Leatherheads

Tools    

You're a Genius all the time
Anyone else looking forward to this? While the trailer didn't blow me away or anything, I have enough faith in Clooney that my anticipation level is pretty high. It looks like the kind of screwball comedy that I'd tend to stay away from but Clooney is 2 for 2 as a director and something like 15 for 20 as a leading man, so I figure he's earned some slack. And I do admire him for trying something different. How many directors would gravitate towards this kind of material after working on two bonafide modern classics (in my opinion, at least)?

But Leatherheads doesn't look all that, you know, funny. It kind of comes off as Coen Brothers-lite (Stephen Root has a supporting role). And I love John Krasinski as Jim Halpert on The Office. Outside of Dunder Mifflin though - I dunno, not impressed.

Still, I'm hoping it's fun. Leatherheads is the first film of 2008 that I'm legitimately looking forward to and I'll definitely be checking it out on April 4th.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
i am looking forward to this as well. and i am not even a clooney fan. it looks so funny at least from the one preview i have seen. i know renee zwellger is in it..any other big stars in it?

Lost in never never land
I generally wouldn't be looking forward to this film, but it does look like a screwball comedy, and if it can capture the spirit of the classic Hawks and Sturges, I would be extremely happy. John Krasinski, Clooney, and Zellger are the three big names in the film.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Can someone please tell me what happened to this movie? I saw a trailer in the theater a while back and was looking forward to it. I checked the Internet today and it said the movie is "In Theaters." Well, I live in St. Louis and it never HAS BEEN in any of our theaters! I even found a countdown to its DVD release this fall. What gives???

Anyone else looking forward to this?
yes.
Still, I'm hoping it's fun.
I'm looking forward to seeing the old football helmets and uniforms.
Can someone please tell me what happened to this movie?
I don't know.
It was plastered all over the sides of city busses, and billboards, and suddenly disappeared.

I never saw it...

Apparently , no one else did either lol. Actually my brother-in-law told me last night that he saw it in St. Louis - he thinks in late March or early April in theater in a converted big ol' Shrine Temple near St. Louis U. - one of those weird kind of theaters with sofas, beer and tofu... I never did see it advertised as being in town though. Guess it was a flop. Oh well, On-Demand and DVD are right around the corner...

I reported this post. It shouldn't be up anymore because it's already been released.

Delete this post right away!!!

I reported this post. It shouldn't be up anymore because it's already been released.
Delete this post right away!!!
Calm down there little fella, surely you realize that this thread has been around for a little more than the few days you've been here yes? It's not generally common practice for the mods to delete these older threads, typically they just fall down and end up in the archives. Dig?

We don't delete threads about movies once they've been released. People can plainly see the dates on each post and put the comments in their proper context. There is no downside to leaving them up, and a fair amount of upside in letting everyone see people's anticipation for various films before they were released, as well as their reaction to the marketing and predictions as to how it might be.

Sorry
It's just the first topic on the upcoming movies page and looks like the site is out of date... Thats all

All I was trying to do is find out what happened to this movie - it was hyped in pre-release then kind of vanished. Geemanee!

All I was trying to do is find out what happened to this movie - it was hyped in pre-release then kind of vanished. Geemanee!
That's fine with me...

A system of cells interlinked
Sorry
It's just the first topic on the upcoming movies page and looks like the site is out of date... Thats all
No it doesn't. Not to anyone that understands how forums work. The topics at the top of any given thread are simply the most recently replied to threads. The thread at the top of the section can change dozens of times in a day, so trying to keep any given thread at the top is an exercise in futility.