Last bad movie you watched with great premise that needs a good remake

Tools    

It was an abortion.
Not every abortion is bad But yeah, the movie had great potential and it seemed like the filmmaker gave up half way through, and Luc Besson has a great record, especially with sci-fi.

Gangster Squad (2013) was atrocious.

We got some of that story line in Mulholland Falls (1997) and LA Confidential (1997), so I was excited when a movie was being made that focused on "The Hat Squad".

Or the unfortunately titled Mob City, which was great, could just be released on DVD.

Welcome to the human race...
For me, it's that it leaned a little too hard into the "dudebro" side of things, which trickled down into everything from the poor characterisation to the bad sense of humour to the weak action. I could sort of appreciate it in terms of some of its visual trickery, but that made the weakness of the actual content stand out even more to me.

for.me it was average just average could have had a much bigger scope to work with, i mean a person that has that much intelligence u can imagine what the director could have done with the material
There are a lot (and I do mean a LOT) of problems with Lucy, but a lack of scope is not one of them.

All four Transformer movies.

It's not really that bad - tho' I don't think it have a really great premise too - at least interesting one.
I'm only think It could be better if it's not directed by kudoukan himself

For me, it's that it leaned a little too hard into the "dudebro" side of things, which trickled down into everything from the poor characterisation to the bad sense of humour to the weak action. I could sort of appreciate it in terms of some of its visual trickery, but that made the weakness of the actual content stand out even more to me.
No offense but but somewhat weak action and you not liking the target audience or the movies world view hardly makes a movie bad.

Birth of a nation. An abomination.
Actually that should be the full title.

Very similar to The Night Of with a phenomenal cast (William Hurt, Signorny Weaver, Christopher Plummer, Morgan Freeman, James Woods) that should likely be remade. It's very scattered genre wise part of it's paranoid thriller romantic social issue dramedy. I think it would actually work better as a Airplane! esque farce

Watched recently this one just because my favourite Lisa Kudrow is in the cast.

Eyewitness

Very similar to The Night Of with a phenomenal cast (William Hurt, Signorny Weaver, Christopher Plummer, Morgan Freeman, James Woods) that should likely be remade. It's very scattered genre wise part of it's paranoid thriller romantic social issue dramedy. I think it would actually work better as a Airplane! esque farce

Welcome to the human race...
No offense but but somewhat weak action and you not liking the target audience or the movies world view hardly makes a movie bad.
But Crank is supposed to be an action movie - if the action itself isn't good, then that undermines the film as a whole. Also, I never said anything about the target audience, I was responding to filmmaking choices that reflected a certain juvenile mindset that I could not find agreeable or even interestingly disagreeable. I know very well how useless it is to hate a movie simply because of its audience.

The Thing (2010).

Was meant to be a prequel... but just ended up more of a remake.

I'd love there to be a proper prequel that actually has continuity to it... as in, a prequel that doesn't change the history of the original movie.
Would have to be all in Norwegian as well, and not have Little Miss Sequels (Winstead) in it, and definitely not have a handful of Americans in it as well to try to appeal to a wider audience.

A Thing prequel will need one thing... a re-enactment of some of the found-footage that was seen in the original film... the rest, can be a totally original and new story, and not some shot-for-shot remake that the 2010 movie ended up as.
I mean, hell, the 2010 movie even had dialogue lifted directly from Carpenter's movie

Failing that... take elements of the book that were unused.
- In the book, there were 37 characters... so there's masses of characters that can be utilised.
- In the book, the team of Americans go into the ship to try and thaw the ship out but accidentally blow the thing up.
In the book, it is unanimously decided, as a group, that they should destroy their vehicles and isolate themselves until they figure out how to stop/kill the intruder.
- In the book, The Thing is also telepathic... not only able to read minds, but also influence others into doing its bidding... which, retroactively, would add another depth to Carpenter's movie.
- In Carpenter's movie, they go around in small groups, and at times even go around the base alone... but in the book they end up deciding unanimously that they ALL need to stick together at all times... and have to take shifts sleeping.

Etc.

There's a plethora of unused ideas in the book that could be utilised to make a prequel.
Also, "Who Goes There?" is a perfect title as well for it

another movie that requires a remake indeed