forgot about that one too. I own both these movies and didn't think of them.

Iroquois - Heathers! Yes! Perfect!

Here's a few more I thought of:

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (2002) - Not sure this counts, but I'm fairly certain it's voiced over by nearly all the women at different points.

Practical Magic (1998) -
"there are some things I know for certain: always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can."

Dirty Dancing (1987) - "That was the summer of 1963 - when everybody called me Baby, and it didn't occur to me to mind. That was before President Kennedy was shot, before the Beatles came, when I couldn't wait to join the Peace Corps, and I thought I'd never find a guy as great as my dad. That was the summer we went to Kellerman's."

Girl, Interrupted (1999) - "Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted."

Looking for Alibrandi (2000) - "I swear, the phone companies'd go broke if it weren't for the Italians!"

and now I'm trying to remember. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008), I know it was narrated by Brad Pitt, but was it also narrated by Cate Blanchett? I just can't quite remember.

Semper Fooey
I just stumbled across a film noir I never herd of, youtube clip, that has it, Decoy (1946). The chick is dying at the beginning and she is telling the whole story. Sure took a long time for the ambulance to get there. I don't know any of those actors including the femme fatale blonde.

Except Sheldon Leonard. I thought it was him, but he wasn't identified in the description for the clip. He is pretty young there.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
The Crow

"If the people we love are stolen from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them. Buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever." -Sarah