Ferguson MO

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I don't like the police killing anyone. They have way too much power as it is. I don't believe Darren Wilson. I don't believe a guy comes after you after you keep shooting him. I also don't think it's out of the realm of possibility of infiltration, having a black man or woman give bogus "eye-witness" testimony to destroy every witnesses' story. It happened during the Student Movement, Gay Movement, Civil Rights.. It's always years later these documents that have some truth appear, but most people don't know about the Freedom of Information Act, or even read period (except us).. The same happened with JFK (and all the other assassinations), but when most people who were around then are dead, it's not an issue anymore. After years and years, things die down, and those who remember it aren't given much of a chance, because the media is only interested in today's chaos. It's business-driven. We movie people should know this already.

There's a lot we don't know, and

Let the night air cool you off
I don't like the police killing anyone. They have way too much power as it is. I don't believe Darren Wilson. I don't believe a guy comes after you after you keep shooting him. I also don't think it's out of the realm of possibility of infiltration, having a black man or woman give bogus "eye-witness" testimony to destroy every witnesses' story. It happened during the Student Movement, Gay Movement, Civil Rights.. It's always years later these documents that have some truth appear, but most people don't know about the Freedom of Information Act, or even read period (except us).. The same happened with JFK (and all the other assassinations), but when most people who were around then are dead, it's not an issue anymore. After years and years, things die down, and those who remember it aren't given much of a chance, because the media is only interested in today's chaos. It's business-driven. We movie people should know this already.

There's a lot we don't know, and
It's one thing not to believe the police story, but you don't have anything to back up this theory. I can't get on board with what you are saying unless there is really something there to convince me. As it is, it just sounds like conspiracy theories. And as much as I'd like to say that Darren Wilson is a murderer, so I could have somebody to be mad at, it's hard to just say the things you say without having something substantial behind them.

Also, what kind of movement would this be? You mention those others, but they are way different circumstances.

EDIT: This isn't me trying to discredit your theory by the way. I'd like to hash this out with you and see what we could come up. If it's something you truly believe. Please outline to me why exactly you believe this, but leave out historical events and stick with what we know or what we think we know. And why these things make you feel the way you do.

This doesn't have to be a movement. Maybe he officer acted to harshly and to avoid a real riot, they wanted to make it seem like they really investigated. Anyone who has studied Law knows it wasn't handled the way it should have been. The prosecutor's family is all police officers, his dad was shot by a black man. You can't say he's objective.

In any case, we should raise the questions and let the Establishment answer them.

I haven't really examined much of this stuff... but from what I'm sensing here based on what I've seen... Darren Wilson was really looking out for his own safety. He was a police officer and he told Michael Brown to stop doing something and Michael Brown came close to killing him with his own gun. Yeah, maybe if Darren Wilson had said nothing, this wouldn't have happened to Michael Brown. But apparently Michael Brown was already a bad character to begin with. And Darren Wilson was a police officer. Based on what I know, which is probably little, I feel for Darren Wilson and what he'll have to go through now.

This reminds me of Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman from awhile back....

But in my opinion, this George Zimmerman guy... I do not like him at all. Possibly he was looking out for himself, too, I dunno... but he was not a police officer and he strikes me as a nutty busybody type, very different from Darren Wilson. Both Wilson and Zimmerman were the same age, too, I believe -- 28. Not that it matters, but it's interesting.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	george-zimmerman.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	18724  

This doesn't have to be a movement. Maybe he officer acted to harshly and to avoid a real riot, they wanted to make it seem like they really investigated. Anyone who has studied Law knows it wasn't handled the way it should have been. The prosecutor's family is all police officers, his dad was shot by a black man. You can't say he's objective.

In any case, we should raise the questions and let the Establishment answer them.
Who is the "Establishment?"

And his dad being shot by a black man doesn't make me think he is out to get all black men. And I agree that this situation was handled poorly, but that doesn't make me automatically assume that the shooting was done nefariously.

And his dad being shot by a black man doesn't make me think he is out to get all black men.
I didn't know about this. Darren Wilson's dad? It could have at least made him like black men a little less.

Let's not twist words. The prosecutor could have subconscious racism.. I'm not saying his goal is to lock up all black men, but a little here, a little there could change the difference between going to trial, and letting the officer free.

If everyone was rooting for the head of Wilson, I would probably be the first to say, "Wait a minute..." - We can't only like or dislike the truth if it doesn't correlate with our thinking. We should be flexible. Reasonable doubt.

911 told Zimmerman not to do a thing, and not to approach Trayvon Martin. Even the case went away, he had a gun pointed to his wife and her father. Speaking of marriage, Darren Wilson got married before the Prosecutors decision.

I guarantee you I would not be friends with Michael Brown. Never. But that shouldn't be excusable.... Listen to the Darren Wilson interview and read the law.. They keep using the same terminology because they know the law. If you feel your life is in danger, you can do almost anything it seems. At least let it go to trial, at least let him face just a tiny bit of detention, after all, he did kill an unarmed man. And if you're a 6-4 police officer, you shouldn't be that scared. 12 shots is just wayyyy too many. I just feel people are not defending Darren Wilson as much as their group, race, etc. etc., which is very dangerous.

I guess the purpose of message boards is to dissect the discussion. Maybe the next response on here will be something that none of us considered.

I guarantee you I would not be friends with Michael Brown. Never. But that shouldn't be excusable.... Listen to the Darren Wilson interview and read the law.. They keep using the same terminology because they know the law. If you feel your life is in danger, you can do almost anything it seems. At least let it go to trial, at least let him face just a tiny bit of detention, after all, he did kill an unarmed man. And if you're a 6-4 police officer, you shouldn't be that scared. 12 shots is just wayyyy too many. I just feel people are not defending Darren Wilson as much as their group, race, etc. etc., which is very dangerous.

I guess the purpose of message boards is to dissect the discussion. Maybe the next response on here will be something that none of us considered.
1. Of course they keep using the same terminology, you'd try to do the same if you were trying to keep yourself from being put in jail. Speaking from some experience, even if you are innocent, you have to be as prepared as possible and be as safe as possible. Don't allow yourself to be put away because you slip up and say the wrong thing. You are under a microscope, it's easy for an innocent man to betray himself.

2. The word unarmed is thrown around a lot, as if that somehow means Michael Brown wasn't a threat.

3. You shouldn't be scared? Well that's just bullsh*t, man. If you think somebody is trying to kill you, it's perfectly reasonable to be scared. I don't care if you are 8'4".

4. Explain why 12 shots is too many? Not all the shots hit, some of them hit in place that are just flesh wounds and wouldn't stop the man.

5. Nobody here has defended any race, as far as I know.

I see you're trying to defend Wilson, and trying to reason, but I don't think that's our job. We can all speculate, but no one speculates away from what you mentioned.

You don't have to say you're defending a race to mean it. And I'm not directing this towards you, but it could be for many people. It seems that everyone sides with the group of skin, which I think is the opposite of progress.

If a guy shot me that many times, I certainly wouldn't continue to walk towards him.

What about the multiple witnesses who said his hands were up? Some who say he stopped and wasn't walking towards him the entire time. So allow me to think as the officer. Maybe he was scared and went berserk?

I just don't think everything is black and white. The media (and other sources) pick and choose what they want to discuss. My premise all along is that we shouldn't pretend we know everything, and that to me, there is a reasonable doubt.

I didn't know about this. Darren Wilson's dad? It could have at least made him like black men a little less.
I didn't mention another thing you might not have known. The prosecutor's dad (who was shot by a black man) was also an officer, not to mention 6 members of close family... We're human, we all have our prejudices. It's less serious, but we might not like people who love horrible movies.

And like an earlier poster said, when in doubt, the police will protect their own, because in a way, they're protecting themselves.

I want this discussion, so I'd really like if you would address my points. I'd like think more about this, if you could point out where I am wrong, if you think I am wrong, that would be great.

If there was any racism going on with the events from the Ferguson case, it was reverse racism. Had the suspect who was killed been white, there would have been no media frenzy, no riots. Had the cop been black and the suspect white, still there would have been no media frenzy, no riots.

Officer Wilson said that the suspect he stopped, 'hit him in the face, grabbing for his gun.' ANYWHERE in America that is grounds for a police officer to use deadly force...and it doesn't matter if the person is black, white or polka dot, if you hit a cop in the face, you're a deadly menace.

This isn't a contest. I wish others would chime in. Like I said, there might things we haven't considered or heard yet. When it becomes a contest, we're going to see things the way we want to. As I said earlier, truth or ego.

I don't see how a cop with a gun is threatened by a man without a gun even as he's firing.

There isn't all wrong, or all right. But things that have a degree of uncertainty.

If there was any racism going on with the events from the Ferguson case, it was reverse racism. Had the suspect who was killed been white, there would have been no media frenzy, no riots. Had the cop been black and the suspect white, still there would have been no media frenzy, no riots.

Officer Wilson said that the suspect he stopped, 'hit him in the face, grabbing for his gun.' ANYWHERE in America that is grounds for a police officer to use deadly force...and it doesn't matter if the person is black, white or polka dot, if you hit a cop in the face, you're a deadly menace.
That's what Wilson said. He'll say whatever it takes to make sure he's safe. What about the witnesses who were there, who say the opposite? There were at least three during the first 48 hours.

This isn't a contest. I wish others would chime in. Like I said, there might things we haven't considered or heard yet. When it becomes a contest, we're going to see things the way we want to. As I said earlier, truth or ego.

I don't see how a cop with a gun is threatened by a man without a gun even as he's firing.

There isn't all wrong, or all right. But things that have a degree of uncertainty.
A cop with a gun can be threatened by a man without a gun, because if that man closes the distance and neutralizes the cops firearm, the cop is now in a very vulnerable position.

I think if people want to question this case, it's completely understandable, but race never should've been brought up. I agree with C Rules completely.

I don't really agree with this. There's no way to know for sure. I don't want to say "If such-and-such person of such-and-such race does this or that then this or that would have happened." That's tightroping on dangerous ground.

I do agree with this though.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I'm sure there are wonderful people in every profession. I worked in journalism in the early 90s and had a chance to meet and work with a ton of cops in Niagara Falls, Canada. It was frightening what I saw. The amount of abuse cops are privy to would make your head swim, but they ALL protect one another like you wouldn't believe. Ask your friend about it and I would be surprised if he didn't agree with me. Here's how it works: As a cop, you are generally hated or at least distrusted by the public making it difficult to make friends outside the force. This leads most cops to keep their friends and their social lives within the force. If you see abuse by other officers and you rat on them, even other good cops will no longer support you and you become completely isolated both personally and professionally. Most cops have wives who also end up in this little blue bubble. Nobody wants to be close with a cop's wife so they tend to stick together also. If you rat out another cop, there is a good chance your wife will get the cold shoulder from her friends and she's not going to be happy with you for helping to lose her friends. It's very much like a gang or the mafia, a complaint I heard dozens of times while working with them. What makes this particularly egregious is that a lot of bullies/sociopaths are attracted to law enforcement and so a lot of good people cover for really sick individuals. It's peer pressure gone mad.
He said this: "Stick up for each other? Sure, sometimes. Cover up for each other? No. "

The rest of what you describe isn't close to our world. At all. The thought of me every joining some police wife solidarity club is funny. I'm so not that girl. My friends accept him. I am not shunned. My best friend and he are friends even. They hang out without me. He has friends that are and aren't police officers.

This is just my experience so I haven't seen this world you describe. They don't all even like each other very much.

That's what Wilson said. He'll say whatever it takes to make sure he's safe. What about the witnesses who were there, who say the opposite? There were at least three during the first 48 hours.
And how many of those testified?

Also as a side note about a 6' 4" man shouldn't be scared, that's absolute ********. Brown had 80 pounds on Wilson