Top ten videogames of all time

Tools    

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
Please post YOUR favorites, not what some jerk from Gamepro wants.
In that case, there is already a thread for that (the link has been posted above). If you want to post your favorites, you should probably post it there. That's certainly where you'll find mine.

The accusations fly
[quote=ObiWanShinobi]If this sinks to the bottom of the forum graveyard I'll know that this isn't an important thread to have, but I might as well give it a go.

10. Crazy Taxi

Damn--you really nailed it right on the head--I agree with more than half of the games you picked and it's only that because I haven't played all of them. check this out SPAM Removed

well heres my list.

10)
The Sims(PC)
Whole lotta depth into this very great and creative title. While living life in a game may sound boring it definitly isn't with having to raise children to worrying about a career this game and alot more is just great all around.

9)
Twisted Metal II(playstation)
imroves on the original in almost everyway. better graphics, better car, better stories and better controles also with the addition of co-op its just a blast to play and even with the last two awesome twisted metal games(Black and Head on) this will never get old.

8)
Super Mario World(Super Nintendo)
one of the first games I have memories of playing. my older brothers got Super Nintendo and this came with it and i had great memories of playing as both mario and luigi through this long fun and challenging classic game.

7)
Mortal Kombat II(Super Nintendo)
Just like super mario world, one of the first games ever played. And just like Twisted Metal II it improves on the original Mortal kombat in so many ways. more characters, moves and arenas. great for any fan of fighting games

6)
Grand Theft Auto III(Playstation 2)
I actually liked the old GTAs for playstation but i new they were just for fun and this series could never become great or classic. man was i wrong. GTA III completely changed the whole series. its was now 3rd with a cast of voice actors and a good story line and just fun to roam around the streets. while th enewer ones are more fun to play now they werent nearly as revolutionary as GTA III

5)
Resident Evil (playstation)
The first game to actually scare the crap outta me and basicly invented the horror survival game genre. with many sequels and a remake this is definitly the best

4)
Final Fantasy X(playstation 2)
Out of all the final fantasy's this one IMO had the best characters and story line. this was the first great RPG for the PS2 and really showed off the graphical capabilities for the PS2. very long and challenging but its worth it.

3)
Goldeneye(Nintendo 64)
With out a doubt the best film to game ever made. first great console shooter with both single and multi player which were a blast. while it looks inferior to the standards of todays console shooters it paved the way back in 1996 when it was first released

2)
The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time(Nintendo 64)
This is one of the only games i think are truley perfect. We see link like we have never before. in full 3D with this lengthy intresting adventure. The story line is great filled with tons of humorous characters but also retains a serious side. the only thing is this seems like to be marketed to younger children but the difficulty is definitly not for younger kids.
1)
Metal Gear Solid 2(playstation 2)
Not only the greatest stealth based game but IMO the greatest game ever. while some people say the first metal gear solid was better but this added what I think was a much better story line, and a change of main character. the gameplay is much more fun in this then was in the first. now you could look in first person view and alot more interactivity with the environments. some people complaine that there are too many cutscenes which take away from the gameplay however its just the opposite. the great story which is told in amazing cutscenes with superb graphics add you into the game and feel for the characters. I only wish you could control snake a little more than the first couple of scenes of the game.

District B13
Urge Over Kill, thank you for your compliments, that flash was pretty good for real flash. I absoultely love Crazy Taxi.

Now, on to (how ironic) The Taxi Driver. Your choices are ok by my standards, I especially dig your courage for choosing MGS2: SOL and saying how you liked the character change. That took balls, and while I disagree with the choice I approve of your testicles

Don't get me wrong I like Snake better than Raiden as a character. but in terms of actually playing the game i like Raiden because he is more acrobatic and fun to use but Snake could possible be my favorite character from any video game

District B13
The Taxi Driver, you actually represent logic in the gaming community.

"I don't care if he has long blonde hair or if he's supposedly a whimp, I like his gameplay style, like a real gamer should."

Brilliantly put, if I wasn't so snobbish about the rep system then I would totally give you some.

You, like, deserve a medal for your comments.

[quote=UrgeOverkill]
Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
If this sinks to the bottom of the forum graveyard I'll know that this isn't an important thread to have, but I might as well give it a go.

10. Crazy Taxi

Damn--you really nailed it right on the head--I agree with more than half of the games you picked and it's only that because I haven't played all of them. check this out SPAM Removed
Cool link Urge---I like to imagine people I hate in the backseat-or at least strongly dislike---- but yeah, cool

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I was thinking it would be pretty cool if we made a top 100 MOFO videogames list...I just don't know how many gamers are out here

Mario Kart has to be on the list. Forgetting the modern rubbishy ones that are full of gimmicks, I'm on about the original SNES version...
And the SNES version of Zelda too. Top game...

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
My ten would be:
1. Tecmo Super Bowl (NES)
2. Super Mario 3 (NES)
3. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega)
4. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Gameboy)
5. Pitfall 3D (PS)
6. Guitar Hero 2 (PS2)
7. Guitar Hero (PS2)
8. Vigilante 8 (PS)
9. Kangaroo (Atari)
10. Pacman (various)

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Based purely on time spent by me playing them, my list would look something like.

10. Final Fantasy 10
9. Halo Combat Evolved
8. Final Fantasy 8
7. Grand Theft Auto 1
6. Streets of Rage
5. Sonic the Hedgehog
4. Zelda (Super Nintendo)
3. Elder Scrolls-Oblivion
2. Metal Gear Solid
1. Goldeneye-N64 ( The time challenges kept me going, like beating Archives in like 55 secs on 00 difficulty, virtually impossible)

We've gone on holiday by mistake
1)
Metal Gear Solid 2(playstation 2)
Not only the greatest stealth based game but IMO the greatest game ever. while some people say the first metal gear solid was better but this added what I think was a much better story line, and a change of main character. the gameplay is much more fun in this then was in the first. now you could look in first person view and alot more interactivity with the environments. some people complaine that there are too many cutscenes which take away from the gameplay however its just the opposite. the great story which is told in amazing cutscenes with superb graphics add you into the game and feel for the characters. I only wish you could control snake a little more than the first couple of scenes of the game.

Surprised by this. I felt MGS2 was a major letdown. Not even playing with Snake for most of the game. Too much time spent in the chat window talking to the Colonel.

Ok, ok...

10 Black - PS2
9 Killzone - PS2
8 Theme Park - SNES and PS2 versions
7 Original TETRIS - Original Gameboy
6 Gran Turismo - PS1
5 Original Tomb Raider - PS1 original version
4 ZELDA - SNES version
3 Wipeout - PS1 version
2 Original Mario Kart - SNES
1 Gran Turismo 3 - PS2

I have yet to find any modern game that can give the same level of actual enjoyment...

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Tough call.

Let me try.

1. Tie Fighter Collectors CD
2. Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father
3. Heroes Quest - before it became Quest for Glory
4. Red Dead Redemption
5. Doom II
6. Warcraft 3
7. Mass Effect
8. Civilization II
9. Baldur's Gate
10. Oblivion

Now, what do I win for having the best list you've ever seen?

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201