Most Poetic Song Writer

Tools    

Arresting your development

I give credit to that song in the end credits of Leon The Professional.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Tacitus

The Stone Roses
Their groundbreaking, trendsetting, fantastic debut has always been something of an obsession for me.... *sigh* If I had to write a top 10 or even a top 5 "The Stone Roses" would be on it any day of the week.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Loreena McKennitt:

The Mummer's Dance -

When in the springtime of the year
When the trees are crowned with leaves
When the ash and oak, and the birch and yew
Are dressed in ribbons fair

When owls call the breathless moon
In the blue veil of the night
The shadows of the trees appear
Amidst the lantern light

We've been rambling all the night
And some time of this day
Now returning back again
We bring a garland gay

Who will go down to those shady groves
And summon the shadows there
And tie a ribbon on those sheltering arms
In the springtime of the year

The songs of birds seem to fill the wood
That when the fiddler plays
All their voices can be heard
Long past their woodland days

And so they linked their hands and danced
Round in circles and in rows
And so the journey of the night descends
When all the shades are gone

A garland gay we bring you here
And at your door we stand
It is a sprout well budded out
The work of Our Lord's hand.

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Their groundbreaking, trendsetting, fantastic debut has always been something of an obsession for me.... *sigh* If I had to write a top 10 or even a top 5 "The Stone Roses" would be on it any day of the week.
It's just a pity that they burned out so soon. Great while it lasted though, eh?

Page/Plant obviously for me
Neil Young (I love how his songs tell stories. . .sometimes, like on Rust Never Sleeps)
Jim Morrison definately
Lennon/McCartney
Johnny Cash

I know, I know, all the ones I named are frickin' obvious choices.
And found he was eating his shoe.

It's just a pity that they burned out so soon. Great while it lasted though, eh?
To me it was more like them turning into stone (harr harr) than burning out. The gap between their two "real" albums was too wide. Seems like they were inhibited by their own legend status. But maybe it's time to give "Second Coming" a second chance... (I swear, I'm not trying to be funny...).

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
To me it was more like them turning into stone (harr harr) than burning out. The gap between their two "real" albums was too wide. Seems like they were inhibited by their own legend status. But maybe it's time to give "Second Coming" a second chance... (I swear, I'm not trying to be funny...).
I think it was more of a case of being incapacitated by various substances which led to near-terminal laziness...

I've got Second Coming somewhere but ain't listened to it in years, I remember 10 Story Love Song being darned good though but most of it's just dull rock.

Saw them in 1990 (I think) - couldn't play, couldn't sing but absolutely brilliant all the same. Happy days.

I think it was more of a case of being incapacitated by various substances which led to near-terminal laziness...

I've got Second Coming somewhere but ain't listened to it in years, I remember 10 Story Love Song being darned good though but most of it's just dull rock.

Saw them in 1990 (I think) - couldn't play, couldn't sing but absolutely brilliant all the same. Happy days.
I remember that they switched producers several times and I even think they recorded almost a complete album, only to start all over again. "Ten Storey Love Song" was the one song on "Second Coming" that sounded like it could have been from the debut. The others sounded more like the outro of "I Am the Resurrection". I think they did the right thing trying not to do the same album one more time... only thing is they didn't know how to do something else as brilliant.

I never saw them here in Sweden. I saw a live show on video though.. from Liverpool I think. Ian Brown wasn't even looking for the right key...

I got for good luck my black tooth.
How about Patti Smith? She started off as a poet.

Just a girl who loves movies
Poeti: Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan, Jim Morrison ... there are others too, but now I'm a bit tired

Colour out of Time
RESURRECTION MODE ... Activated

Tom Waits
Patti Smith
Robert Zimmerman
Viv Stanshall (Bonzo Doggy Doo Da Band)
Jello Biafra (Dead Kennedys)
Hawkwind (for cosmic scifi and who can beat their Quark, Strangeness and Charm a song about sub atomic particular love)