MoFo Fantasy Baseball 2012 Trading Block

Tools    

Yeah, top five for sure. Even if he drops off. Which I doubt he will.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Hehehehe. Perhaps I am.

The basic premise of the deal--other than me having average to spare and being pretty sure I'm getting a power upgrade--is that as good as Cutch has been, I only need to ask myself what he's likely to do the rest of the way. That and making room for the guys on my bench who, by all rights, really shouldn't be on anyone's bench right now.
I dont see Albert making up the loss of swiped bags.

And so i must alert

Before PW ever got Pujols on his roster I was making offers for him. Eventually I got Albert, and before he could get on my roster Yoda was offering for him. He offered Cutch, I hesitated, but said no.

When I decided this venture the playoff race wasnt any help since the Angels and Pirates have about the same record, but that Freemans Braves had an even better record in the playoff race sealed it for me. A motivated blue chip talent is as good as it gets, and one day Freeman will be considered blue chip. As it is Freeman and Cutch both are the straws that stir their teams drink. Pujols is now amongst a few straws (Trout, Trumbo, Weaver) on the Angels, and so maybe the urgency isnt as strong for him.

Im very curious to see how it plays out.

I dont see Albert making up the loss of swiped bags.
Well, Cutch hasn't stolen a base in about two months now. Though he is walking more these days, so maybe he'll get more chances. Hard to steal when you're circling them, after all.

I think he'll probably still out-swipe Albert the rest of the way, but I'm not sure there'll be a big disparity there. But that's why they play the games, etc. Cutch is definitely the type of guy capable of just exploding for weeks on end at any point.

Just to kill the mystery...Im offering PW Jacoby Ellsbury for Allen Craig. My most brazen (or stupid) offer in a long time....

Well not only did PW say no to Ellsbury for Craig, Dex said no to Ellsbury for Trumbo, and Tim said no to Ellsbury for BJ Upton. That minor groin issue thats keeping Ellsbury at DH is major when it comes to trading him I guess.

Jacoby Ellsburys gone, and...

...Zorilla is back on The Naturals. Been trying to nudge Neal to get back in the PPR Jungle league too.

Ok Im done trading now, and I really mean it!

Something of interest. I went to finally count how many trades Id done this season, and had to chuckle when it had the "Next 25" page link. Total count was 41.

sweet 16 for me.

Looking at it again, its hilarious how the same players seemed to come and go.

My last 2 deals with Tongs is a great example.

On July 28 i traded Closer Kenley Jansen for SP James Shields and Matt Moore.

August 21 saw the pair of them return for Closer Fernando Rodney and Multi-position Bonifacio.

in between Matt Moore won 3 times, fanning 26 with a rather sweet era of 1.46 and 1.09 whip. Shields also won 3 uppen the K's to 27 albeit with a slightly higher era of 1.80 though a lower whip of .80

sweet 16 for me.

Looking at it again, its hilarious how the same players seemed to come and go.

My last 2 deals with Tongs is a great example.

On July 28 i traded Closer Kenley Jansen for SP James Shields and Matt Moore.

August 21 saw the pair of them return for Closer Fernando Rodney and Multi-position Bonifacio.

in between Matt Moore won 3 times, fanning 26 with a rather sweet era of 1.46 and 1.09 whip. Shields also won 3 uppen the K's to 27 albeit with a slightly higher era of 1.80 though a lower whip of .80
I had to get them back from you. It was just kill-ing-me they both turned it on and around right after me trading them away. AUGH! Also it was a huge motivation that you not have them. There are some obvious juggernauts in the Isotopes, Dextroyas, & Clowns, and Id rather your Destroyas be at more risk in pitching.

yeah man they were awesome. Totally got me back to respectability in the K department.

I've been reallly flukey this year which is a total 180 from last season.

Guys that were flakes before they landed on my team blossomed soon after, and studs that were exceptional for me, stumbled after they left.

Except for Dunn. man he keeps cranken em out.

So...Trade of the year..whatchu think are the nominees for the categories of :

1. In Hindsight, Insert Manager Name won convincingly.

2. Best Trade for both teams

Honestly, as big as some felt at the time, I'm looking through them now and it's amazing how much fairer most of them seem now that the season's almost done. A few candidates:

Tim got Beltre and Price for Bautista way back in April, which would've been a very strong deal for him even if Bautista hadn't gotten hurt given how well the other two ended up finishing. I got McCutchen right before he exploded for Bruce and Harper. Both the guys I sent were solid, but the timing on Cutch was pretty much perfect. And I took a gamble on Strasburg for Montero and Capps and he pitched really well, and only missed a few starts.

I think the winner is probably TONGO getting Jered Weaver for Mark Trumbo, though, since Trumbo pretty much collapsed in the second half and ended up getting released. He changed hands a few times, which makes sense because clearly he was a guy it was possible to come to very different conclusions about.

There were a lot of mega deals this year but most of them look surprisingly reasonable in hindsight. A lot of talent changed hands. I'd be hard-pressed to pick a most even deal; there'd be five or six, I think, with a good claim on that.

Yeah Trumbo was horrible for me. Of course it helped somewhat that Weaver didnt have any ridiculous shuttem down performances either like he had in the first third of the season (the start in texas the notable exception)

on the other hand i flipped Ricky Romero for Anibal Sanchez so these things happen.