THE MOFO CHILL CLUB

Tools    

I do jigsaw puzzles sometimes, too. But they're really time consuming.

I have considered getting some of these as well. I really enjoyed them when I was a kid and I think they'd be a good stress reliever now, too.
They are. I don't do those with a 1000 pieces, I'm both too impatient and I'm afraid my cat will ruin it, if I start collecting it on the table, and then come back to it later. He'll probably have pulled the pieces from each other or something.

I remember those! If they'll help with stress, I say go for it.

Those coloring sets you posted, mistique, don't look all that exciting to me. I mean, I know I'm old now, but I was always old. The young me wouldn't have cared for those.
The amount of stuff is nothing amazing, but I'm mostly digging the shape of it.

You guys ever listen to music and think "I wish I could see this." Might sound weird, but I am listening to OutKast's ATLiens and I want to see it. Maybe I should experiment with hallucinogenics.
You wish to see what the song is describing in the lyrics?

Let the night air cool you off
- Last 30 minutes of 2001
- Pierrot Le Fou
- Eraserhead
Funny man.

I'll try some:

- Blood and Black Lace
- Le Cercle Rouge
- Purple Noon
- Paprika
- Black Dynamite
- Pootie Tang (just because I think it would look hilarious on a crayon)
- Porco Rosso
- Blood Simple.

You know? Stuff like this, except with more imagination than I have.

You wish to see what the song is describing in the lyrics?
No, more like experiencing with my eyes what I am experiencing with my ears. I think it would be fascinating.

It seems like that link Swan posted describes what I wish to achieve, but it's too complicated for my turd brain.

I have heard of what Swan mentioned.....

I actually have a book on hand that I think would help me understand it better. An Oliver Sacks book. I think... IT MIGHT... talk about it. I'm not really sure.

But I don't see how sounds could have an image counterpart. Unless you just imagine it. Then it's just something only you would experience, I imagine. To me, the sounds should be all about the sounds.

No, more like experiencing with my eyes what I am experiencing with my ears. I think it would be fascinating.
You could turn it into an art project. Romare Bearden used jazz to inspire a lot of his work.

http://www.metmuseum.org/metmedia/in...walk-the-block

I have heard of what Swan mentioned.....

I actually have a book on hand that I think would help me understand it better. An Oliver Sacks book. I think... IT MIGHT... talk about it. I'm not really sure.

But I don't see how sounds could have an image counterpart. Unless you just imagine it. Then it's just something only you would experience, I imagine. To me, the sounds should be all about the sounds.
I wasn't considering any of the logistics behind it, just an urge to somehow expand the experience because of how much I was enjoying it.

Sometimes I imagine the sounds something beautiful would make. For instance, I look at Salvador Dali paintings and try to figure out which genre of music it would fit into if it was somehow adapted.

If you're already thinking like that, then I think you already have the condition Swan was talking about (I know the word, I just hate typing it out).

Basically, you want to take drugs because you believe the experience will really make it come to life. And -- it probably would under the right drug.

If you're already thinking like that, then I think you already have the condition Swan was talking about (I know the word, I just hate typing it out).
I don't actually get the experience though, just the longing for it.

Basically, you want to take drugs because you believe the experience will really make it come to life. And -- it probably would under the right drug.
Don't tempt me.

I used to experience music being made up real easily in my head when I was stoned on marijuana. I could hear it in my ears -- the sounds, the lyrics, everything. It would just flow and flow and flow. It felt like I was a musician or a famous composer. Haven't had that kind of experience without pot.

I used to experience music being made up real easily in my head when I was stoned on marijuana. I could hear it in my ears -- the sounds, the lyrics, everything. It would just flow and flow and flow. It felt like I was a musician or a famous composer. Haven't had that kind of experience without pot.
I've never tried pot, but I am considering more than ever now. I'll probably not act on it though. I'll most likely never achieve that experience, but it's fine with me.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Hello my MoFos. I feel I should bid you all a little adieu just now. I have my colonoscopy tomorrow and am just about to take my laxatives in a while. As a result this evening I imagine I will be...otherwise indisposed shall we say. Then tomorrow I've got the actual procedure and the sedation can apparently leave you feeling a bit loopy and out of it for a day or two depending on your reaction. So I may be offline for a 2-3 days depending on how it goes

Keep your fingers crossed that I come through it ok. It's not so much that I'm bothered about dying, I'd just rather not die with a tube up with arse!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I've never tried pot, but I am considering more than ever now. I'll probably not act on it though. I'll most likely never achieve that experience, but it's fine with me.
If you do, only take a puff or two.. Test it out first, some stuff is stronger than others.

Can someone identify a film ending for me please. It involves a cop chasing down a criminal to the end of a misty pier and shooting him with a giant harpoon gun - spinning him to the wall of a shed. Could be a 90's film.