Movies you loved but everyone else hated?

Tools    

Fritz Lang's Metropolis. Love that movie, but most everyone I know thinks its a piece of crap.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Fritz Lang's Metropolis. Love that movie, but most everyone I know thinks its a piece of crap.
What? Everyone thinks it's a great movie. I have to see it, though.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
My friends think that every movie that hasn't got an action sequence every 5 minutes is a boring piece of trash. x.X

All the Sci-Fi movies ever made. And I agree A.I. was solid

My wife and kids and in-laws hated Metropolis. My 7 year old grandaughter liked it after she quit complaining it was B+W. I guess we were the only ones in our family that had any class.

The Thing (2011)

My friends think that every movie that hasn't got an action sequence every 5 minutes is a boring piece of trash. x.X
Completely agree with you, everyone wants full-blown action, but that's not 'real' film making.

All the Sci-Fi movies ever made. And I agree A.I. was solid
Film critics in general like A.I., Ebert in fact included it among his Great Movies collection. It was indeed a great film and has a rather high rating on the IMDB. I included it among my 100 favorite films list.

I would say that I never loved a film rated lower than 7.5 on the IMDB and in fact never liked one rated under 6.5 in the IMDB so I guess I am rather mainstream in my film tastes.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Metropolis is definitely a very dated silent film, and while some of its visuals stand up today, the film's greatness more from the influence it made. As for me, I fell in love with Kenneth Lonergan's "Margaret" last year, which most people really hated. It is broken, but I think it's our "Magnificent Ambersons"

Southland Tales. I havent met anyone else whos even liked it let alone loved it like me. I dont even think I've read or heard someone say they enjoyed it. Haha

Same actually all of my friends though it was stupid. It didnt beat the original but it was definitely a good movie

Lincoln Lawyer is the first to come to mind. Most of my friends thought it was boring, although they later admitted it was picking up in quality as the movie went along.

In the Land of Women wasn't very well reviewed but I really loved it. I could just really relate to Adam Brody's character at the time, and the grandmother was hilarious. It's been a while since I watched it, so my opinion might have changed, but I really enjoyed it when I saw it.

Dark Shadows (2012) Apparently, most people hate this. That is, almost every review I see online trashes it and I can't see why. A totally fun ride for me.