Abortion; Why?

Tools    

Semper Fooey
I was thinking the head on the neck.

Are there rapists who are kind enough to put a condom on? If it's rape, you might as well get your money's worth out of it and go completely bare down there, you know? This isn't special, scheduled sex -- it's RAPE! It's do-whatever-you-want, don't-care-about-the-rape-victim sex. It's free association, watercolor painting sex. It's run-up-to-the-buffet-counters-and-grab-whatever-you-want sex. It's my-penis-is-a-Super-Soaker-3000 sex. It's not we're-going-to-outer-space, need-a-spacesuit-and-helmet-or-else-we'll-die sex. It's sex as God intended it to be. God did not invent the helmets -- he INVENTED THE ACCIDENTS!

It is not one person's choice. I believe that since it takes two people to make a baby, the father should have a right in the say in decisions made. That said, I may be a little biased, but it isn't someone's choice to end the life of someone else. I was adopted and met my mother... I will say that the idea that she may have thought about abortion makes me sad to think about. Actually recently saw a movie about a girl whose mother had attempted an abortion, but it had failed and she survived and was adopted. good movie.

I honestly don't care how hard the choice to keep a pregnancy is, there is never really a reason that generally means ending the life of a child. The only case might be saving the mother's life, but that isn't very common with modern medical procedures... and more often than not the mother will opt to save the child's life over her own. That is when/where a decision must be made, and I will admit, I am not the one who should decide in that case.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Rape...not good I know. wish it didn't happen.

but still why should the baby be punished for the sins of the father? it's not the baby's fault.

put a helmet on people.
Put a helmet on? Are you telling rapists to put a condom on? Are you saying that rape is okay with a condom? What are you trying to say here? Consider me confused, please clarify.

It is not one person's choice. I believe that since it takes two people to make a baby, the father should have a right in the say in decisions made.
Every case is different. You can't honestly say that a rapist should have a decision can you? That's disrespectful to the woman.

I honestly don't care how hard the choice to keep a pregnancy is, there is never really a reason that generally means ending the life of a child.
It is not a child. It is a fetus.

The only case might be saving the mother's life, but that isn't very common with modern medical procedures... and more often than not the mother will opt to save the child's life over her own. That is when/where a decision must be made, and I will admit, I am not the one who should decide in that case.
How in the world can you say that there is only one case where it can be allowed? That is a disgusting point of view.

"Back-alley" abortions cause 68,000 maternal deaths each year in the 33 countries where abortion is not legal or available, according to the World Health Organization in Oct. 2006. Why not try and make a 'safe' environment for the mother? It doesn't matter if it is legal or not, people will STILL GET IT DONE.

I feel like a thread like this will go nowhere cause I seem to be saying the same drivel I did when I first posted in this thread in response to drivel from others. In the end, I like this quote and I think people should abide by it.

"We know that women have abortions for many reasons. Even if we disagree on the issue of abortion, we can agree that these are private personal decisions we all must be able to make based on our own circumstances, beliefs, and values. We should respect and support a woman and her family as they face the life-altering decision of whether to have a child. It is neither my place nor our government's place to make such an important life decision for someone else... We all care about life and about doing our best for the people we love. When we bring children into the world we want them to have the opportunity to live a good life. And we want to build a better future for our children and our grandchildren.

Abortion and reproductive freedom more broadly defined are important pieces of ensuring this common dream. To obtain a better future, we each must be free to make profoundly personal decisions about our reproductive lives without unwarranted government intrusion. As with all freedoms, there are limits. But a government that respects the personal integrity of its people both interferes in these essentially private decisions as little as possible and helps ensure that everyone has the opportunity to make these decisions responsibly."

Jan. 22, 2009 - Louise Melling, JD

Suspect's Reviews

Put a helmet on? Are you telling rapists to put a condom on? Are you saying that rape is okay with a condom? What are you trying to say here? Consider me confused, please clarify.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	qefKXD1360559674.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	10048  

I am for abortion,whether it's rape or not,I think people should have a right to choose.

Yes! Women have to right and their partner if they're in relationship.

Governments have no right and Church, as it isn't their body!!!

Whose body it is is the entire premise of the argument, so repeating that is pointless. And the fact that it actually got repped shows how much of this stuff is just kneejerk cheerleading.

My new rule on this is that if someone can't tell me when it becomes a child, they shouldn't expect anyone to take their opinion seriously when they confidently declare when it isn't.

It is not a child. It is a fetus.
And by naming it something else you, what...magically rob it of any humanity it might have?

How in the world can you say that there is only one case where it can be allowed? That is a disgusting point of view.
Is it similarly disgusting to say it should be allowed in all cases?

"Back-alley" abortions cause 68,000 maternal deaths each year in the 33 countries where abortion is not legal or available, according to the World Health Organization in Oct. 2006. Why not try and make a 'safe' environment for the mother? It doesn't matter if it is legal or not, people will STILL GET IT DONE.
I take it, then, that I can list other things that are illegal and happen anyway, and you'll support legalizing them? I don't know your position on gun control, but the logic works pretty similarly there, too. Everything against the law happens anyway. That's not an argument against laws.

Whose body it is is the entire premise of the argument, so repeating that is pointless.
not everyone reads earlier posts before saying their opinion. :P

My new rule on this is that if someone can't tell me when it becomes a child, they shouldn't expect anyone to take their opinion seriously when they confidently declare when it isn't.
I never understood what does it prove.Well,lets just say that "it" becomes a child just after sexual intercourse.Does it mean that this child now cannot be aborted?Does it mean that it's a murder?

not everyone reads earlier posts before saying their opinion. :P
No, I mean it's the entire premise of the pro-life argument. When people say "it's her body," they're either ignorant of what the other side is arguing, or they're just choosing to talk right past it.

I never understood what does it prove.Well,lets just say that "it" becomes a child just after sexual intercourse.Does it mean that this child now cannot be aborted?Does it mean that it's a murder?
That's the question: how many people are pro-choice because they don't think it's a child, and how many are pro-choice because they think it is, but still think you can justify killing it? And how many are pro-choice because they've never even thought about the question? Based on how much of the debate revolves around slogans short enough to fit on bumper stickers, I'm thinking that last group is disconcertingly large.

kneejerk cheerleading.

Cheerleading hey? When your friend hasn't got the means and the support, is that kneejeck?

In Australia, there is high profile Women who fell pregnant when they were young and they aborted. So, your argument is ignorant.

What're you talking about, dude? Because I'm talking about people who give rep to bumper sticker arguments just because they agree with the position, not the socioeconomic status of people who get abortions. I have no idea where you got that idea.

My argument states - It's the Women's choice and if she wants to discuss it to family, or a relationship whom she presently with - so be it. I can't say it more clearly than that!

Church - No
Government -No