Yoo-who! Are there movie review guidelines????

Tools    

....yeah, er, just wanted to see if it was okay to review an older movie on the site. (Most reviews look new on here.)--I didn't see a "sticky note" with guidelines on the forum, so I just wanted to check before I got started.

What are the do's and don'ts of movie reviews for posting?

Thanks for your help, y'all!

Yes. The fee is 5 US dollars per review... Payable to a one Mr. Powdered Water, location Unknown.

Seriously though any and all reviews usually go in This area of the forum.

If you only plan to do one then just start a thread with the movie title in it, so Yoda will notice it and pin it to your profile. If you plan on doing several reviews then by all means start up an Edenvegan review thread.

You want to post like me?
Yeah all you have to do is place your review(s) in the appropriate forum (Movie Reviews). If you plan on making your reviews very short, people usually post such reviews in the Movie Tab thread.
Other than that, just follow the site rules; no cursing etc.
Welcome to MoFo.

Aye, all good advice so far. Better to keep threads (or reviews in your own review thread) to a decent length, and shorter notices in the Movie Tab II thread.

Not a whole lot more to it than that. Have at it.

Thanks fellas, but what about the popcorn ratings?--How do I do that one?

Lemme try....

It works!! Cool beans--thank you.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I only have one piece of advice for writing reviews. When it comes to people sending you criticism (positive OR negative), take it in stride and build from it. Don't take it personal, we're just trying to help you out.

Good luck!
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Call me crazy but I remember seeing a page where you can see the user reviews per user. Like, you click on their name and see all their reviews. Every time I click on user's names I am taken to their profile page.

Was there ever a page to see every review on the user review page per user, instead of alphabetical and ALL?

If so, I'm really blind in seeing it.

Suspect's Reviews

There was something in user profiles way back in the day. I'll see if it still exists, though even if it does, I want to rework it.

The User Reviews area is definitely going to see some big upgrades. It's at nearly 1,200 reviews now, so it's going to need a lot of new features; better profile integration, searching and (better) sorting, rating displays, etc. It's definitely the next in line for a reworking out of all the site areas.

....yeah, er, just wanted to see if it was okay to review an older movie on the site. (Most reviews look new on here.)--I didn't see a "sticky note" with guidelines on the forum, so I just wanted to check before I got started.

What are the do's and don'ts of movie reviews for posting?

Thanks for your help, y'all!
I don't have enough posts yet to post a link to the online magazine I write for. I sometimes write an article entitled "Day Old Movie" playing off day old bagel where I review films that have been in theaters for a while.