Movie Tab II

Tools    

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours

Sin City(Robert Rodriguez 2005)-Now this one I can watch over and over again probably the best comic book movie ever made the inner voice over narrations of the characters
*In snooty voice

I think you mean graphic novel

I think you mean graphic novel

Damn you're right,silly me

I just got back from seeing Rush Hour 3-crazy as always and so damn funny I couldn't stop laughing,Chris Tucker is hilarious although the the movie turned out to be quite short and just ended

I watched Feed (2005, Brett Leonard) the other day. It is one of the most disturbing movies I've seen in a long time. I liked it so much that it is now in my top 10 You all will think I'm weird, I know, for putting this in my top 10. But when a movie disturbs me this much, it deserves a top 10 spot, even if all that is going for it is shock value.

Atonement (Joe Wright, 2007)

I usually hate British costume dramas, but this was very different. A passionate and complex love story, with very good performances from both Knightley and McAvoy. The smart and adept script, beautiful cinematography and stylishly great direction could, and should, carry this film straight to the Oscars.

The Usual Suspects (1995) 4/5

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Atonement (Joe Wright, 2007)

I usually hate British costume dramas, but this was very different. A passionate and complex love story, with very good performances from both Knightley and McAvoy. The smart and adept script, beautiful cinematography and stylishly great direction could, and should, carry this film straight to the Oscars.
I've had exactly the same thoughts on the film, only i havn't seen it.

Tomcats

This movie reminded me that I'm still an immature dude that loves fart jokes.

Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride

I've read a book about Hunter Thompson and I came away not liking the guy at all. I don't like guys that treat women like crap. Same goes for Bukowski. He's a piece of crap. But, this movie did manage to light his career achievements more so than his personal life so I'm mixed now. Separating the artist from the art, that sort of deal. The docs structure was kind of ragged.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Poseidon (2006, Wolfgang Petersen)

Some parts were really poorly done. I found myself saying "oh whatever!" a lot.

But the funniest thing happened at the end of the movie though. My cat got really excited and ran up to the tv right at the very scene when the guy shot the flayer gun. It was the cutest and funniest thing.

Some parts were really poorly done. I found myself saying "oh whatever!" a lot.
Gummo, what scenes did you find poorly done? I rather enjoyed this one allot.

A very touching sacrificial scene near the end too.

OK. Care to tell us what you're on about?
I, also, do not like British costume dramas but watching the trailer for Atonement, i thought it would have all the good points you pointed out in your review. Care to tell us what's not to get?

A very touching sacrificial scene near the end too.

I did enjoy this movie a lot as well. It was good entertainment, good action. The scenes that I found myself saying, "whatever" to was when the lead guy jumped in the water through the gasoline and swam to the other side with the fire hose. Another was how the ship did a 360 degree flip in the water and then sunk so quickly after they escaped. Also when they escaped the ship, the life raft was waiting right there for them.

I haven't watched Poseidon yet… but always liked the original Poseidon Adventure… have either of you seen it and if so, how does the remake compare?

I haven't watched Poseidon yet… but always liked the original Poseidon Adventure… have either of you seen it and if so, how does the remake compare?
ooops, perhaps I should put what I wrote in spoilers?

Anyway, I haven't seen the original yet. It was out the day I rented this one and I really wanted to see the original but settled for this

ooops, perhaps I should put what I wrote in spoilers?

Anyway, I haven't seen the original yet. It was out the day I rented this one and I really wanted to see the original but settled for this

... I don't think what you wrote is enough to spoil it for anyone.

When you get a chance, watch the original... I always thought they did a good job on it... especially considering what they had to do with back then....