The Killer 2023 (David Fincher)

Tools    

Oof, major yawn.

WARNING: spoilers below
Maybe him missing his target and hitting the dominatrix was meant to demonstrate the inconstancy of life. I'd have to watch it again to see if this was alluded to in any way in the voice-over narration.

"It's amazing how physically exhausting it can be to do nothing. If you are unable to endure boredom this work is not for you"

may well have been directed more to the audience than Fassbenders meditation on his "work" ?

plus I'm not a great lover of The Smith's and I wonder if music is only used to keep the killers inner thoughts from wondering why he so rigidly stick to this one band. I guess it don't matter why.

I really wanna watch a movie with some "normies" in it now, I feel kinda cold too...

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…
He literally makes a mistake in every scene/act that makes me think the lawyer character had been growing wary of him from his recent work and this was a convenient out before he comprised himself.

If they paid for all those The Smiths songs, just to f’ em up… Unless Morrissey is heavily featured in this cancel culture movie he wants to make. Fincher will probably never make a traditional studio movie again and I think he suffers from this blank check model.

I enjoyed the first thirty minutes of the movie. Fincher did a good job portraying the main character's anxiety. Dominica Republic & post that was average, barring the fight sequence.

I know Le Samourai was an inspiration, but I remember another French movie, where a college student living in small house, skips college & just wanders around the city for the day. & that alone was the movie. It had no dialogues but a commentary around society, people, relationships, etc.

I was reminded of it, because that movie had a scene at a spot similar to the one in this where Fassebender's character sits & eats his burger.

Would be nice if anyone could remember the name of the movie.

I didn't care the least for it. What was the point of any of it? I would have settled for "it all means nothing" sort of point (as Burn After Reading does it), but it's just empty and unengaging. Le Samourai it is not. It's not even as good as The Accountant. Just as well, since I'm already having trouble trimming away movies for my neo-noir list.