Favorite Director?

Tools    

history *is* moralizing
well tis about fave ones and not best ones, innit? what are "best ones" anyway?
Altman
R. Scott
D. Fincher
Bergman
Truffaut
Coens
Coppolas
Alan Rudolph

The Satchel Snatcher's on the loose
Originally Posted by Monkeypunch
Wes Anderson is by far my favorite director.

The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is Anderson's new movie, check it out at Rottentomatoes....it looks hilarious. Typical Wes Anderson!

Bug Planet Proximus
Originally Posted by MichaelMyers
Scorsese
have you changed your mind over the past couple of months?

yeah to tell you the truth before i joing MOFO i didnt even know who scorsese was. i have seen goodfella sbu ti never knew the director. i didnt know anything about movies before joining so i changed it over the few months that i have been here

I am having a nervous breakdance
I would probably have to say Terrence Malick if I had to choose one. It's a cowardly choice really since the guy's only done three feature films since 1973 (is filming his fourth now). But all three are masterpieces in my book. I think it is remarkable that the films all so distinctively bear his mark as a director even though it's 25 years between the first one, Badlands (1973), and the last one, The Thin Red Line (1998). I think that is a sign of that he early had developed not only a vision of how to make a film but also an ability to realize the vision, and then stick to the vision over time. A true auteur.

It will be very interesting to see how his next project as a director, The New World, will turn out. He's also written the script for Steven Soderbergh's next film, Che, with Benicio Del Toro as Che Guevara. Great stuff hopefully...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Scorsese
Leone
Kubrick
Mallick
Burton
Boyle
Kitano
Jeunet
Del Toro
Fincher

All I can think of right now...

The one, the only...
fav director? hmm...lemme think...

*thinks*

Spielberg(sp?)
Peter Jackson
M. Night Shamylan
Ridley Scott
and a bunch of others, but i cant remember their names

btw, i'm new...so yeah...fun..

Scorsese
Kubrick
Hitchcock
Polanski
Lynch
Leone

Bad Morther****er
I'm going to have to be repetitive and say Scorsese. I can't remember which film critic called him America's greatest living director, but I think he is the world greatest living director, and the best America has ever produced.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

In Heaven Everything Is Fine
Terrence Malick. In every one of his movies there is that one shot that leaves you floored and thinking, "How did he do that?". I remember those exact words entering my head when I saw that lightning strike off in the distance during The New World. And when locusts are flying out of the crops by the thousands in Days of Heaven. Top notch stuff.

Donkey Punch-Drunk Love
Danny Boyle (Trainspotting, 28 Days Later, Millions)

Movie Forums Extra
john carpenter--KING!

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Clint Eastwood, Michael Mann, Sidney Lumet, and Hitchcock. They don't get any better than this. Million Dollar Baby, The Insider, Dog Day Afternoon and Network, and North by Northwest are some of the most solidly directed movies of all time.

Hands down Steven Spielberg.

I'm a huge fan of Mc G... his TV work, work with Charlies Angels, etc... he can spice up an action flick in a sec yet is definitely capable of capturing the heart of a drama. I just love his modern flair and vision.

Originally Posted by wonderwall
I'm a huge fan of McG...
Funniest post ever.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra