Meryl Streep Gets Closer To Kathrine Hepburn

Tools    

Semper Fooey
Let us remember one of Katharine Hepburn's Oscars was a sympathy Oscar.

You said in the works, New Years Eve has been out for a while, so not three major projects in the works then and Something Borrowed she is just producing and is she even in Closer Than Love? I thought people were talking about her acting, not producing when it comes to fading out/winning an Oscar again.
I meant since Coviction ( her SAG nomination ) . And they are all relevant. If the movie she prodiced makes enough monery, she could risk it and finance a new project that could be bigger than the small budget movies she has been relegated to and she could star in it and be relatively idependen or collude with someone like Eastwood. Bigger movies mean more exposure, which could surely lead to another Oscar.

I didn't like Bridges of Madison County. I love Clint and heard it was pretty respected?

I didn't like Bridges of Madison County. I love Clint and heard it was pretty respected?
Yeah , he diverged there and showed that he was capable of a thought provokin romance and he did it splendidly. I don't want to be any one else but if I did, I would be Clint. His overall contibution to motion arts is extr-ordinary and he is a good and descent guy who contirbiutes to charity but does it anonymously a lot of the time. He will be 82 in May and he is still marching strong. Would love to see another gem from him, hopfully in co-operation with Hillary Swank.

I love Meryl Streep, I think she is a amazing actress! I loved her in The Devils wears Prada and when she played Margaret Thatcher. She is a all rounded actress

The Devils wears Prada was excellent. I'm not a big fan of her though. I liked Doubt, coming from a Catholic background maybe thats why?

Meryl has been robbed for quite a few times already. She deserved more than 3 of the Oscars she has won.

Did you see Sophie's Choice?
No I haven't.

Maybe later. I can't even get the film The Apostle

I don't think Streep will get a fourth, but she might who knows. As far as talent goes, I think Streep surpassed her in the 90s. You compare their best performances, Streep comes ahead. At the same time, Hepburn also paved the way for actresses so her impact is probably greater than Streeps. I personally consider them 1A and 1B, they both deserve to be called the best actress ever.

Let us remember one of Katharine Hepburn's Oscars was a sympathy Oscar.
Drawing a blank on that one. If you mean On Golden Pond, it was a sympathy Oscar for Fonda, not her. She already had three Oscars, she hardly needed sympathy there.

Did you see Sophie's Choice?
Not only widely considered Streep's best performance, but argubly the greatest female performance of all time.

Semper Fooey
Drawing a blank on that one. If you mean On Golden Pond, it was a sympathy Oscar for Fonda, not her. She already had three Oscars, she hardly needed sympathy there.
Guess Who Is Coming For Dinner