The Artist - Did it live up to the hype?

Tools    

I haven't seen all too but I thought(before knowing the nominees) that Drive could win best picture.I couldn't say that I liked it a lot,but it was very charming,unique and with great music.
Film's not really done it for me for the last few years now.
Well now there's definitely a lot of bad movies coming out,but it is still possible to find something good.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
For me, it's strange because The Artist was the 2nd best film I've seen thus far in 2012. But I don't think it's great. Just good

I haven't watch it, and maybe I won't. Last night I was watching a tv show, and they had Cusack and Goldie Hawn, and they like it. However, the tv host didn't like it.

To be honest, I enjoyed the OSS 117 movies much more. However, the dog was very entertaining. He stole the movie.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Not that my rankings are tell all, but I have The Artist pegged as #22 best picture winner that I've seen out of 44. So its right smack dab in the middle.

The fact the dog garnered so much attention is almost enough for me not to bother with the film at all. My friend's backed out of bothering with it, so it's all down to me now.

It was pretty good. The acting was superb too.

Hi,

Read my review of why The Artist didn't live up to its hype, and let me know what you think
The Artist was kind of an interesting movie. Although I'm glad I saw it, it's definitely not a movie that I'd care to see more than once.

Like any movie, it's all about personal taste. It was nowhere near the most hyped movie of the year, although it did garner some pretty good hype. I believe it did, I enjoyed the movie very much, but like I said, it's all about taste.

I just watched it. It was great: entertaining, well-acted (Dujardin is terrific), well-paced, very well directed, excellent soundtrack and ditto cinematography. What's not to like? I don't think it's the best film of the year, but it's certainly top 3 for me.

Tell you what, it sure lived up to the 'hype' a hell of a lot more than Drive.