The PPR Jungle

Tools    

I was thinking about working a trade for my TONGO team, but there are no areas in my starting lineup that needs improving. Feels strange...

well, I made Javon Ringer a Free Agent just for you.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Dexual Healing has reached an accord with Team Hannamahs.

I'll be sending RB Michael Turner to Vince in exchange for WR Calvin Johnson.

Trading away a very good wideout in a PPR league for an aging RB that rarely catches the ball. Vince sounds like a sucker. Who else does he have on his team?

I dont know about that PW. Having a strong strong RB on your PPR team is a huge benefit. Yoda wouldnt have won the league last year if he didnt have MJD. No Im not plugging my guy but just saying Turner is the goods. Last year he had a groin pull he kept secret but this season he should be exceptional. His overall #'s should equal Maegatrons.

It was the first thing i noticed when i assumed control of Whatevershescallenherselftodays team.

I had 3 "bigtime" RB's in Turner, MJD and A. Bradshaw, while Vince was loaded @ WR with Roddy White and Calvin.

Turner is a TD machine in that offense, but yeah isnt known for catching the ball, so he was the best candidate of the 3 to be offered from my standpoint.

Its a rare occasion we both dealt from strength while filling a need. I'm tickled pink tbph.

I then sent ex Steeler Santonio Holmes off to Yoda in exchange for RB depth, and possible PPR wonderkind Reggie Bush.

With that deal, i'll either end up looken like a tard or a genius methinks.

I would take Johnson over Turner anyday in PPR.

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
I chose to take on Turner because he is a workhorse and my other RBs were Mike Tolbert and DeAngelo Williams. I'd say it was a fair trade on both sides. He got a top tier receiver, and I got a running back in a league short on stars for that position. Having Roddy White already in my stable, along with Jeremy Maclin also helped me to make my decision.

Week 1 Predictions This is the 2nd version as my computer crashed right when I was about done with the first one. Each is short cause Im disgusted and pissed.

&feature=related

TONGO (me) Vs Favre From Over (Sleezy)

I have Philip Rivers, Vincent Jackson, Reggie Wayne, Owen Daniels, and Felix "I can catch a ball" Jones. Plus Cedric Benson just escaped from prison! TONGO wins. Why?! Because Im the 2010 PPR Jungle Champions! WaaHoooo!!!

Out Of Bubblegum (Powdered Water) Vs Angry Gnomes (Halfangel)

Gnomes Marques Colston is a crapshoot as is her QB Mark Sanchez. PWs roster looks tighter, and Adrian Peterson wont save the Gnomes as the SD Defense is stingy. Out Of Bubblegum wraps up the Gnomes.

The Spudenators (Spudracer) Vs Team Hannahmals (Voneil7)

Spud is due. According to Yahoo this week he has a 20 point advantage over Baby Hannah. I agree. Mr Potato Head scares off baby Hannah

Zeppelins (Mack) VS Dexual Healing (Dexter Riley)

To those that dont know Dexter he likes to trade and has completed 2 trades before seasons start. Megatron, DeSean, and Bradshaw should net big #'s to pull him ahead Dexual Healing trades away any chance of Mack winning

IronHorse (Joshua) Vs 11 Angry Men (Yoda)

If I had to pick a better roster it would have to be Yodas as Ryan Matthews hasnt performed even to Knowshon Moreno level standards. The other 2 RBs are the best in our league- Chris Johnson & Frank Gore. Yodas 11 AMs QB Big Ben vs an Ed Reed equppied Ravens D = IronHorse win in the upset special of the week! If you knew how many leagues Yoda has won Josh youd know why I call this an upset special.

Devastators (Fred) Vs Super Pigeon (Elliott)

2 friends from my high school years and week 1 they meet. Both teams have their strengths, but advantage here goes to the Pigeon. Foster is without fullback Vonta Leach fromn last year (Hes with the Ravenjs), and I feel Leach is the reason for Fosters amazing rookie year. Foster may not even play snnday. Pigeon lays some super droppings on Devastators shoulder

Mean Machine (rauldc14) Vs Colts Of Doom (7thSon)

I would like to pick the Doomcolts, but without Peyton they may win, but not by alot. 7th as always going all in with the Indy squad will be his undoing Mean Machine win in ugly fashion.

and thats that. !

Well, that was almost entertaining....

I had a much deeper analysis written out, and was literally almost done. I went to hit the Delete button to correct an error, ............and I got this p.o.s. new keyboard that has a computer shutdown button right underneath the Delete button. I accidentally hit that abomination of a button, and watched my computer shut down before my eyes in rapid fashion. I didnt spaz as the shock was too sudden.

Then I typed that crap up there in 10 minutes and went to bed.

I had a much deeper analysis written out, and was literally almost done. I went to hit the Delete button to correct an error, ............and I got this p.o.s. new keyboard that has a computer shutdown button right underneath the Delete button. I accidentally hit that abomination of a button, and watched my computer shut down before my eyes in rapid fashion. I didnt spaz as the shock was too sudden.

Then I typed that crap up there in 10 minutes and went to bed.
do you have the model Matthew Broderick was rocken in 83'?

You have a computer shutdown button on your keyboard? And it doesn't ask you to confirm or anything when you hit it?
Exactly! Its a G.E. with no model name even.

General Electric is a brand name i think. Granted they are known more for the kitchen appliances, but then again i once bought a black and decker coffee machine for a gift.

i get the feeling there are a handful of plants where everything is actually manufactured and at the end of the line a bazillion stickers are adhesed to brand it depending on the marketplace.

Not only have I never heard of a computer with that kind of button...I can't even comprehend any modern manufacturer not having some kind of confirmation if you hit it. Even closing windows with unsaved documents in the simplest of programs prompts you to confirm. That's crazy. I would buy a cheap keyboard immediately. Hell, I've got extras. That button is insane.

Not only have I never heard of a computer with that kind of button...I can't even comprehend any modern manufacturer not having some kind of confirmation if you hit it. Even closing windows with unsaved documents in the simplest of programs prompts you to confirm. That's crazy. I would buy a cheap keyboard immediately. Hell, I've got extras. That button is insane.
Yeah the problem is I did buy a cheap keyboard. I will be getting a new one for sure, and will pay $50 to avoid this happening again.

Just so we can keep more new people involved I sent a PM request to Dustin/rauldc14 asking if PWs wife can take over his team.

what..after the season has started?

thats weird.

The good folks behind the league tv show oughtta mine the ppr jungle for plotlines.

speaking of which..has the 1st episode of season 3 aired yet stateside? We gettem up here on a bit of a delay (FX channel isnt offered in our cable package)

I called in and spoke to an ESPN radio show host on the FFB hour yesterday. I was too late in the rotation and he was cool enough to answer my question off-air after the show (I know to start Harvin/Armedola now). He was also touting that FFB tv show The League. Im very interested in checking it out.