[NEW THING] Clubs

Tools    

We've discussed "can we add X?" a few times earlier in the thread; answer's always: sure, if someone steps up to curate them.
I would certainly be willing to curate either Kubrick or Linklater, or both.

We've discussed "can we add X?" a few times earlier in the thread; answer's always: sure, if someone steps up to curate them.
What does curating a club consist of? Because if its something simple I probably will do ot for the ones I suggested

Just a thought, might have been mentioned already. If not, it may be an idea no one likes at all, which is cool.

I noticed the Verhoeven threads are showing up for me even though I'm not in the club. This is totally fine, but, what if the threads for directors, if posted on the club page (or whatever), only showed up for members? Might make it feel more special and exclusive, and would be like a subscription button.

Again, totally cool if it's a dumb idea. I'm full of those.

I think that was spoken about and we all agreed that it's better when everyone sees them
That way, it sort of advertises for the Clubs and gets more people to notice.

What does curating a club consist of? Because if its something simple I probably will do ot for the ones I suggested
Right now, very little: just tagging threads (there'll be a little option under Tools) related to the director. A bunch at first to set things up, then just remembering to tag new ones as new topics or films come out associated with them.

A few Curators have gone above and beyond and started organizing little scheduled weeks to watch films and discuss them, and obviously, the more you wanna do, the better. But technically, just the thread thing is enough to get us started.

@Swan:

I think that was spoken about and we all agreed that it's better when everyone sees them
That way, it sort of advertises for the Clubs and gets more people to notice.
Yeah, did come up earlier, and this is what we settled on. Mostly because I don't want to fall into the trap of thinking just accumulating club members means they're useful/successful, so I'm thinking more of that than I am just trying to compel membership for its own sake. Always glad to hear ideas, though.

I would really like to curate a club and do the threads and schedule little events like Rodent and Sean are doing, but I need to figure out someone who will get enough members.

I would really like to curate a club and do the threads and schedule little events like Rodent and Sean are doing, but I need to figure out someone who will get enough members.
Uwe Boll

Actually, you'd probably get a few. People on the web do like to rag on bad movies.

Frank Darabont?

What about Spielberg, @Swan?
Spielberg would be awesome... though it does seem a little intimidating.

Spielberg would be awesome... though it does seem a little intimidating.
No way dude. You should take it, Coens too. You like the Coens?

Have a gander at my Verhoeven thread... I did a whole bio and filmography for him.
Most of it was taken from Wiki... but the filmography is something even IMDb would be proud of

No way dude. You should take it, Coens too. You like the Coens?
I do like The Coens, definitely, but I haven't thought about their work as much as someone like you. In other words, it'd feel weird curating them when there are people who are much more into their work.

Anyway, I'm going to do some thinking on who I should curate. I'll come up with some potentials, and see what you guys have to say. Thanks y'all.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Uwe Boll

Actually, you'd probably get a few. People on the web do like to rag on bad movies.
Lol. I'd be in for that tool. Actually I don't really mind him but I wanted to smack him in the teeth for selling out to Peta

You should defo do SteSpie, Swan.

What about McTiernan?
Die Hard 1 & 3, Pred, Last Action Hero.

Plus, he's not done like 9000 movies so it's be pretty simple to curate too.

You should defo do SteSpie, Swan.

What about McTiernan?
Die Hard 1 & 3, Pred, Last Action Hero.

Plus, he's not done like 9000 movies so it's be pretty simple to curate too.
Haven't seen enough of his movies to be honest, and I think it would be cool do someone I'm really passionate about, you know? Same thing with the Coens. Have you thought about curating McTiernan?

I thought about McT... But I'm really only a fan of Pred and his Die Hard movies.
The rest of his stuff is great, but not what I'd call "favourites".