80's? animated movie where creatures turn red when they're mad

Tools    

It's an older movie, likely in the 80's or even 70's where the creatures turn red when they're mad or when a battle is about to begin. It's an animated movie, or cartoon - not a young kids cartoon though.

edit 1 - definitely before 1990. It could have been a Japanese cartoon? The only thing I recall is a mass of cartoon creatures getting ready to battle on one side and they were angry and turning red, the others were blue. Not sure if that helps, but that's all I got.

Do you remember style of animated movie? Perhaps it is French animated movie entitled Gandahar (1987) ?

It is a very common motif in Japanese cartoons for characters to have a colored "aura" when they fight. These auras can come in lots of different colors, but often bad guys are red, and good guys are blue. The aura often gets stronger or weaker as they are winning or losing the fight.

Wasn't Ralph Gandahar, and wasn't Bakshi's wizards either. It's very likely a Japanese cartoon but not sure - still digging.

And maybe "Saibogu 009: Kaijû senso" (1967) ?
Cyborg 009 and his team are re-united to fight the latest menace from the Black Ghost. Before they can tackle their foe the team must overcome an army of monsters sent to stop them, including giant jellyfish, and treacherous cyborgs.

I got answer from other user:
Could it be Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)? The Ohms’ eyes turn red and they kind of go berserk, but it’s not their whole bodies and they don’t fight each other, they attack humans.

Can you describe what the creatures looked like at all or how big they were?
"Wizards" is similar too. Are you sure that it isn't ?

Thanks but that's not it. I can't describe the creatures, in fact they were more like things or living vehicles maybe or space creatures or something.

That sounds like the Ohmu in Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.

It is long shot and it's newer, but maybe?
Les enfants de la pluie (2003)
The Pyross and the Hydross are have been at war for as long as they can remember. The Pyross, who worship the sun, water brings only death and desolation, whereas the Hydross must always stay protected from heat, which petrifies them.
There are red and blue creatures and they are enemies.