Horror Movies

Tools    

I wouldn't, because Ringu is definitely inferior to The Ring, as far as I am concerned. I don't care if Ringu is the original - it's pants. The ring is fantastically done. Certainly not boring... Ringu was boring. Come on man, the actors in Ringu were TERRIBLE. How can anyone watch that and think it's a good film? No thanks, I will watch the absolutely STELLAR Naomi Watts instead.
Firstly, I've not seen The Ring. Secondly, I thought Ring was great. It was one of the last really good horror films I saw and created a fantastic atmosphere, which is the most important thing for a horror film to have, for me. Thirdly, Ring's boring? Are you mad, sir? Fourthly, if you go back and look, you'll see that I was actually talking about Ju-On and The Grudge, not Ring and The Ring. I only mentioned Ring in the last sentence and then, it was in reference to which was scarier, that or Ju-On.

So, really, you couldn't have been more wrong if you'd tried.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
The Ring was a great movie, Ringu was also a great movie. I have to say though that The Ring was a much better made and scarier then the original Ringu

I will watch second and third Paranormal Activity tonight...first one bored me to hell,but who knows,maybe this 2 will be scary.

I'm like the only one that's gonna watch The Night Flier , too bad it really needs more love.

Personally, I love both Ringu and The Ring, but I do agree Ringu was slow at first. But wow, it got really intense later!

The less said about the sequel, the better.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

I'm like the only one that's gonna watch The Night Flier , too bad it really needs more love.
I saw it waay back. It was a fairly decent little vampire film, as I recall.

The Saw Movies.

I know is not Horror movie but the first...The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo was when the girl hurt her attacker. He deserve though

slasher movies are not really horror,more like thriller...they are not scary or eerie,not even so sick

Slasher films are horror, they are a sub genre of Horror. I recommend a good book that concentrates mostly on the slasher sub genre and the women in the films('Final girls'): Men, Women, and Chain Saws: Gender in the Modern Horror Film by Carol J. Clover.

I have not watched a good scary horror movie in a long time...
Shutter (original)
Cube
Cure
Pulse
Noroi
The Descent
Drag Me To Hell
Funny Games
Gozu
Jacob's Ladder
The Orphanage
Dreamcatcher

Don't give the prick the satisfaction.
I see your point to some extent. Sure, new horror movies can't touch the classic ones (Halloween, Child's Play, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, etc).

Regardless, you shouldn't go off saying that the horror genre is dead, nothing can be more farther from the truth. Everyone has different taste when it comes to genres, even movies in those genres. I, for one, appreciated the Saw movies. Sure, they weren't as great as the Elm St/Fri 13/Halloween/Chucky series, but they still caught the audiences attention in some way.

I think if you go out and look at everything that's been released in the past decade or so, you will find something for you.

New Horror films can touch the old ones indeed, there are a lot of horror films from the 00s say that I think are a lot better than something like Friday the 13th(not big on in the first place). Scream is far superior to a lot of the 'classic' old slasher films for example in my eyes.

its day turning to dusk.

A garden.
a woman alone with a child
- her husband has gone away

It is the depths of the hidden english countryside -
They have just settled into this isolated country house.

They have a large garden that backs onto never ending meadows.

she is out in her new garden alone, enjoying a glass of wine-,

she is tired from the days last unpacking-

The baby is asleep, she can see the light of the window, a soft glow.

It is a warm summer evening
It is dusk, failing light.

the wind gently picks up
the trees lean gentlyy rushed ,
the sound relaxing to her as leaves are brushed.

she looks up into the end of the day
she looks way up into the twisted gnarl and patterns of green .
on the black arm of a bowing grey branch
The long figure of a thin man appears .
The blackness of last light, it's silhouette.
The silence.
The woman screams.

The horror.

Until we lose ourselves we have no hope of finding ourselves
In my opinion, we need more Hitchcock like horror movies. Where what you couldn't see but just imagine in your mind was scarier than what you could see. These days its just blood, screaming, and weird looking things. We need more horror movies that play more with your mind and less with your eyes