I Am Legend 2

Tools    

North American Scum!
They butchered the original material IMO with that awful Hollywood ending. They should have kept the original book ending or just made it bleak as hell. And enough with the CGI...just regular vampiric looking actors would have been a hell of a lot scarier.

So the prequel for me is a no no. Instead why doesn't the movie making machine release The Road already which will be a much better apocalypse movie compared to Legend or any numbers of prequels/sequels they make for it.

What was the original ending for I Am Legend?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

What was the original ending for I Am Legend?
WARNING: "Robert Neville" spoilers below
Robert Neville (Will Smith) and Alice Braga end up leaving alive after curing an infected victim and showing the other infected people downstairs that he has a cure. They take it to the survivor's colony where they give the military the cure.

Thanks Vertical Gunn. Was that from the book or what they had planned for the film? I never watch deleted scenes or alternate endings on DVD's.

Thanks Vertical Gunn. Was that from the book or what they had planned for the film? I never watch deleted scenes or alternate endings on DVD's.
Well, if you watch the alternate ending video, you will notice that a part from the alternate ending is in the original movie trailer found here. The scene from the alternate ending is seen at the time length of 02:37.