Good Movies I Don't Want to See Again

Tools    

Apologies in advance to fans of these films, but...

I've never liked or found any of the Monty Python films remotely funny.

Same goes for Blazing Saddles (really sorry)

I didn't enjoy Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb either, it bored the hell out of me.

I thought
Mulholland Drive was a pretentious snooze fest seemingly made for the sole purpose of critical analysis.

Apologies in advance to fans of these films, but...

I've never liked or found any of the Monty Python films remotely funny.

Same goes for Blazing Saddles (really sorry)

I didn't enjoy Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb either, it bored the hell out of me.

I thought
Mulholland Drive was a pretentious snooze fest seemingly made for the sole purpose of critical analysis.
With the exception of your opinion of Mullholland Drive (which I own but have yet to watch) I completely agree with you, sir.

The revolution is picking up speed!!

So many good movies, so little time.
You are missing the point of the thread.

If you don't think they are "good movies" then we know you won't watch them again.

The thread is about movies you think are good, but don't want to watch again.

It isn't a thread about movies other people think are good but you don't want to watch again.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

The Usual Suspects

Once you learn the twist there is no need to re-watch.
One of my favourite films of all time but i'll only ever watch it now with people who have never seen it just to see there reactions.
mermermer... panties on.

You are missing the point of the thread.

If you don't think they are "good movies" then we know you won't watch them again.

The thread is about movies you think are good, but don't want to watch again.

It isn't a thread about movies other people think are good but you don't want to watch again.

...no offense Unconjack but the thread title can be interpreted either way, and there's no explanation in your initial post to suggest otherwise...just sayin'

Welcome to the human race...
A movie that I feel fits in with Uconjack's definition of a good movie I don't want to see again is Terry Gilliam's 12 Monkeys. I've seen it in full about three times and while it's an intricately plotted and intelligent time-travel adventure with some good acting and whatnot, I have no real compulsion to see it again.

YES!!! Someone agrees with me about Kubrick. The revolution starts here people!

For sho. Preach it, brother

In all seriousness, 90% of Kubrick's films are beter studied than enjoyed.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I've watched both the Kubrick version and the made for TV version of The Shining. Honestly, I liked the made for TV version better.

I'll never watch 2001 again. I agree with you Prestige, most of his films aren't really films to be watched, rather studied and interpreted. That's not to say they're not good in their own right, just not something you can watch repeatedly and expect any enjoyment out of.

A few others that come to mind are:

- The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
- The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
- The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
- The Village **
- Lady in the Water **

** Both The Village and Lady in the Water were decent films from M. Night, but they don't carry the same repeat viewing capabilities when compared with his other films (excluding The Happening).
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I've watched both the Kubrick version and the made for TV version of The Shining. Honestly, I liked the made for TV version better.

I'll never watch 2001 again. I agree with you Prestige, most of his films aren't really films to be watched, rather studied and interpreted. That's not to say they're not good in their own right, just not something you can watch repeatedly and expect any enjoyment out of.
I preeminently disagree with your second paragraph. You state that Kubrick's films are not something to expect enjoyment out of repeated viewings. I'd say it's exactly the opposite. The more viewings gotten out of his films, the more enjoyment. Most of Kubrick's films require multiple viewings to enjoy.

I wasn't too impressed with The Shining ensuing my first viewing either, though I did like it. I've seen it around 7 or 8 times now (which is a good number for me), and I consider it one of, if not the, greatest horror film(s) ever made as well as a rare film that betters the novel. Even if King himself doesn't like it, Kubrick's Shining blows the Mick Garris version out of the water.

If you want to experience a Kubrick film that is easy to enjoy on the first viewing try watching: The Killing.

...and I apologize for going off topic.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I guess you just have to be able to be in that particular mindset to understand his films.

I've seen bits and pieces of Kubrick's Shining before, but had never watched it all the way through until recently. I'm in the process of going through all his films that I haven't seen, Full Metal Jacket I believe is the only other one in my queue right now, but I'll add The Killing in next. Thanks for the info, and don't worry about the off-topic thing, it happens a lot around here and the threads eventually get back on track.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
I cant think of any films that I can say I dont want to see again as I go through stanges, like I'll watch a movie and watch it again not long after as I enjoyed it or because I want to see if I missed anything. Or I'll watch a movie and either I enjoy it or dont then I put it up on the shelf an I will watch it maybe afew weeks, months or even years before I'll watch it again.

LOTR is a perfect example I loved the trilogy, the story, the visual effects and the battle scenes but im not in a rush to site and watch them soon but I will watch them again.

I liked Once but I think I only need to see that once unless some lady friend really wanted to watch it with me or something. I mean I downloaded the music which is good especially "Say It to Me Now" but I don't see a re-watch in my future.

I think it is star trek voyager !

I agree with the star trek movies.. I mean all of them are greatly made. But I would rather watch them once only because it gets boring when you watch it all over again... Don't you think?

I agree with the star trek movies.. I mean all of them are greatly made. But I would rather watch them once only because it gets boring when you watch it all over again... Don't you think?
Not for me I just rewatched all of them this week

I see. We do have different interests... I guess you really liked the movie?