Best Death Scene

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Eh, doesn't bother me. If you read the right book or article, you can learn the truth behind any "true-story" movie - it doesn't necessarily mean you're going to enjoy the movie any more or less than you normally would. Supposing it's about a character who dies, either they die in the film or the film doesn't follow them to that point. Either way, what difference does it make if the character dies anyway?

WARNING: "Death Proof" spoilers below
Stuntman Mike Getting His Ass Kicked In Death Proof By Those Three Girls.

The King of Movies
Eh, doesn't bother me. If you read the right book or article, you can learn the truth behind any "true-story" movie - it doesn't necessarily mean you're going to enjoy the movie any more or less than you normally would. Supposing it's about a character who dies, either they die in the film or the film doesn't follow them to that point. Either way, what difference does it make if the character dies anyway?
What you are saying is, is that you don't care if some one spoils the end to a movie were the main charicter dies.

Think about what you are saying because you are sounding really stupid.

Welcome to the human race...
What you are saying is, is that you don't care if some one spoils the end to a movie were the main charicter dies.

Think about what you are saying because you are sounding really stupid.
Dude, think about what you're saying. I have no problem with having "true story" movies being spoiled because if I care enough about such a movie to bother seeing it, I probably already have a good enough idea about the original story to know what happened in reality. Jsut because I ended up reading up on the Battle of Thermopylae before seeing 300 doesn't mean the movie was automatically ruined because I knew that everyone died.

Spoiling who dies in a movie like Chinatown, however, is (in the words of Jules) not the same f***ing ballpark, not the same league, not even the same f***ing sport.

Now who sounds stupid for not understanding the specifics?

Vincent Price's death in the Witchfinder General. Not a great death as deaths go but he had made himself such a detestable character in the film, everyone in the cinema was glad to see him finally get his just desserts.

Funniest Death. Peter Lorre (I think) in a Comedy of Terrors where just as they think he is finally dead, he revives yet again.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I disliked the film but the death of Kanes charector in See no evil at th end of the film. I think that was the best bit of the film.

.:*why So serious*:.
Yeah mate, that was a damn emotional death. I think it's because you get a chance to really care about the character, that's why it has quite a big impact. I also absolutely adore Ken Wantanabe, so y'all can imagine I was close to tears on this one ):
That is Verry true , Love that film one of my favourites,
Also One Other favourite death scene i can think of is
Lord Beckett In Pirates Of The Carribean - At Worlds End.
Walking down the stairs of the ship as it is blown to pieces, Very Patriotic and inspiring

In the movie CLICK
when Adam Sandler was about to die in the middle of the road around the heavy rain..(ALL wet) It was really a touching scene
Agree i was sooo felling that at the Cinma.

There is one very realistic death scene in Saving Pvt. Ryan, during the hand-to-hand combat between the German's and a couple of the Rangers. One Ranger has been shot (or otherwise injured) in the throat and literally chokes to death and drowns on his own blood. The surviving Ranger and German fight it out with knives until the Kraut finally wrestles him down and starts sliding the knife blade into his chest. The Ranger is begging, 'No...No...No!" in a low voice, while the squarehead whispers in German, "Shuuuu, sleep, sleep."
That is a very touching scene, Very touching i could actually feel the guys Pain, And how the other Aliied soldier was listening in And just let the german Soldier walk back down and outside too Shocked to m,asassaszas..sxzdfc fzx

There is one very realistic death scene in Saving Pvt. Ryan, during the hand-to-hand combat between the German's and a couple of the Rangers. One Ranger has been shot (or otherwise injured) in the throat and literally chokes to death and drowns on his own blood. The surviving Ranger and German fight it out with knives until the Kraut finally wrestles him down and starts sliding the knife blade into his chest. The Ranger is begging, 'No...No...No!" in a low voice, while the squarehead whispers in German, "Shuuuu, sleep, sleep."
That is a very touching scene, Very touching i could actually feel the guys Pain, And how the other Aliied soldier was listening in And just let the german Soldier walk back down and outside too Shocked to move. Extremely powerful.

Two more I reckon are worth mentioning...

- The "disappearing pencil" scene in The Dark Knight. Honestly have not been so shocked and so amused so suddenly by one action.

- Also, a lesser known one is from Brother (a Takeshi Kitano film) where a thug is killed by having what I imagine is a pair of broken chopsticks rammed up his nose. Hard.
Piss funny, Joker is absolutely amazing in that film, Also Where he just Shots the Guy at the beginning who drove the bus as he was talking to him without even contemplating what just happened, as if to say "ahhhhhhh shut up...", We all bursed out laughing in cinema and no one else did we were like... err... It was finny :P ?!?

I am burdened with glorious purpose
Piss funny, Joker is absolutely amazing in that film, Also Where he just Shots the Guy at the beginning who drove the bus as he was talking to him without even contemplating what just happened, as if to say "ahhhhhhh shut up...", We all bursed out laughing in cinema and no one else did we were like... err... It was finny :P ?!?
I laughed, too, along with a spattering of others. And that wasn't the only time.

What does that say about us?

When the Blob in the original Blob leaps on, and absorbs the Doctor.
You can't actually see what the Blob is up to, but you can hear sounds and see something crash into the venetian blinds.

Boromir, brother of Faramir is killed in Fellowship of the Rings, but one of the Urauk-Hai (ORCS). He is shot several times with arrows, yet still fights. He is finally taken down and dies in Arragon's arms. He's played by Sean Bean.
That death scene is pretty good but it doesn't beat the famous last moments of Alias in Platoon where we see him falling and getting back up.

I was just thinking about Alan Rickman's death in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. I even tried to find it on youtube but the only scenes I find are about the bit, "eating your heart out with a spoon."

Anyway, he is shot with an arrow (I think), then gets up, and then gets shot again, and as he's dying, he like goes across the entire room before giving out his last breath! It's amazing!

I love that death scene.

I just realized I had never posted in this thread about my all time favorite death scene. It also happens to be my favorite scene in any movie ever. It is why Sean Bean is in my avatar. And it's been mentioned here a few times. The Departure of Boromir. *cries*

I love it so much I figured out how to teach a lesson about it, lol. I used this video and asked the students to read the lyrics of the song ("Sound the Bugle, Now" sung by Bryan Adams) and match the lines from the song to the images (since I couldn't really show the death scene itself):

The King of Movies
I disliked the film but the death of Kanes charector in See no evil at th end of the film. I think that was the best bit of the film.
The death scene in that movie was awesome. I watched it like 5 times over and over.