Television Tab

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Started watching Sense8 last night. This is so far up my street it's not funny. Not entirely sure who everyone is or what's going on, but I want to find out. Have I mentioned recently how much I love the Wachowskis?

Have I mentioned recently how much I love the Wachowskis?
What did you think of Jupiter Ascending?

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Rubbish but good at the same time. I mean, it wasn't a great film, clearly, but it was a whole lot of ridiculous fun.

It's getting a lot of pub for something not even been shown here.
Is that just because of the GTA angle?

It doesn't appear to have gone down well with the people at Rockstar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...a-game-changer

You don't see much, but this is the trailer for it.

Probably. You can randomly throw out GTA to incite the masses and rake clicks.

Anyone seen Hand of God with Ron Pearlman?

I thought it looked really good so I'm gonna check it out soon. but I would love some comments on it if anyone has seen it yet.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Oh did anyone watch An Inspector Calls last Sunday? I loved it! I'd definitely say it was an improvement from the 50s version. Miranda Richardson was simply exquisite

This is England. Shaun, he breaks my heart
The character or the director?

I thought it was a great episode and, for me, it was Kelly who was breaking my heart. Flip and Higgy were great comic relief again.

EDIT: I saw An Inspector Calls last week. I thought it was really good. I wasn't interested in Lady Chatterley's Lover and only slightly in The Go-Between, so I didn't see either of them. I didn't hear any praise for LCL though.

The character or the director?

I thought it was a great episode and, for me, it was Kelly who was breaking my heart. Flip and Higgy were great comic relief again.
HK, I meant Shaun the boy, but might as well include Shane Meadows cos that whole series is a masterpiece. Yeah and Kelly, you get the terrible feeling it's not going to end well, but I hope I'm wrong. I love them all so much

Is that just because of the GTA angle?

It doesn't appear to have gone down well with the people at Rockstar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...a-game-changer

You don't see much, but this is the trailer for it.
You know what HK I did a double take at that picture , at first glance I thought it was Woody and Flip and Higgy!

First five episodes of The Critic (1994 ~1995)

Digging this show so far. The humor isn't surprisingly innovating or anything, but some of the jokes are pure gold and I like the overall concept. Of course, my favorite so far is ep. 2 starring Siskel and Ebert as celebrity guests.

+

And I do believe this is the first time I've posted on here.
I had that guy as my avatar when I joined the forum.

Critical - British hospital drama. 6/10

The tudors - 4 series about the life of henry the viii. 8/10

Can someone explain how 5th Gear came along? Is it or isn't quasi-related / supposed replacement for Top Gear.

The show is great and the format is so much better than TG for me. The used car bits are great. Clarkson, May, and Hampster are great, but I tire of their vacation footage.

Velocity (Discovery umbrella) is the US channel that shows 5th Gear, but they do so sporadically. I can always turn on BBC Am and count on seeing TG or the Doctor.

5th Gear was another channels version of Top Gear once the original Top Gear was taken off screen. The Top Gear we know now was/is a kind of suped up version of the original programme. At first the presenters of 5 Gear were all former Top Gear presenters (I think. I don't think I've missed anyone) and I'm pretty sure some/much of the behind the camera staff were too. It ran for years, so there's plenty of episodes out there.

I thought it was ok, but there was only really one reason to actually tune in to watch it, rather than just catch it and that was Vicki.