1.72%
1 votes
ROOM
13.79%
8 votes
SPOTLIGHT
58 votes. You may not vote on this poll

“Hell will hold no surprises for you.”
The Revenant is by far the best film IMO. Overall lineup is pretty weak though.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Hateful Eight shouldn't be in the Best Picture category, nor Tarantino for Directing.

It got what it deserved.

Suspect's Reviews

Hateful Eight shouldn't be in the Best Picture category, nor Tarantino for Directing.

It got what it deserved.
I agree so much, I'm glad others feel the same. I was expecting more QT fans to complain about these nominations.

I'm a Tarantino fan boy, Hateful 8 will be in my top five this year. That said I have no problem with people not liking the film or it not being nominated. It's the self-indulgent complaint that baffles me. I guess it is a product of his films being highly stylized. When it works for you it's cool, when it doesn't it's indulgent. Oh well.

I'm a Tarantino fan boy, short and stout, here is my gun and here is my horse mount.

1. The Martian

2. Mad Max: Fury Road

3. The Revenant

4. Brooklyn

5. The Big Short

6. Room

7. Spotlight

8. Bridge of Spies

I'm a Tarantino fan boy, Hateful 8 will be in my top five this year. That said I have no problem with people not liking the film or it not being nominated. It's the self-indulgent complaint that baffles me. I guess it is a product of his films being highly stylized. When it works for you it's cool, when it doesn't it's indulgent. Oh well.
I love Tarantino as well. But whether a critic or a fanboy, criticizing him for stumbling a bit in his own territory shouldn't be off limits.

People tend to say it's his style and way of making movies, but that doesn't exclude him from not being able to miss a bit. I mean, if JJ Abrams used too many lense flairs for his own good, I would say it, not just accept it and say "oh well, it's his style..."

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
Haven't seen TH8 yet, cause it only comes to Portugal in 3 weeks, but I've to say I'm surprised it didn't get the best screenplay nomination.

About the best film, if he didn't win for Pulp fiction, he'll never win.

I've only seen mad max from these noms, I've to agree with MV about inside out being out of best film pics. I'm not curious about any movie here except the revenant! Not a good year, I think.

I love Tarantino as well. But whether a critic or a fanboy, criticizing him for stumbling a bit in his own territory shouldn't be off limits.

People tend to say it's his style and way of making movies, but that doesn't exclude him from not being able to miss a bit. I mean, if JJ Abrams used too many lense flairs for his own good, I would say it, not just accept it and say "oh well, it's his style..."
I'm not saying he is above criticism. I am curious about using the term self-indulgent in particular. If it fits, I would say it fits everywhere. Including Pulp and Dogs. He is not doing anything different is my point. So that term in particular is what bothers me.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I don't know how I feel now about movies I used to like of his (Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown), but I definitely know I haven't liked his last 4. His screenplay try to represent how some people talk today, what some people find funny, usually the common denominator, very banal stuff.

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
The Hateful Eight is better than all these films, that barring perhaps The Revenant and Mad Max, will be forgotten with time.