Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Right. Looking forward to this, though I work with the press daily and have been seeing articles about how it’s impossible to portray journalism accurately, referencing this film. Not a great omen, but oh well.

It’s not bad at all. Fairly enjoyed it.

I am so so drunk. I have had like 7 different types of alcohol today. That must be why I’m watching this.

Wtf. This is so awfully filmed. The running people are so unrealistic. Pff.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
I've seen this many times but am watching it for the first time with the audio commentary by director Jonathan Demme, actors Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, screenwriter Ted Tally, and former FBI agent John Douglas.

This is an interesting one. It's a movie from a cheap DVD set, Sherlock Holmes and the Voice of Terror. Classic Holmes movies (Basil Rathbone) were earlier than this, horse and carriage stuff, stories set much earlier, but he was time-shifted to the 1940's, a semi-propaganda movie, set in 1942 in the darkest days of the Battle of Britain. Holmes is not solving routine crimes, but tracking down nazis, although in his usual style, accompanied by Dr Watson (Nigel Bruce). He's no longer wearing the deerstalker hat, but something contemporary to the 1940's. It's quite a period piece from that dark time, an old hero, resurrected to what was the present.

An old favorite, which has long since morphed into an unflattering description of some people....C.H.U.D....Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers. I'm watching this old favorite, a classic '80's monster flick. It's not to be missed by anyone who likes flix like this. It stars Diner guy Daniel Stern, scream queen Kim Geist, not to mention John Goodman as "Guy in Diner".

It's that 80's version of New York, where everything is falling apart and the streets are always wet, and the cops all are cynical wisecrackers. Things only get worse when you add reptilian monsters.