Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

I'm on your side when it comes to understanding the very important and clear difference between his position and the position of Muslim extremists. Don't worry about that.

I would never be enthusiastic to vote for someone who would like to FUND conversion therapies, though. The government should have no business with that kind of stuff.
Agreed, I want the government out of the morality business.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Agreed, I want the government out of the morality business.
I wish people wouldn't just say what they think they are supposed to say. As if there were only two sides. Political correctness makes me sick.

Democrats sue Trump for alleged voter intimidation in four states

WASHINGTON, Oct 31 (Reuters) - Democratic Party officials sued Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump in four battleground states on Monday, seeking to shut down a poll-watching effort they said was designed to harass minority voters in the Nov. 8 election.

In lawsuits filed in federal courts in Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona and Ohio, Democrats argued that Trump and Republican Party officials were mounting a "campaign of vigilante voter intimidation" that violated the 1965 Voting Rights Act and an 1871 law aimed at the Ku Klux Klan.

"Trump has sought to advance his campaign's goal of 'voter suppression' by using the loudest microphone in the nation to implore his supporters to engage in unlawful intimidation," the Ohio Democratic Party wrote in a legal filing. Similar language was used in the other lawsuits.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...Txy?li=BBnb7Kz

Not sure I get it - Trump asking people to look out for voter fraud is "intimidating" minorities into voting for him or not voting for Hillary?
How does that work?

What if the people "looking out for voter fraud" are citizens who are also ethnic minorities?
Will the people looking out for voter fraud be standing at poll entrances armed with baseball bats, carrying nooses and wearing white pillow cases on their heads?

Not sure I get it - Trump asking people to look out for voter fraud is "intimidating" minorities into voting for him or not voting for Hillary?
How does that work?

What if the people "looking out for voter fraud" are citizens who are also ethnic minorities?
Will the people looking out for voter fraud be standing at poll entrances armed with baseball bats, carrying nooses and wearing white pillow cases on their heads?
Youre completely misreading what they meant.

His tactics were the same as the klu klux clans. Hes imploring voters to engage in unlawful intimidation. His idea of voter fraud is making sure the blacks dont vote, thats why theyre suing him.

Youre completely misreading what they meant.

His tactics were the same as the klu klux clans. Hes imploring voters to engage in unlawful intimidation. His idea of voter fraud is making sure the blacks dont vote, thats why theyre suing him.
And how is he intimidating blacks to not vote? What is he telling his supporters to do that would stop American citizens from voting?

Is he going to have a groups standing at the polls armed with baseball bats (as with the last election where the Black Panthers showed up at certain voting places armed with blunt objects telling people if they didn't vote for Obama they'd bash their heads in)?

All the article said was that Trump was calling on people (no race designated) to look out for voter fraud. What is the evidence that he is unlawfully intimidating minorities?

And how is he intimidating blacks to not vote? What is he telling his supporters to do that would stop American citizens from voting?

Is he going to have a groups standing at the polls armed with baseball bats (as with the last election where the Black Panthers showed up at certain voting places armed with blunt objects telling people if they didn't vote for Obama they'd bash their heads in)?

All the article said was that Trump was calling on people (no race designated) to look out for voter fraud. What is the evidence that he is unlawfully intimidating minorities?
There must be enough evidence to sue him in 4 different states. This doesnt happen because somebody says to "watch out for voter fraud"
I havent heard that Black Panther story, no I doubt the Black Panthers are gonna be rooting for Hillary.

PLUS! BECAUSE CELEBRITIES KNOW BEST!!

Bryan Cranston Says He Will Move to Canada if Donald Trump Becomes President

The 'Breaking Bad' star is the latest Hollywood celebrity — joining 'Girls' creator and star Lena Dunham, Chelsea Handler and Barbra Streisand — to claim they would leave the U.S. if the GOP presidential candidate wins the election.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...esident-942423

Now I think most of these people are pretty cool, but if we could be rid of Barbara Streisand?! Well....maybe I can live without those other 3 after all.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Reference the Black Panther case, knock yourself out and read this and this here. Same old babbling that didn't prove anything concerning one side or another.

Reference the Black Panther case, knock yourself out and read this and this here. Same old babbling that didn't prove anything concerning one side or another.
2 people outside a Philly voting booth?! A total of 2 people?!

Trump is accused of unlawful voter intimidation in 4 states! damn

There must be enough evidence to sue him in 4 different states. This doesnt happen because somebody says to "watch out for voter fraud"
I havent heard that Black Panther story, no I doubt the Black Panthers are gonna be rooting for Hillary.
I'd have no problem believing it if there was evidence. But I read the article and all it said was that Trump was unlawfully intimidating people by talking about voter fraud at his rallies. If they have evidence why write an article but not mention that there is evidence or what the evidence is?

The left has a beautiful way of spinning anything to racism

The left has a beautiful way of spinning anything to racism
Not only that, but Trumps being programmed to be a Russian mole

Spy told FBI Russia wants to cultivate Trump: report

A veteran spy for a Western nation who specialized in Russian counterintelligence says he warned the FBI Moscow is trying to manipulate Donald Trump, according to a new report.

The ex-intelligence officer said he discovered "sufficiently serious" information worth sharing with the agency in July, Mother Jones said Monday.

"Russian regime has been cultivating, supporting and assisting Trump for at least five years," a memo he sent to FBI then says.

"Aim, endorsed by [Russian leader Vladimir] Putin, has been to encourage splits and divisions in Western alliance," the message adds.

"[Trump] and his inner circle have accepted a regular flow of intelligence from the Kremlin, including on his Democratic and other political rivals."

The spy's memo concludes Russian intelligence "compromised" Trump during his multiple visits to Moscow and could "blackmail him" if necessary.

They had also compiled a dossier on Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton based on "bugged conversations she had on various visits to Russia and intercepted phone calls."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ort/ar-AAjFpXp

What Happens to the Markets if Donald Trump Wins?

Assume, for a moment, that Donald J. Trump wins the presidency.

Some readers of this column will shudder at the thought and might even stop reading now. Others in the business world will beam, like Peter Thiel, the Silicon Valley entrepreneur.

But what exactly happens the day after? To markets? To the economy?

The conventional wisdom is that, right off the bat, the stock market would fall precipitously. Simon Johnson, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology economist, posited that Mr. Trump’s presidency would “likely cause the stock market to crash and plunge the world into recession.” He predicted that Mr. Trump’s “anti-trade policies would cause a sharp slowdown, much like the British are experiencing” after their vote to exit the European Union.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/marke...pHJ?li=BBnb7Kz

This is the portrait of Donald Trump that his charity bought for $20,000

In 2007, Donald Trump bought a six foot-tall portrait of himself at a fundraiser auction, and paid with $20,000 from his namesake charity, the Donald J. Trump Foundation.

Now, at last, we can see what he got for his money.

On Tuesday, artist Michael Israel -- the "speed painter" who painted the portrait of Trump -- released the first public photos of the portrait. Israel painted the piece in just five or six frenetic minutes, during a charity gala at Trump's own Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Fla.

Afterward, Israel auctioned the portrait off. Trump's wife Melania won the auction, with a bid of $10,000. Then the auctioneer convinced her to double it. Half of the proceeds went to Israel, the painter, and half went to the charity that hosted the event, then called the Children's Place at Home Safe. The charity is now called HomeSafe. It helps children and families harmed by domestic violence.

When a check came, however, it wasn't Trump or his wife who actually paid for the painting. Instead, it was Trump's charity -- which, even by that time, was largely filled with money from other donors, and not from Trump himself.

Tax experts say that if Trump hung the painting up at one of his homes or businesses, he may have violated laws against "self-dealing." Those laws prohibit charity leaders from using money from their nonprofits to buy things for themselves, or for their businesses.

In recent weeks, The Washington Post has reported other instances in which Trump may have violated those rules. He used $258,000 from the foundation to pay off legal settlements that involved his for-profit businesses. He spent $12,000 from the charity's coffers to buy a football helmet signed by then-Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow.

And he spent $10,000 to buy another portrait of himself in 2014. In that case, Trump paid $10,000 for the portrait. It was later found hanging on the wall of a sports bar at Trump's Doral golf resort. A spokesman for Trump, Boris Epshteyn, said later that Trump's business was actually just "storing" the portrait, on the charity's behalf. Tax experts said that does not cut it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...BX9?li=BBnb7Kz

With Trump the US is finally converging to Latin America. Trump will adopt many of the same polities LA countries adopted. Including import substitution industrialization, xenophobia, massive government deficits by cutting taxes without cutting expenditures.

Argentina used to a rich country back in the day. Then they converged back to Latin America. Maybe the US is taking longer to converge back to Mexican levels of development because of it's big size but with Trump they are following Argentina's footsteps. Well at least they will solve the problem of illegal immigration because nobody will want to move to the US.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke

"Many states allow campaigns and political parties to monitor balloting, although they often face restrictions. In Pennsylvania, for example, poll watchers must be formally certified by the local election board and must be registered voters in the county where they are working. The state Republican party has sued to remove those restrictions.

With early voting under way, civil rights groups have said they have heard isolated reports of self-described poll monitors photographing voters and engaging in other intimidating behavior."

so, there you go. if word gets out that minorities are being watched closely by Trump supporters, it could most definitely deter them from bothering to show up, or leaving altogether. it is not the job or business of citizens to monitor and report on what other private citizens are doing at the polls.

it drives me crazy the amount of fear mongering Trump causes.

Hopefully Trumps pompous lying idiocy will hurt his wallet in court.

Trump's campaign should be fair game in Trump University trial: lawyers

Statements Donald Trump has made during his presidential run should generally be admissible in an upcoming civil trial over alleged fraud at his Trump University venture, lawyers for the plaintiffs said in a court filing late on Tuesday.

Some of the statements by the Republican nominee may be helpful to jurors as they try to determine Trump's credibility, the lawyers wrote, calling his credibility a central issue.

Students at Trump University have sued in a federal court in San Diego, claiming they were defrauded by its real estate seminars. A trial is set to begin on Nov. 28.

Last month, Trump's attorneys said evidence and statements from the election campaign should be barred from the trial because they could unfairly prejudice the jury. Their request would include allegations of sexual misconduct, which Trump has denied during the campaign.

Lawyers for the plaintiffs said Trump's request was far too broad, threatening to exclude a "mélange of misrepresentations, falsehoods and flip-flops" that would impeach Trump's credibility as a witness.

"In the course of the campaign, news organizations have collected and publicized practically every known Trump falsehood over the years, bringing all such statements within the gambit of Trump's motion," lawyer Brian Cochran and others wrote.

A lawyer for Trump could not immediately be reached for comment on Wednesday.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...fTY?li=BBnb7Kz