Postman Pat: The Movie

Tools    

Yes, all those rumours really did turn out to be true:

So due to the recent privitisation of the Royal Mail, Pat goes on strike. He decides to raise some money by forming a troupe of strippers...oh wait, apparantly he isn't. Not that it doesn't look suspiciously like it.

No, he's actually discovered by music mogul Simon Cowbell because he sings just like Ronan Keating (because that is Ronan Keating) and then he moves onto stardom and they replace him with a camp psychotic replacement.

I'm sorry, the TV series was lovely. As a Southerner (England), it gave me my first glimpse of the North of England. Greendale was a small village, overtly in Yorkshire, except now...god knows where it is. In Surrey probably. Pat was a proper Yorkshireman...now he's gone all wet and Southern. Oh yeah, and David Tennant is the enemy who is going to 'stamp out' the postman. Ha ha!

Honestly, could this be any worse?

Totally almost screamed because I thought this was gonna be a sequel to It's Pat: The Movie. Especially since in that movie, Pat was a postman at one point.

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.
I always thought a gritty Postman Pat starring Jason Statham would be the way to go...

He could then have a crossover with Fireman Sam played by Channing Tatum, and together they could defeat flaming mail.

...and Pat's cat Jess can be played by Danny DeVito.

That's not supposed to be Mrs Goggins in that poster is it?? She's had a right makeover if so!
Goggins remains the same luckily- you can see her in the trailer. I think this is Pat's wife Sara.

And the voice cast is just wrong, although David Tennant might be funny.

Maybe part of the film is that Pat is defrauding locals by getting Keating to dub him!

^ I live in Yorkshire and he sounds fine and dandy as Postman Pat, you can hear it in the trailer. Nothing horrendous or off putting.

What's annoying, when Postman Pat sings he sounds like Ronan Keating/has an Irish accent... since well he does the singing parts for the film...

Eh, I would prefer a movie based on Post'nam Pat myself.

Post'nam Pat
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood