Leaving Las Vegas
9.09%
1 votes
8MM
9.09%
1 votes
Snake Eyes
11 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Nic Cage's best performance is in none of the films in that poll, although I do have a soft spot for Snake Eyes. In The Rock, I think he gave what was far and away his best performance, doing a science geek routine that should be and usually is annoying, but gives a helpful dosage of random euphemisms and humor that it becomes a pretty entertaining showing.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I really enjoyed Cage in Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans where he was perhaps over-the-top but it seemed to fit well with the character and the plot. Just when you thought he took it too far, he did something almost brilliant to make up for it. This happened several times. It was like watching Man on Wire with guns blazing and cocaine snorting.

Can't stand Leaving Las Vegas.

8MM is okay but I need to see it again.

Snake Eyes... Cage is no better than usual, the plot's not that good, but it might be De Palma's most camera-centric film. What did you expect me to vote for?

Acting-wise, I'd rate Knowing and Kick Ass higher than any of these. Maybe Bad Lieutenant too.

Out of those films, Leaving Las Vegas. The wonderful Elisabeth Shue, and Nic Cage's best ever acting. Didn't like 8MM and although I somewhat enjoyed Snake Eyes I wouldn't watch it again.

Does nobody even like him in Raising Arizona? That was the first movie I saw him in (and I was like only 4 years old.)

Oooh, how I wanted him to kidnap me.

He never impressed me, but Raising Arizona was a good one.

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
Leaving Las Vegas, but if it were Nicolas Cage in general, Face/Off would be the choice for me.

I always love to watch him in good movies not in cage

Urgh! Cage! I've never been a fan of his. Sure he's created some great films, but his acting and urgh!

The Wicker Man. Need I say more?

Cage is perfectly cast in Vampire's Kiss as the manic yuppie who loses his mind after a night of passion with a vampy femme fatale. Very funny stuff. Poor old Maria Conchita Alonso. She has a really hard time in that flick.

Other Cage faves include Red Rock West, a decent little tongue-in-cheek noir; Herzog's Bad Lieutenant for pretty much the same reasons Mark outlined above, and of course the Cohens' Raising Arizona.

If you want to see him at his most outlandishly unrestrained though; I say check out Kiss Of Death in which he plays a pumped-up heavy called Junior.

I don't mind the Cagester at all. He's made a lot of crap recently, but plenty of his films are very entertaining.

Whilst a lot of his films aren't exactly well received by audiences or critics I don't feel that is a criticism on Cage himself. Most of his films aren't that serious, or he's cast in his character because he does what he needs to do well. For example one of my favourite of his films is Con Air, I can understand why people wont like this film because its incredibly ridiculous and cheesy as well but it intends to be this, a not so serious fun action film and Cage fulfils his role well. Raising Arizona is possibly my favourite film that I've seen him in although I want to see both Adaptation. and Face/Off.

Easily 'Leaving Las Vegas.' He was surprisingly brilliant. I thought he deserved the Oscar that year for Best Actor, though Massimo Troisi in 'Il Postino' was excellent too.

Edgar Allan Poe

Most people i know hate him, not sure why. I though he was good in Knowing and National Treasure

I'm not old, you're just 12.
The crazier he gets in movies, the more I like him.

Raising Arizona is the best, but I also loved Face/Off, The Rock, Wild at Heart (Cage and David Lynch? Craziness), and lord help me, Con Air. I also kinda loved Drive Angry for being the epitome of modern Nic Cage lunacy. But in a good way.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Why wasn't Adaptation. on the poll? Great movie, great performances. Nic Cage nails both roles with a different feel for each.