The Dark Knight Review

→ in
Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
I know I'm in the minority here but I don't love this film that much. I mean it's a good movie,great even. But a 9.0 on IMDB? Hahahaha you've got to be joking me.

Loved the film

Hated the more recent third instalment, went to cinema and was bored to tears, what a shame

Finished here. It's been fun.
TDKR did feel kind of rushed. I was enjoying it alot, until maybe the final act. It became very sloppy and with alot of writing mistakes. I think the script could have used a couple more revisions and rewrites.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
I liked TDKR a lot. I think there's only one character I didn't care to have in there, which I won't spoil, but I think if they weren't there, the movie would've been miles better. That being said, I feel it's more of a character study than an action film, which is a good thing in some cases.

ARE WE GONNA DO THAT RIGHT NOW?

So terribly disappointing. TDK is likely the greatest superhero flick of all time and it just totally imploded with the final installment. Who thought it would be a good idea for Batman to spend almost the entire movie as a woos? We want to see Batman be a badass, he basically spends the entire movie being totally incompetent and weak. Plot holes/stupid pacing all over the place. So many other things I could remark on, but I'm getting tired.

are some saying it's some ultimate masterpiece of film history?

don't think so, yet i found it good enough for what it was... a 7ish out of 10 movie

I thought batman begins was awesome... the 'dark' take on batman following the hilarious michael keaton/val kilmer ones.

The dark knight was already a let down. Good, but without the prestige of the joker character it wasn't great.

dark knight rises was boring. it's just 3 movies of the same, except the villain gets downgraded.

imagine if dark knight rises had bane, penguin, clayface, solomon grundy, harley quinn and joker. (the batman arkham city game makes the dark knight movies look infinitely uneventful... you see more in 5 minutes of that game than you see in 3 hours of movie)

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
It's easily the weakest of the trilogy IMO but it wasn't horrible. If think Rises was bad then watch Batman and Robin. After that you'll rank TDKR right up there with the likes of Seven Samurai and Citizen Kane.

I think The Dark Knight Rises is just as good as The Dark Knight. And if you think about, only a few Marvel films have actually been any good. The Marvel studio has been producing so much bilge that they have blocked the pump!

I'll be straight up honest and say that the only Nolan batman film I liked, was batman begins, and even that had enough flaws in to make it just barely passable as something enjoyable. Nolan messed around far too much with the source material, made it far too hollywood which is not something batman is supposed to be, and the movies too long. He spent too much time on what the villains were doing and not enough time on actually establishing them as characters, Of course Rises is the most notorious for all of that, being that the only person who seemed to act on par with the previous films was Anne Hathaway. I could write a 10 page article on what's wrong with Nolan's batman. There is just so much to talk about.

the thing that makes this movie to step up for success is the entry of Tom Hardy as Bane. he's the main character to put a life into this movie and make it a great success by giving a tough fight to Batman.

I would say 7/10

Batman Begins bored me to death but I loved The Dark Knight...I'm pretty sure I was holding my breath during the entire film...Heath Ledger was amazing. I find it a little troubling to think that Ledger used drugs to enhance his performance. I'm pretty sure his drug use had very little to do with role research. Sober actors have played alcoholics without getting drunk for months prior to filming. Straight actors have played gay characters and vice versa. I just don't buy it.