Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tools    

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
I really hope they include Lex Luthor's back story where he hates Superman because Superman made him bald.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I've never seen a Jessie Eisenberg movie so I can't say whether he'll be a good Luthor or not but the movie's script seems like a much bigger problem to me. Even with a perfect cast the movie is going to have to juggle introducing a new Batman, have Batman fight Superman without getting a building dropped on his head in the first few seconds, have Bats and Supes team later on to take down Lex Luthor, introduce Wonder Woman and maybe have cameos for other Justice League members all within two to two and a half hours. I would have been pretty doubtful Snyder and co. could pull all that off before seeing Man of Steel but after seeing it? I think the best we can hope for is that WB manage to avoid a Spiderman 3 or Fantastic Four level disaster.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I'm not as worried about the casting as I am the script. Lets all be frank here, Man of Steel's script was very poor. Heavy-handed,idiotic and at times downright offensive. This film is going to have to cram Bruce Wayne,Lex Luthor,Wonder Woman into it all while setting up for the Justice League at the same time. I'm not sure how they'll do it, but they have to be very economic and precise. I hope they even borrow a few elements from the Burton Batman films, such as an atmospheric,seedy Gotham City.
Couldn't agree more. DC have cocked the whole thing up big time. As I've said many times I'm basically indifferent to B vs S movie. Just don't care after the mess that was Man Of ****.

I have no problem with Eisenberg, it seems they want a new take on Luthor & they have earned my curiosity.
I am guessing they might be going for a Zuckerbergish evil genius.

My only issue is that I think this film is getting a bit crowded... I wont be surprised if they reveal more DC heroes being cast.. Why not just make a JLA film instead.
I have never enjoyed stories with Superman going against Batman, always found them pretentious.

Man of Steel didn't impress me enough to be excited about this. But what the heck, I am going to watch it anyway.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I have no problem with Eisenberg, it seems they want a new take on Luthor & they have earned my curiosity.
I am guessing they might be going for a Zuckerbergish evil genius.

My only issue is that I think this film is getting a bit crowded... I wont be surprised if they reveal more DC heroes being cast.. Why not just make a JLA film instead.
I have never enjoyed stories with Superman going against Batman, always found them pretentious.

Man of Steel didn't impress me enough to be excited about this. But what the heck, I am going to watch it anyway.
They were originally going to make a Justice League (I hate the added, "of America," thing, always bothered me. However, they decided against it because they didn't think that they were going to have enough time, and/or wanted a movie to help develop one or two characters. While I think that the movie should be entertaining, there's no denying that it's rushed. They are at least showing some inspiration, I think, with a lot of thinks, like there being a Batman suit used that we've never seen before in a movie, but it feels more about getting to where Marvel is now, then anything.

What made the Marvel Cinematic Universe work is that they took their time on it. They made a movie for The Incredible Hulk, (and it's basically a sequel to Hulk, although, since everything is already in-motion) one for Captain America, one for Thor, and only then, did they actually make The Avengers. DC made a Man of Steel movie, then, they made Batman & Superman (featuring a mess of characters), which will apparently lead up to Justice League. I would have made a second Man of Steel movie so they could iron out the kinks, then an individual movie with The Flash and Wonder Woman. A Batman movie isn't necessary because he's beloved in the public-eye and Green Lantern basically had a "The Incredible Hulk" movie, that doesn't really mean much of anything.

2015: Man of Steel 2: Steel Harder
2016: Wonder Woman: The First Justice Leaguer & The Flash: Let's Get This Over Quick!
2017: World's Finest (Batman & Superman Movie)
2018: Justice League

That would be my plan.

What's pathetic is that inspite of having a treasure of storylines to adapt from, DC movies still manage to end up as crap.

Look at Man of Steel, it seemed like they were desperately trying to be original.
Green Lantern had a wrong tone, terrible lead casting & a very predictable story, even for those who weren't familiar with the comics.

Marvel is sticking to its comic roots. Adapting storylines that could work cinematically.

I think Green Lantern has the best scope for DC movies, seeing how Thor Dark World did well, GL's cosmic stories could be a blessing for moviegoers.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
Eh,you need to understand something,DC is like little kid in this whole story...They can cry all they want but WB can do whatever they want.DC is in really bad position when it comes to movie universe,they can't do **** without WB...I always wanted DC to own their studio (like Marvel).I know DC can do it because they are beating Marvel in every other part,they showed it with Animated series and video games,they have two most popular comics(Superman and Batman) so I think DC can become as good as Marvel with movie universe but main thing on their way is WB,that is what I think.Do you really think DC would make crappy story with all their comic book stories?I don't think DC is making bad movies as you say,far from that,DC is making good movies but they need to step up to get closer to Marvel.The Dark Knight trilogy is better than any series in Marvel universe(for me),The Green Lantern was not bad at all,it was not good it was just mediocre movie,I didn't find it horrible as some people are saying,if SvB and JL become good movies that will be awesome and new universe would be created.I want DC to have their own studio and say bye bye to WB.This is how I see it,this is WB:No.1 Money then ten places nothing then quality,while DC is like this No.1 Money=Quality.

EDIT:Is there anyone who won't watch this movie?

I'm most likely going to pass on Bats vs. Supes. After MOS the only DC movie I plan on seeing is the JL movie.
WOW,never understand things like this but yea ok,your choice,I mean why would you miss BvS movie?

2015: Man of Steel 2: Steel Harder
2016: Wonder Woman: The First Justice Leaguer & The Flash: Let's Get This Over Quick!
2017: World's Finest (Batman & Superman Movie)
2018: Justice League

That would be my plan.
I think if the people at DC were thinking this would be the best way to progress into Justice League but with the misstep of Superman Returns they are now trying to catch up to Marvel that seemed to have caught fire since Iron Man 1

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
WOW,never understand things like this but yea ok,your choice,I mean why would you miss BvS movie?
The main reason I'm not interested in any Justice League setup movies is that Warner Bros. are trying to cram way too much into their movies in an attempt to catch up with Marvel. MOS had enough material to make at least two movies with, if not three and that was a standalone movie featuring just one hero and his origin story. B.v.S. is going to have at least three heroes-two of which are new so that's two more origin stories to slog through-, a new villain, and feature setup the JL movie in some way or other. I'm hoping by the time the Justice League movie is out WB will have worked out the kinks out of their movies and take things a bit slower but Bats vs. Supes seems like an inevitable disaster to me.

The main reason I'm not interested in any Justice League setup movies is that Warner Bros. are trying to cram way too much into their movies in an attempt to catch up with Marvel. MOS had enough material to make at least two movies with, if not three and that was a standalone movie featuring just one hero and his origin story. B.v.S. is going to have at least three heroes-two of which are new so that's two more origin stories to slog through-, a new villain, and feature setup the JL movie in some way or other. I'm hoping by the time the Justice League movie is out WB will have worked out the kinks out of their movies and take things a bit slower but Bats vs. Supes seems like an inevitable disaster to me.
I don't see it as a disaster first of all,they have one more year to correct if they made some bad decisions,second it is BvS...But it is kinda stupid to skip movie like BvS,I mean everyone should watch that...It is Batman vs Superman,peeople are w8ing so long for this and you want to skip it?

Batman can't win. That'd be ridiculous. I smell a draw of sorts, though.
I think this is the best guess.... I think they will both get the better of eachother at some points but itll be a classic case of teaming up and becoming friends at the end.

I won't be surprised if they are just using Batman vs Superman title as a disguise, they are probably making a Justice League film.

I always found this B vs S idea a bit ridiculous. The world's finest idea is better.
I mean you can't have these 2 guys fighting each other, it's very obvious they would argue for like 5 minutes of the film & end up as buddies once again, not really a versus concept is it?

I won't be surprised if they are just using Batman vs Superman title as a disguise, they are probably making a Justice League film.

I always found this B vs S idea a bit ridiculous. The world's finest idea is better.
I mean you can't have these 2 guys fighting each other, it's very obvious they would argue for like 5 minutes of the film & end up as buddies once again, not really a versus concept is it?
How do you figure once again? It seems more likely that they'd be meeting for the first time here, and they would easily come to fists if that were true, just based on how much Batman doesn't trust Superman at first.

What I see this movie as, is basically Justice League War, with different villains and less hero's. We'll see if that's actually a bad thing or not.

Batman doesn't trust anyone, doesn't give him a reason to come to fists.
Does Superman do anything to piss him off? Then it makes sense. Otherwise I don't see the logic why they would come to fists on their first meet just cause Bats has trust issues.

I remember a B vs S movie in plans for a long time, the earlier idea was that Batman decides to go bonkers to avenge his dead lover and Superman decides to intervene. This plot makes more sense. But then again, we know they would hardly fight each other and later team up..
Now I have no idea what Snyder has in mind with the plot, I am just curious to know whether this is the final title.

Seth Green... on why Affleck is a mistake...

“If this movie is meant to be the idealistic alien, humans before all else Superman, and this is supposed to be the grizzled weathered Batman who’s been living in Gotham, fighting crime himself for 10 years, you need a guy who’s older. You need a guy who’s got more weight. You need a guy that a Henry Cavill Superman is gonna be actually scared of.

You have to remember that Batman is just a dude. He’s got no powers. So the fact that Superman is scared of him says something about the gravitas he carries. And it’s not just because he’s willing to kill. It’s because he’s scary.

Yes, but there is only so much you can act a role before people are or are not going to believe you in that role. I’m never going to play a MMA fighter, because I’d step into the ring with an actual MMA fighter like Batista, and I wouldn’t look correct, so there is a physicality of it.”

Well I think he will do a good Bruce,with Batman it is different,with Batman its all about psychological fear,when he gets in that suit/armor he is a different guy,you don't see Ben when he is in that suit that is the point,Bruce is not Bruce he is Batman.People don't fear Bruce they fear Batman they fear the dark.It is stupid to say " You need a guy who’s got more weight. You need a guy that a Henry Cavill Superman is gonna be actually scared of." because as I said it is not Bruce its Batman,you don't need actor who will strike fear by his looks,he wears a mask,its all about personality and none of us know can he pull that.Also this "And it’s not just because he’s willing to kill. It’s because he’s scary." after I read that,I didn't care what this guy is talking because he obviously dosen't know what he is talking about.One more time,you won't see Ben once Batman steps in,you will see only his acting personality.