The Master sets a record!

Tools    

I know I haven't been around much, but this got me all excited in my movie nerd genes!

The Master set the all time high per screen average for a traditional release.

It gives me hope that there's at least a small section of humanity that's interested in these types of films. I may continue my streak of seeing P. T. Anderson films in the theater!

Wow that's mad money. I'll probably have to wait a week or two to see it due to time constraints

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
It certainly means that the target audience is primed for the movie. As far as I know, none of Anderson's movies have grossed squat. Well, There Will Be Blood made $40 million domestically.

Well, I'll have to see The Master, if only because I like Phoenix and respect his acting acumen. Actually, River was even more talented than Joaquim.
I liked Magnolia but There Will Be Blood, although technically a well made movie, left me bored. I kept waiting for something to happen.

Well, I'll have to see The Master, if only because I like Phoenix and respect his acting acumen. Actually, River was even more talented than Joaquim.
I liked Magnolia but There Will Be Blood, although technically a well made movie, left me bored. I kept waiting for something to happen.
Waiting for something to happen? Like a giant monster attack or something?

There Will Be Blood is a terrific film, IMO. Plenty of things happen.

Waiting for something to happen? Like a giant monster attack or something?

There Will Be Blood is a terrific film, IMO. Plenty of things happen.
I don't know. Plenty of people have said that. I love Daniel Day Lewis and that's why I saw the movie. May have to re-watch it and see if my first impression is confirmed. I do remember that I was expecting more and it left me dissapointed. Kind of like Eureka.