Most interesting actor to watch onscreen

Tools    

District B13
Originally Posted by m0dern_pr0phet
There will never be another actor like Christopher Walken.

I would like to disagree, but I can't.

Christopher Walken perfects every single role he is in.

He's simply the best.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by Misirlou
Bruce Willis never ceases to amaze me with that look he does
You know? I really really agree with you. When given great material, Bruce Willis just OWNS.

Pulp Fiction, 12 Monkeys, Sin City...He's just dead cool.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

So many good movies, so little time.

I just The Stranger on the Third Floor (1940) which many people say is the first film noir. I really enjoyed it and Peter Lorre is always fun to watch.

M, Casablanca, Arsenic and Old Lace and The Maltese Falcon are 4 great movies where he steals the scene whenever he is on camera.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Al Pacino
Chad Michael Murray
Brad Pitt
Robert De Niro
Hugh Jackman

I might get flamed for this, but I think Jude Law is an absolutely incredible actor. It's a shame, his personal life and his status as an uber-celebrity totally overshadow the work he's done.

People think he's a just a pretty face. But take his roles like MacGuire from Road To Perdition: yellow teeth, rough skin, long fingernails, balding. he was truly creepy and he held his own with Paul Newman and Tom Hanks. MacGuire is one of my favorite villains ever.

Daniel Day-Lewis is another one. Let me just say that Bill The Butcher IS my favorite villain of all-time.

What about Terrence Howard? I think he's incredible on screen.

Anthony Hopkins
Al Pacino
Robert Deniro
Peter Lorre
Jude Law
Ralph Feinnes
Johnny Depp
Humphery Bogart

----------

Audrey Hepburn
Jodie Foster
Meryl Streep
Ingrid Bergman
Bette Davis
Katharine Hepburn
Hilary Swank

James Stewart has always been a personal favorite of mine and I have yet to see a film of his where he was anything less than great. He just has that every man feel to him, which makes everything he does more real and alive. It also helped that he teamed up with Hitchcock every so often to put together a masterpiece.

Two that come immediately to mind are-
Anthony Perkins:

Though he never really had the opportunity to do much with his career, I can't help but be enchanted by the guy every time he appears on screen. Most notably, for me, in Catch-22 (1970). But I think Orson Welles' interesting attempt at an adaptation of The Trial (1962) shows how his appeal can carry an entire film.

And the other one that comes immediately to mind, don't ask me why, as this seems as arbitrary to me as I'm sure it will to anyone who reads it, is Mark Lester. Not in general, he didn't really act much, but just in Carol Reeds' Oliver! (1968).

I mean, he's absolutely mesmerizing. You can not, for one moment, take your eyes off of him.
I was at times absolutely baffled at the emotions his basic likeness brought out in me. I didn't know if I wanted to adopt this kid or marry him or what.

Of course, I agree with a few of the ones already posted as well. These are just my own two cents, I guess.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by TygerTyger
Anthony Perkins:

Great choice on Perkins, especially in The Trial.

Welcome to MoFo.

In the Beginning...
I'd have to say William H. Macy. Not only does he seem to just fall into the characters he plays, but he always looks like he's having great fun playing a role. I've never seen him play a dull or unbelievable character.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by TygerTyger
...And the other one that comes immediately to mind, don't ask me why, as this seems as arbitrary to me as I'm sure it will to anyone who reads it, is Mark Lester. Not in general, he didn't really act much, but just in Carol Reeds' Oliver! (1968).
it's all opinion and arbitrary, I'd say... except that that kid is strangely gorgeous. There's no debating that.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
it's all opinion and arbitrary, I'd say... except that that kid is strangely gorgeous. There's no debating that.
I don't know... he kind of reminds me of this scene from the movie Village of the Damned...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by darkhorse
I don't know... he kind of reminds me of this scene from the movie Village of the Damned...

ha!! Ok, I can see where that would mitigate your response to the other kid.

Benico Del Toro, Johnny Depp, Charlize Theron, Nicolas Cage and Michael Keaton (I really like Michael Keaton)

District B13
Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins

"I look good. I mean really good... Hey, everyone! Come and see how good I look!"
Bleh, horrible movie, horrible performance. Worst SNL graduate since Horatio Sanz.

Originally Posted by ObiWanShinobi
Bleh, horrible movie, horrible performance. Worst SNL graduate since Horatio Sanz.
Yeah, no idea who Horatio Sanz is. But Anchorman's definitely Ferrell's best film in my mind.

Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
You know? I really really agree with you. When given great material, Bruce Willis just OWNS.

Pulp Fiction, 12 Monkeys, Sin City...He's just dead cool.
Mickey Rourke outcooled Bruce in Sin City.
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.