The Pujols Poll

Tools    

Why isnt Albert Pujols hitting?!
0%
0 votes
Its a slump. He'll come out of it.
33.33%
1 votes
Pitching is better in the American league.
66.67%
2 votes
Other.
3 votes. You may not vote on this poll

So far one of the biggest surprises in baseball this year.......

Albert Pujols has managed to do something hed never accomplished before, a brutal slump. 9 Runs, No Homers, 5 RBIs, and a .194 AVG So whats the reason for it?
Imo its the pitching is superior in the American league. Yeah the Phillies, and now the Nationals have gotten a name for their great arms, but Albert was too strong for too long in the National League. What would be a better measurement stick than Albert Pujols when comparing pitching?!
There has to be something hes got to change in his swing to recover, imo. Jose Bautista played a long time for everyone, but when he changed the timing his swing that more than anything made him emerge. I dont think its a slump, and if hes waiting to come out of one instead of going to the drawing board, well I dont see him coming out of this anytime soon.

Other. Pitching probably is better, but he's had monster interleague numbers, so that can't be it. He's getting older, last year was probably the worst year of his career, and he's in a new league.

And yeah, it's a slump. But he's probably gonna be more like 30/100/.300 instead of 40/120/.330 from here on out.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
He was bombing the ball in spring training. I don't think it has anything to do with the pitching; most of the team's offense has been out of sync. I expect it to change for the better anytime now.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I say other too. Yes, he is in a slump, but I don't expect the huge numbers that he's put up for most of his career. He may even have a tough time managing last year's numbers, which as Yoda said was his worst season thus far.