The Watch Dogs Graphical Debate

Tools    

I know there's a video games tab and all, but I wanted to focus on this topic and see what people think about it. If you are a fan, or are in any way involved with all the complaints, I want to hear what you think. I am of course involved because I have a gaming/movie fan page, and I'm hoping that I can find some place where a difference of opinion like my own might be found. So, any thoughts for anyone. Before anything is said, please look at this link: http://gamingbolt.com/watch_dogs-on-...never-happened

Was just reading about this the other day. I can see why people thought there was a downgrade, and to some extent there is in the already-mentioned sense that they demo these things on rigs your average player just isn't going to have.

But my philosophy on this stuff is always: we'll see. I hate that people flip out in reaction to whatever happens to trickle out pre-release. It's the worst aspect of Internet culture.

It's a great looking game, and I expect it to come down to earth a little when I play. I'll just wait to see how much. It's not an unreasonable thing to be annoyed by if it happens, and it's entirely reasonable to think there's a good chance it will happen, since there's just so much going on in those early demos. But it hasn't happened yet.

Also, beware anyone else: the link above is laden with ads and huge GIFs, so it's really laggy.

I will give you that the link is very laggy but it's the only one I could find with that comparison. One point I'd like to mention before I forget, is that people seem to forget we are dealing with Ubisoft here. The same guys who created Assassin's Creed. They are practically famous for pre-rendered trailers. Assassin's Creed games have never looked as good as their first trailers, so I don't see why this would be any different.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Footage of PC gameplay goes public, people coo. Footage of console gameplay goes public, people boo. Simples.

Now, if the PC graphics end up anything like the PS4's people would have a legitimate gripe... My old PC (which I thought was too slow) could hold its own, spec-wise, with the new console generation and the new one is significantly better when going on what's been released so far (AC4 and Thief mainly - I can do 1080p 60fps on high graphics settings).

The Watch Dogs dev PC is bound to be much more powerful than my new one.