and those to avoid
John Tucker Must Die
Superman Returns
My Super Ex-Girlfriend
See no Evil
Invincible

I am Jack's sense of overused quote
X3 : The Last Stand?

I have to disagree. The "plot" was transparent. The acting was dreadful. The pace was appaling. The visuals were not good enough to save it. The writing was abysmal. And so on.

Little Miss Sunshine is the best movie this year so far. Hands down. It might finish as the best movie of the year, but it has a lot of comptetion coming up.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Honestly I haven't seen any movies from 2006 yet that I have found remarkable in any way.

Another good movie is ' Eight Below ', liked it very much.

Little Miss Sunshine, hands down.

I also enjoyed V for Vendetta very much.

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Honestly I haven't seen any movies from 2006 yet that I have found remarkable in any way.
Same here. I thought Little Miss Sunshine and 16 Blocks were good, but neither are "Best of The Year" material.

The Fabulous Sausage Man
The New World, though a 2005 film, was released here in the UK in January 2006. I also loved Brick.

I think the worst film of the year was X3.

Manderlay (Lars Von Trier)
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Antoine Lemonne
Another good movie is ' Eight Below ', liked it very much.
Yep.. I rate this movie pretty high. Didn't like Pirates 2 though. It was awful.

A system of cells interlinked
So far for me:

The Illusionist
The Descent
Superman Returns
V for Vendetta
A Scanner Darkly

That said, nothing has blown me away so far this year.

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, as I said, Supes didn't blow me away, really. I liked it, though.

The Descent was intense! Great film-going experience... Glad I saw it in the theater.

I haven't seen very many new movies lately. I'm very pleased to see so many people praise V for Vendetta. After watching it 5 times, it is now my favorite movie ever.

I would have to say that Clerks II is by far the best movie so far this year, which is why it tops my list. I think that it takes a lot of sack to come back after 12 years with a sequel, especially since the first was so radically different in regards to budget and visual style. There was certainly the chance of a backlash with part two, but it exceeded expectations and was totally true to the spirit of the original. Clerks II still has a lot of competition coming up, but at this time, it owns 2006.

Originally Posted by Captain Driftwood
In no particular order:

Clerks II
Little Miss Sunshine
V for Vendetta
Inside Man
Thank You For Smoking
X3 : The Last Stand
The Break Up
The Devil Wears Prada
Slither
American Dreamz
Hard Candy
Snakes on a Plane
Talladegga Nights
The Descent
Crank

and those to avoid
John Tucker Must Die
Superman Returns
My Super Ex-Girlfriend
See no Evil
Invincible

I am going to agree with you for the most part. But taking Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn over Superman. I do not understand what people did not like about Superman. The plot was not very original, but have you read a Superman comic? Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor was awesome, and the part when his sidekick couldnt find White Castle was hilarious.

Taladegga Nights was not a good movie. It had some good laughs but was not as funny as Beerfest. Beerfest was awesome.

Little Miss Sunshine was really the best movie of the year so far. Such a good cast, writing, story....

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally Posted by the-bitterness
Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor was awesome, and the part when his sidekick couldnt find White Castle was hilarious.
What the hell were you smoking, and what movie were you watching!?

I never really get a chance to catch any movies at the theatre these days. The last movie that I saw and enjoyed was Pirates 2, no where near the best, though.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Superman Returns was Syngers own take on the legend of the Man of Steel. He did it with stride and perfection, along with Spacey as Lex Luthor. Some may put it down, but those who do don't have the right frame of mind.

Originally Posted by jrs
Some may put it down, but those who do don't have the right frame of mind.
Or rather, we haven't drunk the Kool-Aid.