MoFo Music Hall of Fame

Tools    

Let the night air cool you off
C/P + Edited from Godoggo's movie hall of fame post:

Rules

Everyone who signs up nominates one album/mixtape/EP. Compilation albums are not usually going to be allowed unless they feature previously unreleased music. Each compilation album will judged on a case by case basis, and will be judged based on my discretion. Everyone will then listen to every nominated album and discuss each album in the thread. There is no set order; you can listen to each album as the mood strikes you.

When you have watched listened to every album and are satisfied that you have weighed the merits of each one, you will send me a list of every nominated album ranked from 1- most deserving to be inducted to the last album which you believe to be the least deserving.

I understand that life can get busy suddenly or a person may need to drop out after signing up do to unforeseen events. However, please don't sign up if you have no intention of listening to each album nominated.

New members are always welcomed and encouraged to join. This was always meant to have members with varying taste in music.

The nominees:

A Love Supreme by John Coltrane Nominated by Iroquois

The Band by The Band Nominated by jiraffejustin

The Velvet Underground by The Velvet Underground Nominated by Frightened Inmate No. 2

Selling England By the Pound by Genesis Nominated by TylerDurden99

Zen Arcade by Hüsker Dü Nominated by Godoggo

The Head on the Door by The Cure Nominated by Kaplan

Secrets of the Beehive by David Sylvain Nominated by wintertriangles

Music Has the Right to Children by Boards of Canada Nominated by Swan

Yep I'm in. Will need to think about what album I want to nominate. Do I nominate the greatest album of all-time, Dark Side of the Moon, which most people have already listened to, or pick something more obscure to get people to listen to?

Welcome to the human race...
Well, if we were going to nominate classical pieces then I think we'd need to nominate specific recordings of said pieces (e.g. if you wanted to include Beethoven's 9th Symphony then you specify who performed it e.g. Herbert von Karajan and the Berlin Philharmoniker).

Well, if we were going to nominate classical pieces then I think we'd need to nominate specific recordings of said pieces (e.g. if you wanted to include Beethoven's 9th Symphony then you specify who performed it e.g. Herbert von Karajan and the Berlin Philharmoniker).
I was thinking about this before, and I like the idea. This is what we'd do.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I'll have to think about this one. Most people here listen to very different music than my music tastes, so I doubt anyone will want to listen to anything that I would nominate.

But if I decide not to join, I'll still listen to the nominated albums just for the fun of it.

I'd like to participate, if we're really going to have plenty of time to listen to all the albums. I'm open-minded when it comes to music, and I'd love a chance to expand my knowledge or revisit albums I'm already familiar with.

I'd like to participate, if we're really going to have plenty of time to listen to all the albums. I'm open-minded when it comes to music, and I'd love a chance to expand my knowledge or revisit albums I'm already familiar with.
Does 10-12 albums in two months seem fair?

Go ahead and PM me your nominations. I'll save a spot for the people mentioned in the first post, otherwise it's first come first serve for four more.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
When they get inducted are you going to have people do write ups for it?

I'm about to send you my nomination. I don't know how receptive people will be to it, but it's definitely deserving of being inducted for a myriad of reasons.

When they get inducted are you going to have people do write ups for it?
If they want to do one, they can. If not, I'll post snippets from reviews or whatever I can find online.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
You're too easy. I make my people do it all personal like or at least find someone else to write it for them. But then I wait quite awhile as well.

Sent my nom in. I'm really curious as to how it gets received. It's a fantastic album.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Thanks, Godoggo. The rest of you butts need to get your noms in.

I'm going to (officially) sit this one out and just kind of play along from the sidelines, but if you come up short of participants, just let me know and I'll join in if you want me to.