Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

You realize no one is legislating aversion therapy, correct? This is another thing that neither side seems to be able to get a handle on. The difference between personal moral belief and legislating those beliefs. It's baffling. Being a free society doesn't mean everyone thinks the same.
I swear I was going to write just about the same post, after reading this morning, but seen Sean said it best.

Pence's ideas on conversion therapy are his own personal beliefs, we can hate the idea...but lets not pretend a Pence VP would result in legislation to force conversion therapy, that's nuts, as it would be completely illegal.

trump might protect homosexuals from terrorism, but "not letting gays get murdered by ISIS" is like the most basic thing one can do for the gay community and pence's support for inhumane conversion therapy and other homophobic policies is far more representative of the administration's backwards attitude towards the gay community, especially when it's likely that pence will be doing most of the governing.
When has a Vice President ever done most of the governing?
John Adams would tell you what a boring, dull, impotent, unproductive job it is. You're basically just on hand if something happens to the President, until then you don't do much. And when Presidents have become incapacitated, it's usually been their wives who step in as liaisons (and even defacto decision-makers) rather than the Vice President.

You realize no one is legislating aversion therapy, correct? This is another thing that neither side seems to be able to get a handle on. The difference between personal moral belief and legislating those beliefs. It's baffling. Being a free society doesn't mean everyone thinks the same.
uh, pence has proposed funding conversion therapy and even just supporting it in your personal beliefs is despicable and the thought of that person being in the white house is horrifying.
criticker

uh, pence has proposed funding conversion therapy and even just supporting it in your personal beliefs is despicable and the thought of that person being in the white house is horrifying.
Then it's a good thing he's becoming Vice President, since they don't propose bills or pass laws or veto bills.

When has a Vice President ever done most of the governing?
John Adams would tell you what a boring, dull, impotent, unproductive job it is. You're basically just on hand if something happens to the President, until then you don't do much. And when Presidents have become incapacitated, it's usually been their wives who step in as liaisons (and even defacto decision-makers) rather than the Vice President.
there's this and you just have to listen to trump talk to realize he has no clue about how to actually govern and he doesn't care, so it makes sense that pence would have significant influence. and lol at citing a guy who was vp over 200 years ago.

also i assume the trump campaign knew about pence's position when they chose him and they were okay with it, which is an indication that they don't think it's a bad thing.

there's this and you just have to listen to trump talk to realize he has no clue about how to actually govern and he doesn't care, so it makes sense that pence would have significant influence. and lol at citing a guy who was vp over 200 years ago.
Yes, I knew what you were getting at and I hope Trump (if he wins) does surround himself with experienced advisers. I would go so far as to say I hope he uses Pence as an adviser because it's quite obvious Trump knows little about the system, legal matters, foreign policy or military strategy. So I especially hope he relies on our military generals strongly.

Of course, this will all be moot if Hillary wins - I'll just start practicing my bowing toward Mecca 5 times a day in hopes that I won't be beheaded when the ISIS terrorists embedded within the half million Syrian refugees she'll bring here take over my town.

Funding is not the same as legislating as I am sure you would be quick to point out if we were discussing plaanned parenthood. If he repels you then you are free not to vote for him. That is much different than equating him with people who want homosexuals slaughtered.

Trump's Missing Emails

Over the course of decades, Donald Trump’s companies have systematically destroyed or hidden thousands of emails, digital records and paper documents demanded in official proceedings, often in defiance of court orders. These tactics—exposed by a Newsweek review of thousands of pages of court filings, judicial orders and affidavits from an array of court cases—have enraged judges, prosecutors, opposing lawyers and the many ordinary citizens entangled in litigation with Trump. In each instance, Trump and entities he controlled also erected numerous hurdles that made lawsuits drag on for years, forcing courtroom opponents to spend huge sums of money in legal fees as they struggled—sometimes in vain—to obtain records.

This behavior is of particular import given Trump’s frequent condemnations of Hillary Clinton, his Democratic opponent, for having deleted more than 30,000 emails from a server she used during her time as secretary of state. While Clinton and her lawyers have said all of those emails were personal, Trump has suggested repeatedly on the campaign trail that they were government documents Clinton was trying to hide and that destroying them constituted a crime. The allegation—which the FBI concluded was not supported by any evidence—is a crowd-pleaser at Trump rallies, often greeted by supporters chanting, “Lock her up!”

Trump’s use of deception and untruthful affidavits, as well as the hiding or improper destruction of documents, dates back to at least 1973, when the Republican nominee, his father and their real estate company battled the federal government over civil charges that they refused to rent apartments to African-Americans. The Trump strategy was simple: deny, impede and delay, while destroying documents the court had ordered them to hand over.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...m2V?li=BBnb7Kz

"Resources should be directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behavior."

Are you for federal funding of abortion?

To Frightened Inmate -

You do realize hes not enforcing conversion therapy, right? Are you just appalled by the idea of it? I cannot see how anyone could be offended by this, at all. Its not for everyone, but its ignorant to say its for no one.

You do realize hes not enforcing conversion therapy, right? Are you just appalled by the idea of it? I cannot see how anyone could be offended by this, at all. Its not for everyone, but its ignorant to say its for no one.
I think donnie was trying to defend Pence's position there or at least tried to find an inconsistency in the argument against it by liberals.

For the record, I do not believe conversion therapy should be funded. I completely disagree with Pence on that.

I think donnie was trying to defend Pence's position there, TONGO.
Oh I misunderstood. Think Im getting convos and positions in different threads mixed up, sorry! I corrected it and redirected it to Inmate.

Even though I voted...for her, I would have voted for either VP nominee over Hillary. The republicans had this one in the bag with all the dirt on her, if they lose it will be on Trump.

Even though I voted...for her
Thanks for trying to help ruin America without any pride.

To be honest, I dislike both VP candidates and every somewhat serious third party candidate as well. If I were an American, I would genuinally have nothing to vote for.

For the record, I do not believe conversion therapy should be funded. I completely disagree with Pence on that.
I'm not for it either but I think I could live with a candidate supporting it over beheadings. If a candidate is pro-beheading they better have a pretty damn air tight tax code.

I'm not for it either but I think I could live with a candidate supporting it over beheadings. If a candidate is pro-beheading they better have a pretty damn air tight tax code.
Hillary's for beheadings. In her own way.

I'm on your side when it comes to understanding the very important and clear difference between his position and the position of Muslim extremists. Don't worry about that.

I would never be enthusiastic to vote for someone who would like to FUND conversion therapies, though. The government should have no business with that kind of stuff.

The government has no business turning everybody into transsexuals, either.