Favorite Fight Scenes

Tools    

"Oldboy" had some great fight scenes

The Bourne Identity

Fight Club When He Was Fighting Brad Pitt But It Was Really Himself That Was Crazy.

1. Neo vs the Smiths, Matrix Reloaded

2. Brad Pitt's and Edward Norton's fight at the end of Fight Club

3.The final battle between Neo vs Smith, the Matrix Revolutions

at any given day martial arts seems more enchanting than fist fight.

Maxj

everything about jet li. i love all of his movie specially the one

I laugh hysterically each time I see Jim Carey beat himself up in Liar Liar.

In Heaven Everything Is Fine
Charlie Chaplin boxing it out in City Lights for some desperately needed money is one of my favorite fight scenes. So much was riding on that fight going in that I already had my fingers crossed before the bell even rang for the match to start. Once Chaplin and the other guy did get to throwing punches though there was a sense of urgency to the situation along with the comedy. Really great scene. The conclusion of it left me a bit bummed though. At least it all turns out okay in the end.

Originally Posted by ToBeOrNotToBe
"Oldboy" had some great fight scenes

That had to be one of the longest fight scenes I have ever seen without a cut. It is not even the best part of the movie and that is saying a lot!

My list could go on and on but a couple that stood out to me was the final fight between Steve Tung Wai(kid in Enter the Dragon) vs. Yen Shi Kwan(Jet Li's opponent in Once Upon A Time In China I) in Killer Wears White(AKA Shadow Ninja). It is a particualry brutal scene. Also Meng Hoi(Hell'z Windstaff) vs. Hwang Jang Lee(baddie in Drunken Master) in Buddha Assassinator. Lee pulls off the coolest kung fu style ever and only he could have made it work. Of course Jet Li vs. Billy Chow in Fist of Legend and a new one of my favs is Hua Yuanjia amd Master Chin in Fearless.

Can someone please tell me if there is any good martial arts or kung fu movie forums out there.

ORO
The warehouse duel from Chan's DRUNKEN MASTER II. Just awesome.

ORO

"I wanna be your clawhammer. Owwww!"

Masterful.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by BobbyB

If by great, you mean cheesy, than I agree
The hallway fight was anything but cheesy...

I saw some of Ong Bak this weekend. That had some good fights in it...

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Are you kidding? I didn't like Oldboy at all and I thought the fighting was lame. I'm sure this post will lead to more negative post ratings.

A system of cells interlinked
I almost never rate posts, especially if it's just someone's opinions. And no, I am not kidding. Why didn't you like Oldboy? Was it because those people seemed to have a different word for everything? The fighting was realistic, or more realistic than most film fighting. The sound editing for the fights was well done. I mean, you know it's not a Martial Arts film at all, right? It wasn't about the fighting...it just had a couple fights in it. Don;t go comparing it to some Jet Li film or anything... OK, I need to know why you think it's a bad film. It's a great revenge story, IMO.

Excluding old school kung fu movies, Oldboy had the longest non cut fight scene ever. It was absolutely brilliant and puts Tom Cruise's 4 or 5 moves he had to learn for one take in Last Samurai to shame. Try learning 100 moves! As far as new school movies go nothing can compete with the rawness that Oldboy showed in that long gruesome fight with the hammer. And Oldboy wasn't even a fighting movie!

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
I wasn't expecting a martial arts film, I'm NOT a Jet Li fan or anything of the kind. I just found myself bored and underwhelmed after hearing so many great things about it.

I don't know...I guess I'm just hard to please when it comes to movies. I should try and go into every movie without any opinions from anyone. Maybe I wouldn't be disappointed if I went in with no knowledge of the film.

EXP: I watched American History X without knowing who was in it, what it was about, etc. and absolutely adored it.

Though I think you are crazy for not liking Oldboy, it was pretty sick and twisted and I respect anyones opinion who didn't like it. But how didn't you like that fight scene?

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
Which fight scene? The hallway one? It was just kind of boring and I hated the way they filmed it from the side. He'd start whupping ass on all 20 of 'em, then they'd start getting him again, and then he'd get them again, etc. and it just got boring.

I liked it how he smashed a couple then got beaten down severely and then got up and smashed them all. Top 10 greatest fight scene ever.