Superman: The Man of Steel

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Freak - Giving who the boot?

Freak - Giving who the boot?
I was saying that it was last reported that Bryan Singer probably won't be directing this one.

...uh the post is up there...

I am pretty sure he denied that rumor pretty recently, but, with him, you never know. Hopefully we don't get another Ratner in to destroy the franchise...

First of all, everybody knows that WikiPedia corrects errors... If you put in something false, they delete the article or change that information. Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself. And by the way, I didn't type the movie article myself...

Link to WikiPedia error corrections:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:About

In theory, they delete errors, but they're not perfect...not by a long shot. Especially not when it comes to rumors, which are notoriously hard to nail down.

Anyway, like I said: just read the sources cite. Some are old, and others specifically mention that the script hasn't been written. We don't really have anything firm at the moment.

Let me illustrate how you did in fact write the post at the start of this thread. You took what wiki has written and changed the wording to make it a bit different, but, in doing so, you changed the perspective and meaning of a lot of the info. For example:

Here is a sentence from your post:

"The plot of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan will be this film's related plot, where Superman will fight an alien villain."

Here is the same sentence you clearly plagiarized, and then edited, which actually has a different meaning entirely:

"According to Bryan Singer, the scope of Star Trek II:The Wrath of Kahn will be an influence of the storyline, and Superman will fight an alien villain."

Notice the conjunction "and" in the original sentence. By changing this conjunction to the word "where", you link two separate concepts into one. Singer was referencing the SCOPE of Star Trek II as an influence, which has absolutely nothing to do with plot details. Superman fighting an alien villain is a separate issue that is indeed a plot point, and yet has nothing to do with Star Trek II, at all. Again, the villain in ST II is NOT an alien. Changing the word "influence" to the word "related" also vastly alters the meaning of the sentence.

BTW - We have been on the web here at MoFo for many years, and we have seen this little editing trick before. It sticks out like a sore thumb. I find it interesting that you didn't mention the fact that you hadn't written it until the post became a point of contention.

Also, I know wiki tries to purge bad info and keep up with the encyclopedia, but it is still a publicly edited data source, and anyone can just change it right back. In other words, it isn't reliable.

Yeah, Wiki does have alot of wrong information. But, it still is working class info.

Oh sure. I mean, I use wiki from time to time, but I take it with a grain of salt. If scads of other info contradicts it (as in this case) I attempt to cross reference and correlate with sources that are a bit more direct, like say Bryan Singer in this instance. If Bryan shot the rumor down, and says he is still "in", he probably is. We won't know for sure until more time passes, but that's the safe bet at this point, as far as I am concerned.

It may be a rumor, but it does sound like a good plot to me.

I believe the only reason the new Superman movie has been delayed is Warners is trying to fast track the "JLA" movie, as well as release the new "Wonder Woman" movie and a little rumor I read said someone wants to make "Superman vs. Batman" and it would make sense to hold off and release the next Superman sequel after "S vs. B" and reap the bonanza the crazed masses well create, still hungry for more superhero flicks...

I would like to see them get an indie director for the next one. As for the Batman/Superman movie I don't see how it can be done, I mean it's so uneven, and also it would be doing the whole AVP thing where it's just one big brawl with little story. I would also like to finally see Brainiac on film.

I have to say I thought that the Superman Returns film was actually pretty good and even though it was basically a retelling of the first film with a few added ingredients it did a good job of keeping me entertained for a couple of hours.

if and when a sequel does appear lets hope they can get someone as good as singer to direct otherwise we could start heading down the route that the third installment of the spiderman franchise took which isn't good as we all know.

actually has marvel actually thought about taking the spiderman franchise away from SONY and giving it to the guys who have had input into the recent HULK and IRON MAN films which have just been outstanding????

I think that's unlikely, the spider-man franchise was viciously fought over in litigation since the early 90's. I doubt Sony would let it go easily.

I know I was just kinda hoping that fans approval would be more important than profit but hey I was just having a dumb moment

superman : the movie is one of the most hilllariously bad films i've ever seen - and superman returns isnt much better

Hilariously bad? How so? The effects? It was the 70s. We didn't have your beloved (and completely overrated) CGI then. But ya, go ahead and rag on people like Marlon Brando, Gene Hackman, et al. who are all stellar actors.

Great drama in that film, like, the entire time.

And dude, I completely get that the effects are rough at this point. Dated effects don't make a film hilariously bad. Anyway, we all know the Troll 2 is the most hilariously bad film ever! Haven't you seen the clips?

reservoir dogs circa 1881
The original film set a high standard despite what meatwadsprite says the only problem with a superman film is that he just doesnt have the interesting villain quota that other big league characters have without involving strange aliens or such so it always comes down to lex luther and kryptonite it must be really difficult for writer/directors to add anything new to the franchise while trying to keep it grounded in reality i think few minor points aside singer did pretty well keeping it believable

Brainiac, which isn't a far stetch for a movie who's lead role can withstand a barrage of bullets, and fly like a jet. He's a good, evenly matched villain for 'ol Kal-el.