Quote of the Day

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
This quote's been my day all over.

"I may live badly, but at least I don't have to work to do it." - The hitch-hiker in Slacker

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
This one is dedicated to.... Austruck

"He who is tired of Weird Al, is tired of life"- Homer Simpson, That 90's Show

"get your rat out" anon

Acting is the most minor of gifts and not a very high-class way to earn a living. After all, Shirley Temple could do it at the age of four.

Katharine Hepburn

Colour out of Time
Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley

(30th August 1797 - 1st February 1851)
British Author and early feminist

In 1816 Mary, her husband poet Percy Shelley, Lord Byron and his physician John Polidori (originated modern Vampire fiction) were summering near Lake Geneva in Switzerland. It was a stormy summers night and Byron dared all those present to conjure a story of horror ...

Mary conceived of an idea that should warm the cockles of all MoFo'ers

Frankenstein, the Modern Prometheus.

"I saw the pale student of unhallowed arts kneeling beside the thing he had put together. I saw the hideous phantasm of a man stretched out, and then, on the working of some powerful engine, show signs of life, and stir with an uneasy, half vital motion. Frightful must it be; for supremely frightful would be the effect of any human endeavour to mock the stupendous mechanism of the Creator of the world"

“It is hardly surprising that women concentrate on the way they look instead of what was in their minds since not much has been put in their minds to begin with”

“My spirits were elevated by the enchanting appearance of nature; the past was blotted from my memory, the present was tranquil, and the future gilded by bright rays of hope and anticipations of joy.”

“My dreams were all my own; I accounted for them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed - my dearest pleasure when free.”

“We are tomorrow's past.”

“Taught from infancy that beauty is woman's sceptre, the mind shapes itself to the body, and roaming round its gilt cage, only seeks to adorn its prison.”

“It is justice, not charity, that is wanting in the world.”

“Invention, it must be humbly admitted, does not consist of creating out of void, but out of chaos”

“The same energy of character which renders a man a daring villain would have rendered him useful in society, had that society been well organized.”

“If the abstract rights of man will bear discussion and explanation, those of women, by a parity of reasoning, will not shrink from the same test: though a different opinion prevails in this country.”

“Every political good carried to the extreme must be productive of evil.”

Here is Wiki

I am half agony, half hope.
"After the verb 'to Love,' 'to Help' is the most beautiful verb in the world."

~Bertha von Suttner

Johann von Goethe

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"Men don't get smarter when they grow older. They just lose their hair."

- Claudette Colbert

Dachshunds Fear Me
"I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image." Stephen Hawking

George: Arthur.

The salvation of mankind lies only in
making everything the concern of all.

~ Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn ~

If you look around and think the world is
missing something, it is probably the gift
you were supposed to be bringing.

~ Julie Cuccia Watts ~

I try to avoid looking forward or backward,
and try to keep looking upward.

~ Charlotte Bronte ~

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

"I've often wanted to drown my troubles, but I can't get my wife to go swimming."

~Jimmy Carter

Colour out of Time
3 Days to Go ... Feeling a bit trippy, a bit spacey ... a bit Surreal

Salvador Dalí
Salvador Domingo Felipe Jacinto Dalí i Domènech
1st Marquis of Púbol
11th May 1904 - 23rd January 1989
Spanish Surrealist
Collaborated with Walt Disney in Destino and Alfred Hitchcock in Spellbound

“Each morning when I awake, I experience again a supreme pleasure-that of being Salvador Dali”

“I don't do drugs, I am drugs”

“Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic”

“There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad.”

“There are some days when I think I'm going to die from an overdose of satisfaction.”

“Surrealism is destructive, but it destroys only what it considers to be shackles limiting our vision.”

“Let my enemies devour each other.”

“I shall be so brief that I have already finished”

“Happy is he who causes a scandal”

“At the age of six I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since.”

“It is good taste, and good taste alone, that possesses the power to sterilize and is always the first handicap to any creative functioning”

“I do not paint a portrait to look like the subject, rather does the person grow to look like his portrait.”

“The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot”

“The difference between false memories and true ones is the same as for jewels: it is always the false ones that look the most real, the most brilliant.”

“What is a television apparatus to man, who has only to shut his eyes to see the most inaccessible regions of the seen and the never seen, who has only to imagine in order to pierce through walls and cause all the planetary Baghdads of his dreams to rise from the dust”

“Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.”

“In order to acquire a growing and lasting respect in society, it is a good thing, if you possess great talent, to give, early in your youth, a very hard kick to the right shin of the society that you love. After that, be a snob.”

“I seated ugliness on my knee, and almost immediately grew tired of it.”

“This grandiose tragedy that we call modern art.”

“Democratic societies are unfit for the publication of such thunderous revelations as I am in the habit of making.”

“When I was five years old I saw an insect that had been eaten by ants and of which nothing remained except the shell. Through the holes in its anatomy one could see the sky. Every time I wish to attain purity I look at the sky through flesh.”

“Progressive art can assist people to learn not only about the objective forces at work in the society in which they live, but also about the intensely social character of their interior lives. Ultimately, it can propel people toward social emancipation.”

“Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad.”

“I am not strange, I am just not normal.”

If man doesn't learn to treat the oceans and the
rain forest with respect, man will become extinct.

Without the oceans there would be no life on Earth.

I don't believe in blaming inanimate objects for anything.

Writing is sweat and drudgery most of the time. And you have
to love it in order to endure the solitude and the discipline.

You're gonna need a bigger boat.
(Brody ~ Jaws)

~ Peter Benchley ~
(May 8, 1940 – February 11, 2006)

Happy Birthday

Dachshunds Fear Me
"Baloney is flattery laid on so thick it cannot be true, and blarney is flattery so thin we love it."

"Hearing nuns' confessions is like being stoned to death with popcorn."

"Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius."

Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen, b. May 8, 1895

Welcome to the human race...
"It is one of the superstitions of the human mind to have imagined that virginity could be a virtue.

- Voltaire

I'm in a Voltaire kind of mood, if that makes sense.

It's certainly a virtue to not be born an "unvirgin". Where does that get you? Maybe I missed Voltaire's logic. I mean, I don't expect a virgin to have all the answers. I just believe that he/she is pure enough to NOT have all the answers. Besides, most of the answers suck! (Don't get me started.)

OK, I get that too NOW. Virtue, as in virginity, implies innocence which may be taken advantage of, but that's what parents are for. I'm sorry, but my 17-year-old daughter Sarah would allow me to be the first one to toot her innocence (and virginity) -- I still have a tough time getting her to quote lines with four-letter words in them, yet she adores Richard Pryor Live in Concert. I believe I'm a halfway decent parent.

*Off-Topic BS* Sorry.