Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I think it's the site you're using. It looks like you've done everything right. If you press F5 after posting a picture you can usually see whether or not other people can see it.
No problem I might edit and change

Holy crap. I will write a full review at least tomorrow after doing some analyzation and thinking about the film. But my thoughts now are that I loved it. Great acting, amazing camerawork and lighting, and an extremely intriguing story that has you hooked from beginning to end and long after the credits roll. I really enjoyed it and am excited to know more about it.
Fire walk with me.

Very good film. Black and white, good cinematography, great actors, heartbreak ending.

good pick Slinger,

Exploitation Films Lover
Nice to see Alice, Sweet Alice popping up all over the place. Is it on netflix or something?
I think so

Unregistered User

The Garden of Finzi-Continis (1970)

The Ruling Class (1972)

These are both good films although they were not for my taste so i cant rate them any higher. Both are really well filmed and Garden contains some really gorgeous scenery and Class should be noted for its amazing performance from Peter O'Toole, however my problem with Class was that it went on far too long. Its easily one of the most bizaare films ive seen, with a man believing he is Jesus Christ then Jack the Ripper, inbetween times breaking out into song. Anyway, i dont imagine we'll see either on the list but i couldnt not recommend them.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Chinatown (1974)

"Chinatown" is a good mystery with plenty of twists and turns throughout. Great acting by Jack Nicholson makes the movie worth watching, but I didn't really like the ending.

WARNING: "[Note]" spoilers below
I understand that this is supposed to be a more realistic ending, but it just didn't work for me.

Five Easy Pieces (1970)

In "Five Easy Pieces", Jack Nicholson does a great job of portraying a guy who doesn't seem to know who he is, who he wants to be, or where he's going. He just seems to be lost with no direction in his life. I found the movie to be kind of slow, and a bit boring at times, but it's interesting to see the contrast between his life with his girlfriend and his life with his family. This movie may not be for everyone, but it's worth seeing just for the infamous sandwich scene.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I'd like to know some of your favourites (besides Star Trek)
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Who, me?

There are a lot of movies that I like. I just have different tastes in movies than most people.
Haha yeh, I don't think I've seen a rating from you yet that has been that positive, so like Minio I'm curious as to what films makes up your favourites

I've posted some positive ratings.

"The French Connection" (1971) and "The Seven-Ups" (1973) are two that come to mind. I'm not sure if I rated it here, but I also recently watched "Three Days of the Condor" (1975) and I liked that too.

I like a lot of musicals and rom-coms, and I haven't watched too many of those recently because I've been focusing on finishing my top 1970s movies list, so I've been watching a lot of movies that are out of my normal genre.

I also love a lot of old movies, like Cary Grant movies, Doris Day movies, Jimmy Stewart movies, etc. When we get to the older movie lists, I'll be more into my genre.

Ah cool. I really like The French Connection and recently enjoyed Three Days of the Condor too, then from what I have seen so far I am a fan of Grant and Stewart (North by Northwest, Vertigo, It's a Wonderful Life etc.)

Ah cool. I really like The French Connection and recently enjoyed Three Days of the Condor too, then from what I have seen so far I am a fan of Grant and Stewart (North by Northwest, Vertigo, It's a Wonderful Life etc.)

See, those are three good examples. North by Northwest, Vertigo and It's a Wonderful Life are three of my favorite movies.

Le Circle Rouge (1970)

A very well made film, for sure. I can't find any fault in it, and it probably deserves a higher rating. I don't really have much to say about it though. I suppose for me this just came down to a matter of taste. It wasn't quite my niche. I enjoyed it, and I appreciate it's quality. But to be honest it was just a tiny bit boring for me.

An Unmarried Woman (1978) 4/5
A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Not a fan of the horror genre (I'm easily scared haha) but I thought I would give this a go because the premise interested me. Really well made horror film that wasn't overly scary but had rather thought provoking scenes that made it worthwhile. Definitely recommend this one, it also requires a lot of thought which is always good.

Has anybody seen this? Thoughts?

7.5/10

Weird, unusual, heroin fueled, infused with beat poetry and jazz, great practical effects, some very good casting choices, and probably the perfect director for the adaptation. But I am not big into beat poetry and jazz so that was lost on me. I will not complain about this film being hard to follow since it is an adaptation from heroin influenced literature. But I was able to get a few things given my very limited knowledge of William H Burroughs. It is bizarre and unique to be sure. But unlike Lynch whose unique films are almost always accompanied by fantastic atmosphere, I do not get that from Cronenburg. Worth a shot either way.