Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

I think this depends on how far you extend the phrase "this kind of [comment]." Lewd comments, in the company of friends, and maybe not even entirely serious? Sure.

But this wasn't any of those things. For one, the comments weren't just lewd, they were actual descriptions of physical actions he said he does. "Look at the X on Y" is a lewd comment. "I can just go up and grab them" is a different thing altogether.

It also wasn't to a friend, or in private. It was to an interviewer he barely knew! What kind of person do you have to be to say that to a stranger, and a stranger in the media, and right after getting married?? Deeply insecure at best, and a total scoundrel, at worst.
It's obvious he's overcompensating for his deep insecurity. There's no doubt about that. The audio tapes of him impersonating his "manager" and calling to the papers telling wild stories about his affairs with women already exposed that aspect of him.

In this video fragment, however, he simply comes across as a typical dumb guy bragging about his success with women in an overstated way, in my opinion. He obviously sees Billy Bush as a momentary friend he can act tough to for a little while. I don't give those words the weight that many others are seemingly attributing to it. Maybe I'm wrong in doing that, but I don't see him as some kind of potential rapist because of what he said.
I think it's odd that the other cases that Miss Vicky posted about, for instance, didn't inspire this kind of controversy...

Maybe there's a problem with my personal environment, but I hear this kind of talk a lot, sometimes in even more graphical terms than Trump used. It's obviously very inappropriate and tasteless, but saying stuff in a kind of jokingly matter is still not the same as actually doing it, in my opinion. It's all just reasonably harmless, testosterone-inspired brainless tough talk to me.

Anyway, what I'm really afraid of, is that this will be seen as Donald's ultimate downfall and that all the other lessons politicians (and the public) should've learnt from Trump's candidacy and campaign will soon be forgotten, because it will seem like the "threat" of his actual presidency never existed. Instead, the only lesson most people will likely take away will (again) be something like: "avoid a sexual scandal". It's superficial and unimportant. There's much more essential stuff to take away from the past few months.

If America (and society in general) does not get a wake-up call, a blatantly populist (and potentially dangerous) candidate like Trump could rise again and might actually succeed in the future if he/she would just play it a little smarter, especially after a Hillary Clinton presidency...

The way this is progressing does not feel right to me. Maybe I'm overthinking this, though.

I'm with you Cob, I think the taped comments are pretty much nothing. I'm just not too fond of him going after a married woman. Of course, that's because I'm now married.

I recall we had a similar cadre of celebrities warning us about what a dangerous extremist Mitt Romney was, so I couldn't care less how concerned Robert De Niro is.
I'm a bit resistant to say, but Sam Harris had some amusing comments on the topic.

I'm a bit resistant to say, but Sam Harris had some amusing comments on the topic.
He's not your typical celebrity, though. People value his opinion for a reason. He's a "professional social thinker". He actually knows what he's talking about. I also think he made some good comments about the race (both against Hillary Clinton and against Donald Trump).

I'm probably not going to make myself popular with this post, but I'm pretty confident a (very) large amount of men has made this kind of comments in a private environment or at least condoned them. I understand that it's not really appropriate to talk that way about any human being, but a lot of the outrage comes across as a bit hypocritical to me. It's odd that this is the thing that finally seems to have taken him down (if the effect is long term) after all he's said and done this election cycle.

Also...

Please...
This argument works better if he hadn't spent a year telling us how deplorable Bill Clinton is because of his escapades.

Was anyone surprised by this? Trump talks down to everyone and him treating women as sex objects isn't outside of his character if you pay attention to him talk for more than five minutes.

I'm with Yoda on the celebrity outrage. If I thought all the celebrities that claim they will leave if Trump gets elected actually would, I would probably vote for him. Artists give me so much pleasure in my life as entertainers. As for being moral and social compasses, I'll look elsewhere.

He seems genuinely concerned.

It is an actor which means that an inherent part of it's job involves pretending to have thoughts, emotions, and beliefs (and "genuine concern(s)" that it does not actually possess.

Please tell me that you don't think it's genuinely pondering who might or might not be "talk'in to him" in the following scene;

The scene you posted, which was undoubtedly paid for by the Clinton Foundation, is no different....
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force. ~Ayn Rand

Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis!!! Si vis pacem, para bellum!!!

It is an actor which means that an inherent part of it's job involves pretending to have thoughts, emotions, and beliefs (and "genuine concern(s)" that it does not actually possess.

Please tell me that you don't think he's genuinely pondering who might or might not be "talk'in to him" in the following scene;

The scene you posted, which was undoubtedly paid for by the Clinton Foundation, is no different....
You. Are. A. Troll.

buh bye

It seems to me a lot of Republicans have pounced on this leaked video as an excuse to distance themselves from Trump. It's a shame many weren't able to do it before, but now they can point to this one thing and exclaimed how disgusted they are with him, and will no longer tolerate him.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
It seems to me a lot of Republicans have pounced on this leaked video as an excuse to distance themselves from Trump. It's a shame many weren't able to do it before, but now they can point to this one thing and exclaimed how disgusted they are with him, and will no longer tolerate him.
It's typical human behavior from any institution. While you reject, at the same time you absorb - just in case!

Stockbroker mentality for human values..

It's obvious he's overcompensating for his deep insecurity. There's no doubt about that. The audio tapes of him impersonating his "manager" and calling to the papers telling wild stories about his affairs with women already exposed that aspect of him.

In this video fragment, however, he simply comes across as a typical dumb guy bragging about his success with women in an overstated way, in my opinion. He obviously sees Billy Bush as a momentary friend he can act tough to for a little while. I don't give those words the weight that many others are seemingly attributing to it. Maybe I'm wrong in doing that, but I don't see him as some kind of potential rapist because of what he said.
I think it's odd that the other cases that Miss Vicky posted about, for instance, didn't inspire this kind of controversy...

Maybe there's a problem with my personal environment, but I hear this kind of talk a lot, sometimes in even more graphical terms than Trump used. It's obviously very inappropriate and tasteless, but saying stuff in a kind of jokingly matter is still not the same as actually doing it, in my opinion. It's all just reasonably harmless, testosterone-inspired brainless tough talk to me.

Anyway, what I'm really afraid of, is that this will be seen as Donald's ultimate downfall and that all the other lessons politicians (and the public) should've learnt from Trump's candidacy and campaign will soon be forgotten, because it will seem like the "threat" of his actual presidency never existed. Instead, the only lesson most people will likely take away will (again) be something like: "avoid a sexual scandal". It's superficial and unimportant. There's much more essential stuff to take away from the past few months.

If America (and society in general) does not get a wake-up call, a blatantly populist (and potentially dangerous) candidate like Trump could rise again and might actually succeed in the future if he/she would just play it a little smarter, especially after a Hillary Clinton presidency...

The way this is progressing does not feel right to me. Maybe I'm overthinking this, though.
Because Clinton is a super safe choice. anyway the global world order that we have will not last forever hence dangerous changes in the world's geopolitics will happen and that will be soon. Trump is not particularly dangerous to me, because I don't think it's actually hard to be president of the US. I was almost hoping for him to win to give a kick in the balls of the stablishment but he is indeed really bad and it would be a really bad thing for the US if he won and hence a bad thing for the world, although Hillary is bad too but it's a normal level of bad, Trump is crazy level of bad.