Should Mel Gibson work again?

Tools    

Yeah Locke was actually the first movie i saw him in. Though the movie is so-so,you need some serious talent to be able to in the car alone for the entire movie and still make it interesting

He said some things about gays that got him in trouble, and he certainly isnt the first person to comment or bitch about jews in hollywood. Now I dont mean to sound like Archie Bunker but Mel Gibson is from Australia. Now Hit Girl can pummel me publicly for saying this if Im wrong, but most australian men are veeeery chauvanistic and act tough i.e. talk bad about gays. Thats just the way they are, it doesnt mean theyre evil. You know what I mean?
thats interesting,and ive heard the same thing several times. I remember wacthing home & away (long running australian daytimesoap) and there was a character there that was gay but they had to "change her back" after a few episodes because there was such an uproar about it. which surprised me cos australians seemed so laidback to me up untill that point. and if thats what hes got imprintet in his head his whole childhood theres no wonder it comes creeping back at times.like when you sh!tfaced drunk.

Absolutely!! If not as an actor then most definately directing something, the films hes directed are just superb... We need another foriegn language epic from him if you ask me 🏻

Mel Gibson Calls ‘Batman v Superman’ a ‘Piece of S–t’

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” has another vocal detractor: Mel Gibson.

“It’s a piece of s***,” the 60-year-old director told Deadline at the Venice Film Festival. “I’m not interested in the stuff. Do you know what the difference between real superheroes and comic-book superheroes is? Real superheroes didn’t wear spandex. So I don’t know. Spandex must cost a lot.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news...IdJ?li=BBnb7Kz

Welcome back Mel!

Welcome to the human race...
Hell, The Passion of the Christ is a better superhero movie than BvS. At least it had a heroic sacrifice that made sense.

My response in these situations is always the same: criticize all you want. But "criticism" is not a synonym for "wild, incendiary conjecture without substantiation."

As long as he promises not to make a "Passion of the Christ II" and maybe finds a way to make a second "Payback", sure.

I have a lot to say about him. So I'm gonna say it. As Christians (we both are), we forgive each other. So, what exactly did he do? As far as I know, he really has alcohol problems, I heard he beats women, but read otherwise here, and of course there's that anti-semitic "Jews are responsible for every war in history" thing. Now I'm not even gonna commence debating on that, because I might get in trouble myself. (I'm not anti-semitic, that's ridiculous, I have Jewish blood myself, which I'm proud of. Even though I know that's not a guarentee. I really can't believe I'll get in trouble because it was Sartre who said "Any American is either Jewish, anti-semitic, or both!" Bobby Fisher is a fine example, at least publicaly.)

So, as far as Jews go, not only I forgive him, I'd also rather not comment on that at all, except I heard WW2 wasn't actualy kicked off by the nazis (not first hand, don't get me wrong, there's just one thing I can stand less, and I won't name it because it's movie-related) but by Jewish capital from the USA. Disastrously, some people need war because weapons are by far the greatest industry in history. They simply make use of peoples hating each other (the French and Germans, the English and Germans, the russians and Germans etc). Germany was flourishing economicaly in the 30s. How come? Like I said, I heard, I'm not claiming anything, it was the US Jewish capital. Of course, the capital was in the hands of few, so, even if it's true, it's ridiculous to connect it to an entire nation.

Gee - I guess that sums that up!?! Get better with your health, Beatle.
Thanks, Mark. Just in case, you weren't mocking me? As if I'm unhealthy, so I write stuff like this? If not, this is my reply to you:

and thanks.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
... I think it would've been 100% better without Tom Hardy. He has no charisma at all, and I'm nearly convinced that he doesn't know how to talk properly.
Strange, I haven't seen his Max, but, I genuinely find him to be an exceptional actor. With Hollywood popularity comes the great responsibility of being in every big budget little substance film the studios put in front of you. See his quality work and judge for yourself. Like it or not, he is a major A-list star and you will see more of him.

... he carries the entirety of the movie Locke
I also really enjoyed The Drop and Legend. Great actor. He has that unique walk and set of body movements you can't miss.

As for Mel, I didn't think he stepped back because he couldn't get work. I don't really care about his personal life, just like I don't care about Kim and Kanye. The difference being, that I would actually make time and watch what Mel was peddling.

Welcome to the human race...
Strange, I haven't seen his Max, but, I genuinely find him to be an exceptional actor. With Hollywood popularity comes the great responsibility of being in every big budget little substance film the studios put in front of you. See his quality work and judge for yourself. Like it or not, he is a major A-list star and you will see more of him.
I've seen several Hardy performances and would gladly defend his work in Fury Road as much as I would Bronson or Locke. Max has always been a less-is-more character whose outward expressions of his inner life tend to be limited to physical tics and minimal words - in that regard, Hardy imbues the character with considerable weight despite the character's deliberately limited modes of expression. I wouldn't presume that Fury Road deserves to be lumped in with the likes of Jurassic World or Terminator Genisys simply by virtue of being a soft reboot - it's so much more than just a "big budget little substance film" (which is a phrase that could just as easily be applied to The Revenant - hell, I'd say that it'd be even easier).

I've seen several Hardy performances and would gladly defend his work in Fury Road as much as I would Bronson or Locke.
I'll probably check out Bronson, before I check out the "soft reboot". I'm also not interested in musicals, so, I'll probably never get to London Road.

i will never watch a woody allen movie
i will never watch roman polanski movie.
i will never watch bill cosby in anything again.
I respect the opinion, but, it's not as simple for everyone.

I can't take back seeing all the Cosby stuff, he was just always there and it was all great family entertainment.

I was never into Allen, so that won't be a problem, though, I do plan on one day seeing the Bananas DVD I got as a gift, about 10 years ago.

I still have a few of Polanski's messes to take in.

It's more about seeing the hyped up history on film, than about homage to these dodoes. If their work turns out to be genius on film, then I'm only punishing myself by not watching.

Youre damn right he should work again. Have any of you seen Blood Father? He gave one of the best performances of 2016.